You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing The Blur

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing The Blur

 

I and a friend have been having some strange things happen and often hear things or feel as if were being watched. We want some help with it.

It started a while back, almost a year when I (Aaron) often was woken up by someone pushing open my door and shouting "shah shut up!", I got used to it and eventually put it down to me being half asleep and maybe my dog coming into my room and me shouting.

This eventually died down and doesn't often happen any more, however the floors are very creaky on our landing and every night either I hear the floorboards creak or something at my window (two stories up).

I was then around my friend Amelia's house quite recently, almost three months ago (she lives two doors down) and we were having a cigarette on her garden bench when we both heard a whisper in between us. We were obviously a bit disturbed by it and so jumped up and went inside.

After this the space in between us was very cold, and anything (like the remote) was freezing to the touch.

Wanting to get to the bottom if it and not really taking it too seriously but being a bit scared we decided to take pictures of each other to see if anything would show up. Weirdly and unfortunately it did in the picture of me (Aaron); there was a strange blurred shape off in the background, however the image hasn't occurred in any other pictures I have had taken of me or Amelia since then.

However for a few months nothing happened until Amelia moved into a new flat in the near town. She had things happen such as her shower turning on and things in her shared kitchen being loudly moved around when no one else was there.

I also have had things happen, like small objects, such as my lighter move and a white blur 'run' past my window on the bottom floor outside the living room. Both I and Amelia have seen this as well as a couple of friends. Every time it happens one of my dogs immediately growls and a couple of times have barked.

We both still hear the whisper; Amelia has heard it at her flat and at her work and I also have heard noises and whispers in my day to day activities. We have tried to put it down to other noises or our eye sight but for us both to hear and see things is a bit coincidental, as well as our friends see the object outside my window.

We are just wondering what it could be and if any of the incidents are linked. It to us, seems that from the dream like state to things actually moving, that it has moved on loads and if is anything are worried what it could eventually lead to, especially now we are seeing the 'blur' as well as hearing things and having things move.

Stupidly, we did about 6 months back decide to use a Ouijia board, we aren't sure whether this is why the incidents are happening or have gotten worse or if this is just coincidental and were worrying ourselves about it. To be honest however we totally forgot about using the board, but now are wondering if this is what it is. We did ask the spirit to leave after using it, even thought nothing happened at all and asked for protection before we used it like the instructions said.

Anyway, we would like some advice as we don't want anything to happen and the occurrences are often quite creepy or scary.

Even while writing this we have seen the blur 'run' past the window at least twice.

Anyone have any advice please? We would be most grateful for anyone's help, as we don't want to do anything in case it is supernatural and make it worse.

Many thanks Aaron and Amelia (both 18 and male and female as we heard from reading other stories (searching for any help there might be, relevant to us) that it often happens more to females than males)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aaronandamelia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Aaron,

I wouldn't say that so much that susceptibility to spirits runs in your family as maybe sensitivity to them. Perhaps there is something about certain members of your family where the veil that normally separates us from "the other side" (really I think the astral plane) is just thinner than it normally is for others.

I think that this veil can also be made thinner by a near death experience or by meditating. The thinner this veil is, among other things, the easier it is for spirits to interact with you (for better or worse). I would look at it this way instead of as some kind of malady or curse.

What can you do about this? If it were me, I would learn how to control this gift instead of letting it control me. Bear in mind though, if you do start to meditate and develop your psychic abilities, they will also most likely get stronger in the process as the veil is purposely made by you thinner. In other words, this sort of thing may become more common place, but you would have tools to deal with it. Look at some of ghostseer's postings on this site for a flavor of what it is that I'm talking about.

Here is one of her latest stories, spirits come to her all the time.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4703

Instead, you could pray to God (many times) to please make the veil that seperates you from the other side to become stronger. Ask for His protection from direct contact with all spirits. I would imagine that this would have the effect over time to make your veil stronger and that this type of thing would become a non-issue for you eventually.

Hoochler
aaronandamelia (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
thank you so much for your reply's.

Well before the Ouija board no we hadn't participated in anything like it before. We simply asked if there were any spirits present and then at the end when nothing happened we told any that may have appeared to leave, thanked them for any trouble and never thought of it again until recently. Stupidly I know (as there can be very wierd side affects) we didn't take it too seriously.

Thank you for the advice of keep positive:) I'm sure that will help in many aspects of life aswell and is always nice advice to hear:) and I will tell my friend of all the replys and advice.

Umm no I'm really sorry we couldn't quite make out the whisper and Amelia hasn't stuck around too long to ever listen too closely. It is interesting you say that it seems to have attached its self personally to us rather than an area as my friends have said the same and also that my family always seem to have supernatural experiences (mostly when younger (say around 5) or older (around 60)), so we were wondering if maybe we were more susceptible? What would we be able to do if we were?

Thank you again, please keep in touch if anyone has any more advice and we'll keep you up to date on your help:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I agree with what Surya said. It sounds like something may be attached to you, and it seems like too many linked incidents to be coincidence. Whatever it is may be visiting Amelia because she participated in the summoning. Again, I urge people who are not familiar with the spirits and the occult to stay away from such powerful devices. Anyhow, perhaps a personal cleansing of your aura will help. Try focusing on the positive things in your life and surrounding yourself with good energy. Perhaps you and Amelia should go on a road trip together or do something fun to get both of your energies closer to the positive side of the spectrum. Also, verbally ask whatever spirit might be hanging around you to please leave you alone and let you go about your life.

Warmest blessings,

DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Even before you got to the part of you guys using a ouija board, the first thing that came to mind was whether you had participated in anything dark. Who exactly was with you when you tried the ouija board? Was it just you and your friend? What exactly did you ask? I may be wrong but may be you left the port open and it needs to be closed. I am no expert on the ouija board, but this may be the case. As we all know fear is our biggest enemy, and as easy as it is to say be strong and replace the fear with strength, that is what you and your freind must do. It is a start and I am 100% there are others on this sight who can advise you as to what to do if it is the ouija board that has an open port. Keep us informed.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Thank you for sharing your experiences, I am curious though, were either of you able to make out what was whispered? Or have you tried using an audio recorder to see if it would record the whispers? As for the ouija board I can offer no help 😢. I have not used one (and don't intend to) but others on the sight can give you the information you are looking for. I hope everything works out well for the both of you. God bless. 😊
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hello Aaron, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your story. I think you are in phase #1 of the rental unit haunting cycle... See here for details.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4682

My advice to you is the same as it was to other author. Also, since you are one of the dabblers that started this off, you have more of an imperative to do something about this because it sounds like whatever answered your invitation is attached to you both personally and not the living space.

If what I wrote in the thread above and what is written in my profile are not enough to help you, feel free to e-mail me with specific questions if you think I can help.

Good luck,

Hoochler

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: