You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Experiences

 

I found this site through Google in search of real life accounts of paranormal experiences because I've been writing a novel about fictional letters from fictional people about their paranormal experiences. I wanted the novel to sound much more real and not fabricated and stale. So far, reading all of your experiences have inspired me and made me want to write more.

But that isn't what I want to discuss. I haven't had many experiences in my life when it comes to the paranormal, but the ones I have had, tend to stick with me forever. I hope that you will believe me, because I've only told one person, which was my mom, who seemed that she didn't believe me.

I hear that having an astral projection happens during times of great stress. But I have never read a story about having one as an infant. Few months after I was born, my grandmother had fallen ill (I've never met her to remember her). I contemplate that during this time, my mother was under great stress. Perhaps the stress traveled from her, to me through her breast milk? I'm not sure, but this experience is my earliest memory.

I remember hovering over my parents' bed (at this time they were together). Funny thing was, was that as an astral projection I was no longer an infant. I could walk and I treaded between my mom and dad from the foot of the bed up. The TV was on and it was casting blue light across all of us. That is when I saw myself, suckling in my red striped overall. Milk was dribbling from the side of my mouth I think my parents were asleep, but I'm not sure.

It couldn't have been my younger sister because we are only 18 months apart and she wasn't born until after my grandmother died. This is all I can remember about the experience. It's plagued me with questions all my life. I still don't understand and I still don't know if it was real or not.

Another experience is a little more recent. I was spending the summer in my dad's house in Arizona (I'm originally from there), and my elder brother, younger sister, and I were all sleeping in the same room. It was perhaps around one or two at night when I was startled to consciousness by the sound of a man screaming in my ear. It sounded like this man was in serious pain, whoever he was and he wanted my attention. It was silent in the room; no one was awake watching TV. I couldn't go to sleep for several minutes until I got myself a cup of water and calmed down.

My dad's side of the family say that his house is haunted because the previous owner died inside it while being mentally ill (don't know if he was insane). No one stays in the living room alone at night, even with our three dogs (two are pit bulls!) to keep them company. The heaviness (even during the day) feels oppressive.

Only my stepmother seemed to be the only other with an experience in the house. Others get feelings. She was doing laundry on her day off when she felt the presence of someone behind her. The laundry room is small and turning around is difficult. She thought it was my dad playing a trick on her to scare her so she said, "------ cut it out." but she then realized that he was at work. She turned around quickly to see a quick white mist dart past right in front of her face.

Can someone explain the astral projection and how should I deal with this (possible) entity in my summer home?

There is one other experience, but I think you've got your mind wrapped around these already. I will post the other later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chocolateliquor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring. To be honest I'm confused becasue well I basically never heard ofd something like this at such a young age. Dont get me wrong I do believe you its just that I don't think I can help you out on this one.Sorry.But it sure was nice to read and you do have a talent. Thanks again for sharring and we are looking forward to reading your stories. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Well this is a first for me with an infant obe. What is really interesting is that you were not an infant in the astral world. I don't know if this was some kind of dream but it does have a ring of truth about it. I don't know what's haunting your summer home but many on this site can tell you how to deal with that. Also when there are a lot of teens in a house weird things can happen. Lots of energy being released. Good luck, keep us posted and much success in your writing career.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Hi chocolateliquor

I enjoyed reading your story and look forward to more of your submissions.

Astral Projection is not something that can be done when your are stressed. To astral project one must be totally relaxed and comfortable and be in a quiet place.

I am wondering whether you had a dream? I believe when a child is born from the minute they are born until the age of 5, they are still living in their past life. Recognizing faces that are familiar from the past and are with them in this life. You may have seen your sister although you say she was not born at that time.

Your living room, I would recommended cleansing / smudging the living room as well as the rest of the house. Ask whatever entity is residing in your home to leave, tell them they are not invited into your home, be strong and show no fear.

Let us know how you get on.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hello chocolateliquor and welcome to the YGS community! I hope you'll enjoy some of the true stories you'll find here.

It sounds like this may have possibly been an astral projection experience, but it may also have been a dream. It's really hard to say, especially because it was so long ago. I do believe that there was some kind of entity hanging around your dad's house though. It could possibly just be a curious spirit, in which case it just wants attention and to be noticed. The best way to deal with it is to speak to it out loud, even if it seems crazy. If it scares you too much, just tell him to leave you alone, or to come back when you've had a bit more time to get comfortable with the idea of being visited by a spirit such as this. I hope this has helped you! Best of luck your writing. I'm writing a fictional novel about an ongoing series of spiritual encounters as well! Hopefully you'll get plenty of inspiration here.

Warmest blessings,

DA
chocolateliquor (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I don't know, that's the problem. The memory has been with me as long as I can remember.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hi Chocolate, welcome!

One question: how old were you when you experienced hovering over your parent's bed?

I didn't know that stress could cause astral projection; what I do know, is that stress from a lactating mom is easily transmitted to her child, not through breat milk, but through the action of holding the child close and sharing an extremely emotional bond.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: