You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Ghost Loves Locking Things

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Loves Locking Things

 

I have some sort of ghost or poltergeist activity going on in my house specifically in my garage. We moved to our new house about a year ago. It's a brand new home so I can't imagine why this is all going on

When we first moved in I got locked in my garage a couple of times. The first was when I went down there to put the newspaper in the recycling bin. When I turned to go back in the house the door was locked. I pounded on the door until my fiancé came down. He had no problem opening the door. We both checked the lock and it was fine. The door also was not sticking at all. At the time I thought nothing of it figuring I must have accidentally locked it going out.

I had a few more occurrences like this before I started to get concerned. I started leaving the door cracked when I went out there and I stopped having a problem with it. Then a few months later I was meeting my mom to go shopping. I was supposed to be driving and wanted straighten up my car before she got to the house.

I went to the garage, left my purse and car keys on the step (inside the garage). I made a point to have my keys right in sight just to be sure since I wasn't leaving the door cracked. About five minutes later I turned around and my car keys are nowhere to be found and the door into the house was locked. I was home alone this time so I know my fiancé wasn't playing a prank on me. Also there was no way anyone could have walked in because all the doors were closed.

Of course being a bit freaked out I decided to wait in my car until my mom got to the house. Right when I was about to grab the handle to the car door it locks. That was the last straw for me and I went tearing out of the garage to wait for my mom in the front yard.

When she finally gets to the house I tell her I accidentally locked myself out and didn't want to mention the whole ordeal in fear she would think I was insane. When my fiancé got home he said my car keys were lying in the middle of the floor in the entry way... There is no way I accidentally left them there. I specifically remember leaving them on the step next to my purse.

I had the same thing happen tonight when I again was cleaning out my car. I was vacuuming and the doors to my car kept locking. I was hoping I was just hitting the button with the vacuum so I stopped what I was doing and waited for a minute. The doors to my car locked and unlocked three times. Luckily this time the door into the house was still open because of the tube for the vacuum.

So here I am on the internet hoping someone can make sense of this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessica31485, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Well it sure does sound like you have a prankster at home. Those spirits tend to be very annoying but they usuallly mean no harm. The next time something like this happens you must tell it to stop. Tell it firmly that you don't like what the spirit is doing. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
yeah...you may want to see if your car locks may have a radio frequency feature, where when a radio frequency is transmitted to another object, from another household, it may extend further than that, and lock your car doors. Otherwise, I would have to agree with the others. You may have a child like ghost... I use to lock my dad out of the house when it was cold, to play, when he would come in through the other door, he would chase me, and tickle me for locking him out, so you may have a ghost who's trying to play. I don't know, but seems like it wants your attention.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Have to agree with the other answers. It's time to tell this entity enough is enough. If it wants your attention there are other ways of getting it without being annoying. If there is no problem with the mechanisms then you may have a bonifide prankster ghost. I have never had that so I don't know what it's like but it has to be unnerving. Friends of mine had a checkbook missing for 3 days and they finally found it where they normally keep it. They know it wasn't there because they ripped apart the desk/bookshelf thinking it dropped behind or inside and it wasn't there. Question is where was it for the 3 days it was missing? They searched high and low for those three days and nada. Guess ghost have a sense of humor too but we don't always see it as such lol.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Does anything like this ever happen to your fiance? I'm with DeviousAngel I have never been locked out by a spirit but I have had many things disappear and turn up in places I have already looked, like devious angel said you need to talk out loud with it, I know it will make you feel a bit silly but it really does work most of the time.

Good luck

Shandi
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Wow...this sounds pretty wild. I don't think it's any kind of defect in either system, since you've both examined it and it seems to be okay. There really seems to be no logical explanation as to why this is happening, so I'm inclined to believe this is a poltergeist or a prankster ghost who wants your attention.

Whether it is or not, I think you should be able to find out. When you leave a door partially open, try speaking out loud and saying "please don't lock this door. I know you're there, and I really don't like being locked out." See if that helps. Sometimes verbalizing with a spirit, if that's what is causing this, will stop the problem. Keep us updated, and welcome to the YGS community! Thank you for sharing your story.

Warmest blessings,

DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Hi that was an interesting story.

I have never personally had any doors locked on me, however I would firstly have a check done on the features on both the car locks and the garage. It may be a mechanism / defect in both. The locks may be self sensing so if a linkage is bent or the lock is worn out it needs to be replaced. If the locks are all ok then I would say you have a ghost who is just messing around with you, in which case you must tell it to stop messing around with your locks and hiding your keys.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: