You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Glass Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Glass Door

 

I've been experiencing really wacky paranormal things for a long time. Since around the time my little sister was born, actually. (Demon child, anyone? Just kidding.) I've heard voices, seen weird shadows out of the corner of my eye, and been subjected to many weird trials of ghostly activity. But I'd never actually seen a ghost. Not until a few years ago, that is.

It must have been a Saturday afternoon, because my entire family was gone on some sort of trip, leaving me alone at home to wait to be picked up by a family friend whom I was to babysit for that evening. While I waited, I sat in a rocking chair in the living room and read a book, just to pass the time.

Now, the rocking chair is situated so that while sitting in it, one can see into the kitchen, and therefore have a plain and entirely unobstructed view of the kitchen door, which has in it a plate of glass about 2 feet wide and 5 feet tall. While I was sitting here, I got the urge to look up from my book for some reason. Most likely to check the time on the clock near the kitchen door, but I really don't remember. Either way, I got much more of an eyeful than I'd bargained for.

There she was. A girl. Walking straight past the kitchen door. No, not walking. Floating? She moved as though she were on a dolly, smoothly and without disrupting her clothing or hair. She moved quickly, but not so quickly that I didn't get a good eyeful of her.

She was thin, pale, and wore some kind of pale white dress. It was rather plain, so I figured it was a summer dress of some sort - sleeveless, made in a kind of light material. Her black hair was straight and very long, and her head hung so that her face was hidden behind her veil of hair. Just seeing her spooked me out, since I was home alone, but what really gave me chills was the fact that with how quickly she was moving, and the setup of the windows in our house, I should've seen her go by the large dining room window a few moments later. But she never appeared. I was terrified for weeks after the episode, and I'm still constantly afraid of seeing her (I've glimpsed her a few other times).

It wasn't until just this year, in fact that I found out that I'm not the only one who's caught a peek of this ghostly girl. My mom told me earlier this year that she constantly sees the girl out of the corner of her eye, walking past both the kitchen door and the window above the kitchen sink, and once in a while has seen her moving outside the living room windows. She also informed me that she got the impression that our visitor was wearing a Victorian-style nightgown rather than a summer dress, but she did agree that it was white, and that the girl looked as I'd described.

So far, we haven't been able to piece together who this girl is, or what she wants. She's never acknowledged our own presence, and has never tried to communicate, although she seems like somewhat of an intelligent being. I don't necessarily get a fuzzy feeling when I think about her, but my mother has never felt any kind of negativity coming from her. But seeing as how the kitchen and living room are situated right next to one another, we think there's something in one of the two rooms that draws this girl in and makes her take the same path around that side of the house. Or maybe she's just a lonely spirit looking for a family to bring her in out of the cold.

Thanks for reading! Questions and comments are very welcome.)

Other hauntings by little_love_lolo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, little_love_lolo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shahzeb (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
maybe your right. If shes not communicating then why don't you try to communicate with her. Have you looked at the history of the house. Maybe she needs something left in that kitchen when she died. Just sayin try looking for it. Ask if shes from the light or dark. Try to welcome her to your family. Who knows you could have a special friend. I noticed that you also wrote mumbling men. You think they killed her something that ties them together. Just sayin.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
A break in the case:

I've just made a fantastic connection to the possible origin of this girl! Just this year, I was told by my parents that the 5-acre area in which our property is situated was once used as a summer-camp of sorts for what I've been told was a Japanese school. In fact, a few old campers even came to see the property a few months ago, which is proof enough for me to believe the 'Japanese camp' story.

The property was also a logging camp at one point in time, and there was a road that ran along the lower end of the area, but something tells me it doesn't have anything to do with the girl. 😉

The Japanese camp could account for the girl's dark hair and summer dress. I'm still not sure why she patrols the perimeter of the house, however. So glad I finally found an origin for her!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Spirits harm people. You really shouldn't say they don't. Just because you haven't ever been harmed by a spirit doesn't mean the just don't.

~LSD~
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
VERY creepy but I have also experianced a "window ghost" if that's what you call it. 😕 😨
lillylove8988 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
I agree that is very weird. I also have had my experiance with window ghost but no need to be afraid they can't harm you. They are just there looking for there lost family.
EdmundKLo (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hi, Did you & your mom check the history for the house you live in.
Check with the police, Library, Or anything with the house history.
The past years of who live there before your family.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Princess: the girl's skin was just pale. Now that you mention it though, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I saw her 'in black and white', since she was so very white. Hmmm. 😕
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Hi, this story is frightening, and I do get the feeling that she is something like the grudge long black hair, did you happen to catch the colour of her skin, or was it just pale? Ok great story.

Princess123 x ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Great but just play it safe. Sometimes things might be far different than what they appear.

Keep us posted if anything else happens.

Thanks little_love_lolo
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
rhodes, I can think of a few things in my house that can be traced back to the 1800's. A piano, for instance, which it nearing its 115 year mark now, and a Victorian-era sofa, chair, and I'm sure a few knick-knacks.

You've got me curious to find out for certain whether or not she's an intelligent entity. I've got the house to myself this weekend, and since she only comes out when one is alone, I might be able to coax her out to come out and talk.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Hmmm, "patrolling the edges of my house"; you have a point there but sometimes it might just be coincidental.

When I said attempt to communicate I meant ask her who she is and if she needs assistance although I understand the hesitation. Believe me I do. But then again if you speak to the spirits in general and even more ask them to leave, I doubt she'll be addressing you for fear you might "hurt" her. Remember she's a young girl, wandering a place unknown to her. If she's an intelligent energy she will need some reassurence before she responds to your call.

By "gifts" I meant a doll, a candy, something that would attract a "little" girl. Do you have any antiques at home-something that dates back to her era, something she could relate to herself... Her home back then?

You might just get her attention that way.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
dreamergal72, I actually hadn't considered the possibility of the girl being connected to something in the house until recently. It hadn't even dawned on me that my parents have collected antiques throughout the years, all of which are scattered about the house. Of course, being that there are literally hundreds of knick-knacks, it would be rather hard to tell which one it could be.

Rhodes68, my reasoning is that it would be much too coincidental if the perimeter (and therefore, wrap-around porch) of the front end of my house was in line with some path she had once taken earlier in time. By all reason, I would expect her to come floating through the walls before I would expect to see her patrolling the edge of my house.

And as for contact, I've never established a conversation with just 'her'. One can frequently hear me telling the multiple 'things' in my house to quit it when I'm home alone, but never have I addressed just the girl alone. I would if the idea didn't spook me out! What kind of gift do you mean? It should have to be something my curious and loves-to-chew dog wouldn't be able to get to...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
That's a very interesting experience you shared with us so thank you.

I take it you have a reason to believe she might be more than residual energy and I was wondering what that might be.

Since the house belonged to your family the possibility of a past resident is out of the guestion which leaves us with two alternatives:she's either drawn to your house for her own reasons or she's related to the land.

I also see you've done research concerning the history of the area. I'm not sure how one must go about in your erea to search for more info but I'm sure other members can help you with a few suggestions.

I'm wondering if you've ever considered any type of communication with her, either by speaking to her or placing some kind of object or a "gift" on the "path" she follows to see if you get a response.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hello,I was thinking about that when I read your story and about what D.A. Say and she right about it and watch movie and stuff on tv make your eyes made play trick on you and of course as D.A. Say about research and How about stuff like Futuire I mean Not spell right but stuff that belong to somebody and bring to house and of course the land/House.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hi, DeviousAngel! A lot of people that I've told about this story have thought of the ghosts from 'The Ring' and 'The Grudge' as well. In fact, a lot of my friends have suggested that watching both movies just made me see things. It would be plausible, if not for the fact that I hadn't even seen either movie when I first saw this teenage spookable. Very weird!

I have indeed inquired as to the history of the property. The house was newly built in the 70's, and bought by my grandparents, who later left it to my dad. Since it came into his possession, it has been remodeled and added onto twice. Years ago, the property itself (we own 2 acres of a 5 acre lot surrounded by trees) was a Boy Scout camp, and before that, was home to a logging camp, with a dirt logging road running the length of it. Before that, I know nothing of the history of this specific part of the island, but it must have been relatively untouched, excepting the Native Americans that inhabited the island. Before it was overrun by yuppies, that is. 😜

I'm not sure how else I could get any more information about the property. Any suggestions, people?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hello little_love_lolo and welcome to YGS! Thank you for sharing your experience. I can't help but think of "The Ring" and "The Grudge" when you describe her black hair veiling her face like that! Very creepy indeed. Since she hasn't acknowledged you, I'm inclined to assume that this is a risidual haunting, and therefore direct contact probably won't happen. Try not to be afraid! It's just like watching a movie, only closer. It's just a replay of events.

Have you done any research on your property? Keep us posted!

Blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: