You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: An Entity Took My Sight Temporarily

Real Ghost Stories

An Entity Took My Sight Temporarily

 

This happened to me early. I was entering my twenties, and I was in California at the time. We were living in Clairemont, and I was out taking a walk.

Try taking a walk, and suddenly losing your vision. It happened to me, and it lasted about five minutes.

I believe I was two and half blocks from our house. It was early evening, and the sun was gone. I remember the air being nippy, so I am guessing it to be late Fall.

I was tired and grumpy. I needed to be alone, but it's hard to be alone when you are always being followed. I am talking about the Souls who stick to Planet earth. There are a few travelers (Ghostly Souls) who seem curious about me, but it's mostly "stuck" Souls/Ghosts...in any given location, who follow me around.

It was dark, and I wanted to fill my mind with quiet. It rarely happens, but I try anyway. I can feel the Apparitions coming-the elderly, who lived ultra long lives, and refuse to leave what they remember. Those who fell from illness, babies who died in the womb and took their Mothers with them, children-injured at home, who died where they lay.

They come out of the dark... Seeking answers to their confusion, and I am followed. I am but one person, and I get so overwhelmed at times. I can't help them all, and I wait for word from a higher source, before I help a lost Soul.

On that night, I was hoping I wouldn't be called to help. I just didn't have it in me, and that's when I was attacked. In my weakened state, I let my guard down, and I was struck down by an angry entity.

As I said before, I am only Human, and it was one of those times I was wishing to be somebody else. To be "NORMAL" for a while, what a great gift that would be. I remember feeling sorry for myself, wanting to lift this burden from my heart, needing some peace for just a lttle while.

Can you imagine having non stop company around?...it's so exhausting, and I was on the edge of tears.

I made the mistake of passing a home once owned by a recluse. The man died long before we moved into the neighborhood, but I knew he was still there-clinging to HIS home. This was a Nasty entity. He hated everyone, and everything. I felt so sorry for the family that bought the house. I cannot imagine the horror they endured, but maybe they were not aware of their boarder. It happens like that sometimes...it's rare, especially in the case of an angry Ghost. They do not like to be ignored.

It was strange to see him outside the house!. The Ghost was pacing around on the front porch, and he looked nastier than usual. His face was contorted into a deep frown, but he saw me right away.

The thought crossed my mind," Cross the street-right now!"...but I didn't, and I kept walking. I hadn't gone but two steps when my sight started to fade. Now THIS scared me.

Here I was, in the dark-blinded. It was a frightening sensation to be standing there, alone... No one around except an angry entity, and I was BLIND.

This had never happened before, and I promised myself-it would be the last. It was disorienting, so I sat down on the sidewalk. Of course, I went right into prayer, asking for help, and that's when I heard him whisper into my ear...

" How does it feel?...to be in the dark! " and he laughed at me. It was a vile laugh, and it was cut off short. My sight returned within a minute or so, and I looked around. Adrenaline filled my body, and my heart was pounding-hard!. Standing back up on wobbly legs,

My eyes scanned the dark areas around me, but the old man "ghost", he was gone. He wasn't on the porch, and I didn't feel him any longer.

I think he got what he deserved-finally!. It took me a while to get my legs going again, but I decided to cut short this walk around the neighborhood, and I went home.

This experience really shook me to the core!. Never did I imagine, my eye sight could be taken away. Sure, it was temporary, but it taught me to be prepared. I pray before I go anywhere!...

I talk a lot about prayer-because it works!. I rely on the Prayer of Protection. Has anybody out there ever had their sight affected during a visitation?...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AngelStories (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Hi,
I did have a similar experience but my vision was blurry to the point that I really couldn't see, for maybe 2 minutes after waking out of my sleep. I was shocked to see this vision in my sleep and woke up. It was a white blur, then as I was crawling to get out of the room and go outside, my sight was coming back slowly. I hope that you thanked God for giving you your sight back.
Ghosttales.ning.com
❤ ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
ToraOkami303: Rule out your health, go get a physical. Chest pain when relaxing is never normal, and it is always good to find out you are not ill. Something everyone should do on a regular basis!. Eyesight changing, this is not a good thing... My experiences have been in the Paranormal, and not at any other time. I go get checked out by my Doc-twice a year. If you haven't been to see a health pro in a while, get in there. Stress will cause chest pain, but not eyesight fading...Blessings, Ghostseer
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
huh...it could be totally unrelated to ghost but I will get up an walk into the living room an the edges of my sight will darken and closing then disappear and my sight will be back... More ofter than not I associate this with the fact I was laying for hours then getting up and running through the house... But I have see to ghosts at my house and hear something walking around at night (my guardian angel dog,Thor, I like to believe) and sometimes I get a bad feeling like I'm being watch and I an constantly glancing at my door (which I keep closed) and sometime doing the most relaxing things I get a pain in my chest (like right now.) my friend tells me it helps to hold something that was a present... Is that true cause it's not working now... Seeing as I am holding three things ui got out of love (one froma teacher one from a friend another from when I was a baby...)

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
DeviousAngel: No worries!, we all enter "Land of Confusion" at sometime or another...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
ChrisB: Once again, I appreciate your thoughts and comments...Blessings, Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
ghostseer-- 😆 that explains it then. My mistake! California is a confusing place...Claremont, Clairemont, Montclair...

Warmest blessings,

DA
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hi Ghosteer thank you for sharring this scary event you had. I once heard that evil spirits like to get us when we least expect it. Rhodes said it perfectley low blow. I couldn't have imagine what you went through, those 5 minutes. It is a shame that there are these evil spirits who walk thi earth. But hateing the fact that they RAE here doesn't change it. I also think being preparred won't help to. But fighting the entity off is the only chance. I never had this happened to me and I realy hope I dont. But I'm glad that you were strong and you faught it off. Thanks for another remarcable story and I will be looking for more. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
That had to be frightening. I know what it's like to experience night blindness driving, especially if it's raining. My eyes are not as good as they once were by a long shot and I even have trouble seeing walking at night unless I stick to the streets and not the pavements or carry a flashlight. However it was only after dusk when this happened to you so we can rule out deep darkness. It must be very hard being so sensitive. I guess he knew you could see him so he rose to the occasion of trying to be nasty. Maybe his essence being dark was more in front of your eyes? Like he was standing in front of you blocking your view so to speak? Just a thought. I'm sure you know the difference being that you have encountered many ghosts. I don't know if I could handle what you do but you do it with aplomb. I just hope this blindess thing never happens again to you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
DA: Nope, am talking Clairemont-San Diego, off interstate 5 above Mission Bay/Pacific Beach.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
ghostseer--I am too... I live right by Claremont. Claremont as in right near Foothill aka Route 66, right?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
rhodes68: Low blow, so true, but I just go with the flow. It certainly makes for an interesting life, eh?!, Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
ParaTam: Your Husbands night vision should be researched, I agree. Interesting thoughts you presented. Thanks for your comments- Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
KimSouth0: My little fingers are typing away. Thanks! For all your encouraging words.Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
DA: I think we are talking about two different Clairemonts. I am talking about Southern Ca (You know, the movie: Fast times at Ridgemont high?...My High School was the school it talks about, Clairemont High)...and yes, I am great!...No worries...Blessings, Ghostseer
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
ghostseer -
Thank you for another well-written story. I don't know many people who could handle the path your life has taken.

Your story about your sight being affected by a spirit, as well as the posts from others about similar situations, makes me ponder something similar - but different - that my husband experiences.

As background, we are a ghost hunting family. We have two daughters and the younger one, who I've mentioned here before, is quite sensitive. We do paranormal investigations at a haunted asylum in upstate NY to gather more first-hand evidence of the spirit world. The more we go, the more sensitive we are becoming to spirit activity. For me, I can sense them - feelings that I get whethere positive or negative, powerful energy or just there. However, my husband is beginning to see them - color apparitions, gray, white, young, old, even shadow people. There is one long hallway on the 2nd floor east wing where if you sit at one end in the dark, you can sometimes see shadowpeople of all shapes and sizes moving around at the other end. Hubby is particularly sensitive to seeing the shadow people down this hallway, even when most others can't see them. The intriguing part is that he has a mild form of night blindness, and finds it difficult to drive in the dark. It isn't just in that hallway either that he sees the shadow people.

Now that you have told us your story, it makes me more intrigued by his "night vision".

Thanks again for the story and the insight.

Blessed be,
ParaTam
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Once again, you have taken my breath away!

I tuly admire your conviction, strength and courage.

Please continue to share your tales 😁

May you always have the protection and peace you deserve!

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
ghostseer, I completely understand! I've spent a lot of time in Claremont and the spiritual energy is extraordinarily high there. That's probably why you were feeling so drained. I don't know if you've ever had the chance, but have you visited the Claremont botanical garden? There are several friendly spirits there, a few of which are native Americans, and they are very peaceful. They will often walk with you through the garden and point out the wildlife, or whisper the name of a plant or flower to you. It's a wonderfully relaxing place to go if you ever get the chance to visit the city again.

I, too, have experienced what you have mentioned. Occasionally I will be going about my business cleaning the house, reading or just relaxing and my vision will suddenly blur, or I will sort of black out, but it's only my vision. I'm still physically aware of the rest of my sensations. This is almost always accompanied by a soft touch or a whisper and a sudden drop in local temperature. Occasionally, I will get the shakes or feel pressure in my chest, which I usually attribute to the fear of blindness, but it almost feels like a hand pressing down on my heart... Like I can actually feel the indivudal bones in the hand. Usually I will pray to the spirits for protection and speak through my thoughts or verbally to this entity and ask it to communicate with me in a less condescending manner! I really don't like having my eyesight taken. To be sure, I've also checked with my eye doctor to be sure that there's nothing wrong with my eyes that would cause this to happen, and she's told me that my eyes are perfectly healthy.

Anyhow, I hope that you are safe and well! Thank you for sharing your story!

Warmest blessings,

DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
"How does it feel to be in the dark?" Point taken although it was HIS choices in life that made him unwilling to cross. That was a low blow on his part ghostseer!

I've never experienced that but only "blurred vision" which was equally frightening to me.

Have you ever passed outside that house again? Have you had another encounter with him?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Its is hard to not give up I mean This any spirits that some are Evils or angry and Confused anythings that want to to Push you off. That Not good that things always Push you off. You need be strong Ghostseer and Blessing Love and Light and Prayer...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Jmak: Thanks for your comment. Thanks for sharing. Being hit by an entity couldn't have been a good thing, glad you got out of there. Blessings, Ghostseer
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
WOW, you are one brave person. A lot of people would have been in a panic if that had happened to them. I know when I was hit by some sort of entity (see "Spirit or worse") I couldn't wait to leave the floor I was checking to get some place "safe" and I was praying all the way to the ground floor too. I do strongly believe in the power of prayer and I think this story is an excelent example of that. Thank you for sharing this with us. God bless. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: