You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Jack Where Are My Keys?

Real Ghost Stories

Jack Where Are My Keys?

 

My family has a history of unusual encounters so I was not surprised when I began experiencing things that were out of the ordinary. As a child, I was more afraid of these encounters and so I closed myself off from those around me. I really became aware of a presence when I was around 14. I would practice my violin in my room and I would feel a distinct presence directly behind me. It was obviously male to me.

This continues to this day although I have not played my violin consistently since I graduated from high school. It makes me feel uncomfortable but I think that is only because they stand very closely behind and I can tell they are intently focused on me.

My mother has mentioned that she has seen her grandfather on occasion and although I never met him I just feel that it is likely him.

Last year my family moved into military housing built in the early 50's. This was an old duplex so any noises I attributed to my neighbors. There was constant electrical interference in the house. Speakers would buzz for no reason and my lights would flicker.

I know this could be explained by old electricity but that was not the only thing I experienced. I would often see shadows out of the corner of my eye and I was always drawn to looking at certain areas of the room.

My son's room was always very uncomfortable. Whoever was there did not like me there. They seemed to will me out of the room. My son had a horrible time falling asleep in that room and would wake up screaming as if he had been scared awake. The spirit didn't intend to harm us, just didn't like us in the room. My cat always acted strangely in that room as well. He was drawn to it unlike any other room in the house.

While I was in the old house I noticed something that I think I've been blocking out for a few years. I have attracted my own trickster ghost. He loves to hide things, like my keys and such. I always thought I was just forgetful (which I can be) but I've noticed that if I ask to have the things I've lost back and wander around a bit more, my things will turn up in a place I could have sworn I've already looked.

I don't know why but the name Jack just seemed to pop into my head. When I know Jack is around I have this sense that he is almost laughing. I never hear anything but I've always been sensitive to emotions, typically with the living. My husband actually thinks it is kind of creepy how empathic I am. I like Jack. He feels like a friend although I've never known anyone named Jack my entire life.

In addition to these experiences I feel strange cold spots.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cemadigan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hi and welcome to this site. Well it sure does sound like you have had some experiences. I do the same thing. Try explaning in any rational way as possible but I hate to say it it doesn't work sometimes. I too believe you have prankster. Maybe a child spirit. Thanks fopr sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Yes, sounds like you have a spirit. I wonder if they get bored and that's why they get annoying with hiding things? Nothing like having to search for car keys when you are ready to go out the door. I know there are times when people actually are looking so hard they just pass over the item they are looking for. My husband is famous for this lol. That being said it does sound like you could have something doing this and you are aware of it and it knows it, so it plays games with you. Asking it to stop may help. If you think his name is Jack try asking him outright to please stop hiding things. They usually comply. My hairdressers had a ghost that kept hiding her husband's tools when working on the second floor of her shop and her husband would get really peeved and yell at it to bring back the tool. He would go downstairs to complain to his wife and when he went back upstairs there the tool would be in plain sight. While annoying they don't seem to be harmful.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Hello and welcome to YGS! Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you indeed have a little prankster following you. "Jack" sounds like a decent spirit though, because he at least gives your things back. I can imagine that would get annoying though!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: