You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Ghost Santa

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Santa

 

I was out shopping for Christmas Gifts a few years ago, when I saw a man hiding behind a row of trash cans. That is-until I realized I was looking at a Spectral man, and not a living being.

Taking a closer look at the apparition, I was surprised to see his attire. He was projecting himself-dressed in a Santa Suit! It was clear as a bell. The white fur collar and cuffs, were stained and dirty. The red coat and pants-were covered in debris, and heavily stained in the crotch.

Had he urinated where he lay dying?, Ugh!, I thought to myself. So sad he chose to hang onto that memory! I tried to look natural standing next to the row of trash receptacles, pretending to search through my purse. Of course, one eyeball was on the Ghostly Santa, and I tried to figure out if the apparition was planning to get up any time soon. The holiday crowd wandered past me from both directions.

Trying to be patient, I waited, keeping up the ruse of digging through my bag. He picked up my energy, and dragged himself upright. He started to rock back and forth. He was showing me he had been in great pain prior to dying.

Squatting down to ground level, I hoped no one was watching me, because it was about to look like a person talking to herself. Oh well, it coudn't be helped.

The Santa Image faded for a moment, and I saw the man inside the suit. It didn't last long, but I saw enough. A series of pictures were shown me, and it wasn't good.

He was ashamed to give me his name, but he called himself a pitiful example to human kind. This man had lived on the streets, in this way since leaving the military. Enlisting in the army right after High school, he got out when his time was up, and it was here... On the streets of downtown San Diego, where he lived, and he died.

The time in between?...He can't remember much of it. He was deep into booze, and he drank more than he ate. I saw the last six months of his physical existance, and he was sick, more sick than he realized. The intestinal cancer had spread throughout his system, and the only way he could bear it, was to drink even more. His street buddies gave him the bottles, and someone found the old Santa Suit in the nearby Salavation Army.

At least he was warm at night, but the pain kept him up, and toward the end, all the booze in the world couldn't mask the pain, and he gave in to it. On a cold winters eve, the man in the dirty Santa Suit, he passed away. No friends nearby, no family he could remember... He was all alone.

My heart was aching with his loneliness, and I told him I had to go, but I would be back. I vowed to return after dark to help him, and hopefully, there would be less people around.

I didn't want an audience while I sent this Soul on!. I just hoped he would go. Many times, they refuse. Some punish themselves for an eternal period, and I wonder if this what "Hell" truly is?...A place of self loathing, where punishment is dealt by the way we lived, the way we treated others. I don't know, but what I do know?...I wouldn't want to end up like the Soiled Santa Specter.

Looking at the clock, I got in my car, and drove back to the area I saw the Ghost Santa. He was still there, a wavery mist of suffering. He shivered and shook, and gasped. The body rocking had taken on a panicked state... His memory of the pain,frenetic.

I was alarmed at seeing and feeling this. I could tell he was going to relive his death again!.

" Do you know, you don't have to do this any longer... Do you know you can leave here? " I asked him. He glanced at me, and told me to go away.

I tried again, " You can cross over and find peace, don't you want this for yourself? "

He said, " I don't deserve to be anywhere, but... Right here...now, you go away! I can't be helped! "

He faded away, and the last I saw of him, he was still rocking in place. Sometimes, they just won't go, and you can't make them move on- if they don't want to go. My heart just fell. He was lost, and I couldn't do a thing to change the outcome.

I wish I knew what his story was, but you can't drag that out of them... If they don't want to bare that part of the Soul.

Downtown San Diego has a society of homeless men, women and children. They are the unseen, the ones people look past, and ignore. Many die on the streets, and no one seems to care. They are the drug addicted, the alcoholics, the pained ones with broken spirits. Most of them have nowhere to go, and the city gobbles them up in the concrete jungle.

I see the aftermath. The Spectral leftovers, the ones who continue to be punished and abused, because they think, they deserve it. We need to change things, the way LIVING people see each other. Humanity needs to stop Judging others for circumstances that may be beyond their control. Instead of walking past, people need to get involved and find a program where they can help.

Until that day comes, if ever...myself, and those like me, will try to help the self induced carnage of suffering Souls... The throw aways, the invisible, who continue to "hurt" in the afterlife...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-20)
dazram- I know I wish I could go back and undo things I have said and done. That's just apart of maturing like you said.

The important part is that YOU are making amends and that's what I respect.

Keep on keeping on dazram 😁
dazram (16 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
I feel so bad for my stupid comment. I wish I never Said what I did. I said it Back when I was immature to the spirit world. I wonder what happened to ghostseer (Kat Ryan) I hope she hasn't passed away. If so then RIP love. ❤
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
That is so sad. Poor, poor soul! I think I have tears in my eyes. Good on you for trying to help that spirit out. He will hopefully move on in time.

All the best,
-CDubber xx
dazram (16 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
nice story ghostseer. But you do go on a bit. Hearing stories like yours makes me think are these stories real or not. Are these stories just made up by 14 year old kids with pimples as well as 40 year olds with mental problems.Don't get me wrong I would really love to believe you, but I'm finding it hard. Can you tell me why I should. 😕
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Spazz, Thankyou for reading... Suffering carries over sometimes, and if you can't let go in life... Some continue to hurt for an eternity in the afterlife... It IS sad, Blessings, Ghostseer
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
That is a touching story Ghostseer! That poor man... Lost for what seems ever to him. I will too pray for him, that he may find his way and that any of his family will be safe. For even homeless people have families somewhere.

Peace, Spazz
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
AngelFeathers: No, it cannot hurt. Prayer is the strongest form of power we can have (Love, is a close second).Blessings, Ghostseer
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
ghostseer, some Christian denominations (those more closely aligned with Roman Catholicism/Anglicanism) pray for those who are dead, as well as those who are alive. I will remember Ghost Santa tonight in my prayers... (Can't hurt, can it?)

A.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
DixieChick101: Excellent Philosophy! Heres a few more (These are a few of my own):
1) We need to live our lives with dignity and a respectful nature to all things living... And dead.2) Always remember, every path leads to a new adventure. 3) If we are crossing the same path, over and over again, we aren't choosing wisely.
4) Never take anything for granted, it can be taken away at the drop of a coin.
5) Love God, Love yourself. It will make you a happier, more loving person!. These are the biggest blessings you can give to those who choose to Love you.Blessings, Ghostseer
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
This story reminds me. To always seek for peace in life. Peace, is the thing to have in life. ~ Dixie
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
I know that many of you thought you were going to read a warm fuzzy story about Santa!...Sorry bout that. It is an important story to read, because it is "truth". Many of us march thorugh life without thinking about tomorrow. Life needs to be lived with lessons learned. So many regrets are held onto in the after life by some. It is sad, so very sad to see such sorrow. Blessings, ghostseer
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I agree with Tonith... Forgiving others and forgiving yourself is the way to peace. Sometimes the person we forget to forgive the most is ourselves, and that can be the most damning of all.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Oh, man... I actually regret reading this story now, its so sad!
I wish I could have experianced that with you... It would be nice to TRY to befriend it,maybe.
God Bless his poor soul, and yours too.
Merry Christmas!
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Very interesting...I'd say he was doing what HE thought he deserved... He thought it was helping him so you lost him... In his mind he thought he deserved hell and that's all you can get from them.

But I will tell you like Shandi I thought this would be a happy tale... So sad it was not a happy ending for the Santa man

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
ejgavinart: Good for you!, I am so happy about your success. Glad you understand the lesson in the story as it is a reminder to everyone, we have choices...Blessings, Ghostseer
ejgavinart (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hello Ghostseer,
I appologize in advance that this may sound like a public service announcment. When I was in my early to mid twenties I was a heavy drinker and in a relationship that revolved around drinking and the bars. There came a point in time when I woke up to the fact that I was becoming dead and numb inside and that I was in danger of losing myself... Not a good feeling. I broke free from it and moved on in life. The person I was with at that time is still in that same spot, I tried to lift him out of it, but some are just set in their ways. What I find interesting about your story is that it is a story to learn from. The habits and mindset we carry on in life will eventually catch up with us in the end, but its changable if you have the strength to do so! Thankyou for this story!
-Ejgavinart
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
This is such a sad stoy. Its hard for me to understand why they don't want to cross over. Tonith posted something that did cross my mind."self hell".I can't imagine how hell looks like but listening to what you told me... MAybe that is hell. Thanks for sharring and for opening my eyes.Thanks.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
True to so ghostseer that does break everybody's heart when this spirit don't want go to the light. It really is sad.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
dreamergal72: So right, he wouldn't go!...How sad, right?...It hurts my heart when they are so broken, they cannot see any joy in crossing over.Blessings, Ghostseer 😭
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Kurlz: Thanks for commenting!, I appreciate your words. Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hello Ghostseer, Sound like he don't want go to the light and Rather be left alone.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Ghostseer,
As with many of the stories on here, I choose not to read others comments prior to writing, so if I am repetitive in any way, forgive me...

This story about sums up the way we treat (or don't treat) each other, doesn't it?

This man was in the service, for his country and those of us living in this country, and came back ill. The illness of alcohol and drugs caught hold of him.

A lot of society seem to think these diseases are by choice, coming from a family who have lost many members due to out comes of addiction, and almost losing my son (he is still recovering) I can say, they are not a choice.

I will say a prayer for this man to be able to finally move on to peace.

I will say a prayer for them all.

On behalf of myself and many others who appreciatte the time and compassion you extend in your assistance with others passing and finding peace, you have my heartfelt thanks and gratitude.

God Bless!
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad to see there are people out there that will try to help the souls that feel they are destined to be d***ed for an eternity of pain & suffering. God bless you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Fire_Skull14: I agree they get stuck in a self imposed Hell, am not so sure about "level" ranking. Unless we have been on the other side and discussed this in depth with someone over there, I don't understand how "we"...the earthly beings, can come up with a ranking level for Ghostly visitations, rebirth-etc. I understand what it says in the Bible about one birth, one physical life-one chance to do it right or wrong... The rest?...everyone has their own belief system, and what is the truth?...I know what my truth is, and I make no judgement on anyone else for theirs...Blessings, Ghostseer
Fire_Skull14 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
yo, I have the answer to why they don't move on,
They empose this "self-hell" because they can't eccept the experinces they have gone through in there lifes, to move on to the next 'level' they have to learn from there lives and for most this is not possible

Most low level spirits or specters are in the shadow worlds aka 3-1 levels these are the worlds which are very negitive

Levels 5-6 are the high level worlds (where we are heading to after we have achived all that we need to achive on this world)

6=atmourl (comes for the word atmosphere) this is the highest level once you have reached this level you have reached the ultimate being (angels some may call them)

*5=Hamerfal (same as 3 but is the opposite, this level is higher than our world)

*4=our world

*3=zertesh (almost our world, humans can see this level as it is connected to our world)

2=gerison (shadow land)

1=seric (deaped depth for negitive energy)

As I was saying this person who ever he was didn't reach there goal and must stay in between this world and gerison until he figures out how to progress to the next level (5) or he might have to be reborn and get to the goal that way

Hope you have enjoyed reading this 😉
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
jonesblue: Thanks for your thoughts and taking the time to comment. I appreciate reading what people think about my experiences. Life is tough out there, and I see the gritty undercurrents. Makes me a little analytical...Blessings, Ghostseer
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
you are very right about anything...
What I say is thatevery living thing on earth has a purpose. All my friends hate bugs, and what not. So they decide to hurt or kill anything that is smaller, defensless, and weakless than themsleves. How would anyone feel if that was you that was being squished.
Some people have to stand up for themselves and claim what they want. People can change the world.
Sorry for that lecture...
Anyway, great story and I hope to read more of your stories.
Live on, and god bless!
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Shawnxmonkey: It's hard to know why a Soul feels inclined to suffer endlessly. It always breaks my heart when they won't move on, but to answer a couple of your other questions-yes, I believe he had a heavy drinking problem. Most people who drink that heavily are running away from an inner pain, something they don't want to think about. In the end, it was the cancer in his intestines that did him in. How do I know this?, When I look at them, I get images of black... Or a rotting smell in the area where the disease is rampant. Example, Ruptured aorta: I will see a turned heart/blackened, and a throbbing to the right or left of the heart. If it was heart attack, the heart will be upright, but in spasm. It's shown to be in black shadows, etc-etc...sort of like "X marks the spot". Do you understand what I am trying to explain to you?...

I wish I knew why they can't let go, and like this sad Soul, they punish themselves, over and over. Blessings for writing, Ghostseer
shawnxmonkey (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
WOW!
That seems like a lot to deal with.
Did anything else strike you about this man?
It is sad to hear such a story like this. From the picture that you painted for us it seems that he had suffered a lot so why would he want to continue to suffer? I am really intrigued by this one. Did he drink himself to death? Was it an drunken suicide drugs mixed with alcohol?
I wonder what became of this lost soul?
Thanks for sharing!
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Shandi: Thankyou for your comments. I have seen and experienced a lot out there.It's overwhelming at times, but this isn't a gift to be ignored. Blessings, Ghostseer

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: