You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Old Man Choking Me

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man Choking Me

 

At the moment I am 17 years of age, but since quite young age of around 9/10, I have experienced some abnormal things happening in my house. But not to any of my other family members (Mum, Dad, Brother). Just me.

When we were having an extension built I was moved to the spare room, which is directly below the room I am in now. I remember that when I was younger I was falling asleep in bed. I then woke up hearing the sounds of footsteps on pieces of paper I had been using that night. When I looked at the end of my bed, a dark figure walked past the end of my bed and out the door and disappeared. When I told my parents the next day they just thought I was being over imaginative. And I believed this myself.

Other events that have happened are little things such as hearing someone walking up the stairs when it's only been me in the house and things fall off the side. These are things that I have gradually got used to and which never used to bother me. But until one night that changed.

I was in bed on a Sunday night; I had a really busy weekend so I was really tired. As I shut my eyes, after about 5 minutes I could see a man in my head. He was quite an old man, around 60 years old, with grey hair. I could see him from a distance and sometimes a real close up. But I just asked him in my head to go away politely as I was really tired and just wanted to sleep. But I didn't just see him in my head, I saw my Granddad. Who is still alive to this day. I didn't understand why he was there, but again I could just see this man in my head. And he refused to leave.

As I turned onto my back, I was suddenly shot upright with great force. My body was paralyzed and I could only open my eyes at a squint. As if it wasn't me controlling my body, it was someone else.

When I tried to move, I just couldn't. I tried to cry out for help. But as I could hardly breathe, it came out as a groan. I felt as if I was being choked out of my own body. Nothing I could do was going to stop this thing from controlling me. I came more and more scared, frustrated as well that I couldn't do anything to help myself. The feeling I had was that my body was overloading, as if there was more then me inside. As if someone was trying to push me out of my own body, and take over.

I gave one more go at crying out for help, and then I did. It was as if I had pushed whatever if was out of me. And I felt the feeling of freedom and relief, as if I had been allowed out of prison. The feeling was so strange that is the only way I can describe it. I had never experienced something so terrifying. I had never seen the man before; I don't know who he is, where he came from, or what he wanted from me. But I defiantly believe that he was there for a reason and it wasn't a good one.

Please let me know what you think of this, would really like to know your opinions of it, and especially if it has happened to you.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarahX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SarahX (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Thankyou for your comments, but as I said in my story, I was fully aware of what was going on. As I had only just got into bed. We have a family friend who is a medium, and I have been consulting her about this, because ofcourse it frightened me. I didn't tell her what the man looked like... Just what had happened... And a couple of weeks later, she managed to come into contact with the man I saw. She said the name sounds like Albert, or Authur and she described what he looked like, exactly how I saw him in my head. So I think abit of family research is in order. Thankyou for your comments anyway, keep them coming 😁
IseeYou (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
my friend, I know what your talking about. My mom, friend and family friend have had similar experiences, the only dfiference was that they saw the shadow like figure and in my mother's case it was a old man choking her almost as if this thing was draining energy from the body. All you need to do is to put a crucifix or a bible in your bedroom preferably near your bed, if you believe in god that is.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
I'm going to go with BriFischer05 on this one, it sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. You had a lot of thoughts swimming in your head and you were on the verge of sleep, and you were restless. If it was an entity, you'd be able to tell it to go away and it couldn't hurt you.

Warmest blessings,

DA
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
I would have to say that you were entering the dream state and experienced a very frightful experience with sleep paralysis.

God Bless!
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
This may not be the answer you're looking for but from my own personal experiences, it sounds like sleep paralysis. You had a very busy day and by time you went to bed, I'm sure your physical body was very tired but your mind was probably still very much awake - I have found that the combination of the two are a great resipe for sleep paralysis. Lets see what the others think but I'm pretty suer they'll agree. Thanks for sharing and God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: