You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Held Down In Bed?

Real Ghost Stories

Being Held Down In Bed?

 

Last night while I was sleeping over at my boyfriends, something very weird happened.

I was having trouble sleeping, kept waking up from horrible dreams. Then at about 4 am I woke up from another dream in a panic just to find out I couldn't move my arms or my chest. It felt like I was being pushed down into the bed. I started kicking my legs and trying to scream my boyfriend's name that was sleeping beside me, however I couldn't really talk it sounded like a whisper.

Suddenly my boyfriend turned over not yet really awake, at that moment it felt like what ever was holding me and pushing me into the bed released me. I was so terrified I laid there for about a minute just staring up at the ceiling. Suddenly I realized my face was ice cold, I touched my boyfriends face just too see if it was a draft from the window or something, but his face was hot even sweating a little bit.

By then my boyfriend had already fallen back asleep because he wasn't really fully awake in the first place. So I turned over to face the wall.

He has this flashing light in his room from his lap top that was running, and I was watching it flash against the curtain and there was a black shadow going back and forth I was to scared to turn over and see what it was. It could have just been because I was paranoid, I don't no. So I woke up my boyfriend and showed him and he assured me it was just the wind. I told him the whole story and he offered to switch sides with me so we did and nothing else happened that night.

Can someone contact me and tell me what happened that night?

And how I can prevent it from happening again?

Ccherwinsk@hotmail.com

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ccherwinsk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bonshaw75 (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
I am going through this right now with my daughter.

This is Sleep Paralysis.

Your Mind is waking up while your body is still trapped in sleep.

It creates the feeling of being paralyzed. Your mind is stuck in the stage of lucid dreaming so you are still "seeing" the stuff of dreams (or nightmares).

I encourage my daughter to wiggle her toes or fingers or blink her eyes until movement comes back to her body. To breathe slowly and deeply. To repeat a prayer or mantra that is soothing to remind herself that what she is "seeing" is not real.

Struggling to cry out or talk will only panic you more as your vocal chords are usually paralyzed until your sleepy body catches up to your awake mind.

I hope this helps. I know it's terrifying, but there usually is a medical or scientific explanation for SOME supernatural occurrences.

Wishing you peaceful nights sleeps.
laura92 (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
i had the exact thing happen to me, I have read up about sleep paralysis, and it was not the case with me, I could scream and evrything, even woke up my boyfriend last night with my screaming. I was awake as I was trying to fall asleep
UnknownEvil (24 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
i must agree with shaz101 it might be haunted... And also with kimSouth0 it might be also sleep paralysis...
God Bless...,,!
Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Maybe your boyfriends house is haunted. I would suggest looking up the past occurences of the house or asking your boyfriend what he knows about the last tenants. Or maybe KimSouth0 is right about the sleep paralysis.
arias28 (1 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Happend to me a few years ago. My husband and I were relocating to Colorado and we were booked in a hotel in Boulder by the relocation company; Hotel Boulderado. We knew nothing about the hotel. I woke up in the middle of the night and was being held by something standing above my head and holding my shoulders down. It felt like eternity not being able to move, speak or break free to wake up my husband. Finally I "broke" free and woke him up scared to death. He said I was ice cold. He was sweating from the heater in the room.

Long story short... We found out the next morning from the elevator operator (its a really old hotel) that there were three suicides in the hotel room above us. He took us up to the room which is now a linen closet.

Needless to say, I never believed in the paranormal or ghosts until this happened.
shayne4444 (1 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
im a 21 year old from saskatchewan
I have had the same experience happen twice to me. The first time I got "attacked" I was staying a night at my Grandfathers with my pregenant girlfreind and I had a dream, a quick glimce of a women holding me down and I was tryin to wake myself up by calling my girlfreind. And nothing came out but she woke up at the same time and I was able to get out of it. I was scared to death
I told my grampa the next day and told me the story behind the house. Sometime in the 80's a women was killed in the house and evryone of my family that stayed down there told him that they have seen her or felt something down there.
The second time it happened to me it was a week ago at my parents place in a different city but this time it happened TO ME AND MY SISTER, we don't know if it was the same night but it happened last week. We just talked about this today.
THIS IS WHAT SCARED US THE MOST. I had the same glance of something holding me down. But it wasn't a women this time. I remember these big evil slanted eyes and big sharp hands with skinny arms coming towards me. It looked like a demon.
Not only did my sister have an "attack" last week but a couple of days before that. She had a real vivid dream of something small running after me and attacking me and she was trying to help but was to scared. I drew her a scetch of what I seen and it was the exact same thing!
there is no chance in hell that something can appear in the same dream as someone elses. With the same features and everything. I am really intreged and scared about this. I believe it can be a number of things. Only supernatural, I am not the most religious person you well see. But if there is a God or Devil it was some kind of demon.
Im not one of those cooky people mabey it was an abduction? Or an alien experience
Or ghostly spirits contacting me? Who knows.
I want to know if you have also experienced seen the number 11:11 on digital clocks? Every couple of months I seem to be seen this number at a constant rate everyday. I think it is somekind of connection a big puzzle I'm tryin to piece together. If you or anyone else can help add a piece to this add me at spiderz420 [at] hotmail.com
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
I would have to say night terrors combined with sleep paralysis. I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like to me. Are you going through any kind of stressful times? I know stress can be a big factor with this kind of thing. It's like your mind won't shut off and you end up having bad dreams and waking up a lot but thing is your not really totally awake. Ofcourse I could be wrong and your boyfriend has something going on in his room. There are many in here who can help should it turn out to be more than a case of nerves.
dreamshappen (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Well I'm not sure what you've seen but I have the same problem every now and then. What you are experinceing is night terro very common in childern but not in adults as much. From what I have read when you experecne these fellings you will almost always see a figure that best represents what you are afraid of. But what I can tell you is don't be afraid of any of it cause it won't do any good just ignore it for it will pass and nothing bad will ever happen anyways. When or if you have another expernce try to stay calm so you don't hurt nobody. Also what helps me in those situations is to think happy thoughts not hard ones example sun cause it takes dark away or warmth cause it takes cold away or even pleasure if you can but never think about what is actually happening cause it just gets worse and could last a long time during your sleeping hours.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I must say this sounds an awful lot like a case of sleep paralysis.

Have you had any other occurances there? Has your boy friend mentioned any problems?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: