You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Is Taylor?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Taylor?

 

I am completely baffled by this experience and I would like to see if anyone has any ideas as to what it might be. I've considered the possibility that it may be a residual haunting, but the urgency and the powerful emotions I felt associated to this experience suggest otherwise. My house is fairly new so there really isn't much history I can offer on it (it was built in 2002, I believe.)

I was lying on my bed last night, engrossed in an exciting book (similar to Indiana Jones, but with a female protagonist.) My younger brother was in his room next door to mine and my mom was playing a game on her computer two rooms down from us while she waited for my dad to come home. No one else was in my room, and the door was wide open. I did not have any music playing and the TV was off. My brother's door was shut and he was quiet.

Out of nowhere, my vision goes completely black. That alone was enough to scare the living daylights out of me, but then I see the image of a woman with short blond hair and blue eyes. She was wearing plain clothes... Just jeans and a t-shirt, really. She looked to be in her early twenties. She was very pretty, but I noticed that her hair was disheveled and her skin was dirty. For whatever reason, I had the distinct impression that she'd been involved in some sort of traffic accident. Her demeanor was very urgent, like whatever she was about to say to me was of grave importance.

The only thing she said to me was "you have to warn Taylor. Tell him that the thing he's been afraid of, it's going to happen soon."

Then this vision or whatever it was, faded and left me laying there on the bed with the book still in my hands like nothing ever happened.

And the best part?

I don't know anyone named Taylor. Can someone help me with this? Does anyone know someone named Taylor who has a deep fear that something bad is going to happen to them? I really hope I can figure this out. I feel so bad for that woman. Whoever she was, she really wanted me to warn this "Taylor," I just really have no idea who he is. I'm not under a whole lot of stress and I wasn't asleep at all. Any ideas?

Thank you for reading.

[note from the webmaster: this is an update by the author on 2009-01-21]

I recently spoke with my fiancé about the woman and her plea for me to warn Taylor, and he gave me a queer little grin and said, "I know a Taylor." I asked him who, and he said that his ex-fiancé's current husband's name is Taylor. It's a stretch, but the man is blond-haired guy who seems to be quite close in description to the girl that I saw. Coincidentally, his ex-fiancé noticed him online the other day and struck up conversation with him for the first time since he and I got together. These events seem a little too coincidental, don't you think?

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this.

Other hauntings by DeviousAngel

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeviousAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Here are my two cents... Now, I'm basing this solely on practical knowledge and common sense; this "Taylor" could very well be someone in your near or distant future. The lady could have been a spirit guide, angel, or possibly a mirage of your minds eye coinciding with a sense or message, somehow being imprinted upon you. I don't know if you are "open," or have ever had for-telling experiences, but this could definitely be the case. Either way, I don't think driving yourself mad about locating someone named Taylor, will do you any good. Just how this experience came about, I'm sure it will unfold to resolve itself when time warrants.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Just as an idea, maybe Taylor isn't the person's first name? In which case maybe it's not even a male you are looking for.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
"...until science can rationally explain ALL of it, without really stretching to accomodate the circumstances, there will be instances when at best we can accept that we just don't know..."

Hence the "intrigue";-)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Intrigued- I completely understand where you're coming from. Just because you know you CAN open yourself to it, doesn't mean you're necessarily prepared to accept the result. There are any number of scientific and natural explanations for many of the things we posters here deem "paranormal"--but until science can rationally explain ALL of it, without really stretching to accomodate the circumstances, there will be instances when at best we can accept that we just don't know. I think that's where I'm at, anyway. 😊 Thanks for your interest and your comment.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
DA - This comment caught my eye:

"It's amazing what you can see when you really open yourself to what's going on around you. I think everyone is capable of that, if they are open-minded.
"

I've always believed myself to be open minded in these things as I simply cannot explain some things and cannot disregard them.

However, after absorbing that comment I think the sceptic in me outweighs my ability to have a fully open mind. I think you are correct in your assertion though, the more "open" you can be, the more you "see".
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
Thank you aussie. 😊 I've had a couple of similar incidents since, not particularly dealing with a person or spiritual entity telling me about something that will happen, but just through dreams and little "signs" throughout the day. It's amazing what you can see when you really open yourself to what's going on around you. I think everyone is capable of that, if they are open-minded.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-28)
DA,I'm convinced from my own experiences that not only do the living have premonitions, but those watching over us in the spirit world, can also see ahead in time. Perhaps way ahead, this experience for you was no accident, taylor could be your partners ex- hubby or perhaps taylor may have already read this story? It is why in my own stories I sometimes send a message cause you just don't know who is reading and how it can affect them. Just a gut feeling you do seem to have a gift thank you for your story.
Aussie
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you for reading my story, Adys. Additionally, my fiance told me that Taylor had been in a car accident not too long ago.

Blessings,
DA
AdysAngel (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Oh wow this story is a bit creepy; & thank you for updating us, & good luck with everything.
God Bless.
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Oh, wow. You have a vision from the dead and you don't have any leads you need in order to help them. That really blows.

But maybe that Taylor will come across your path soon. Keep in mind that this person could be related to the woman in your vision -- if you're lucky, maybe Taylor's an identical twin or something!

You might sound like a nut, but if any Taylor comes around, you can try asking them if they knew a woman who died in a car accident... Or you could ask them if they knew a woman fitting your description.

Another idea is that you can look up any car accidents that happened nearby. Not sure that'll help, but you never know what you can find. I'd say going to the police station, but I don't know what they'd do. XD

I hope it all gets figured out soon.

G'luck!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Rook,

This took place just one day before I posted it, so about the 9th of this month, at about 7-7:30PM. That's a pretty rough estimate because I had been reading for almost four hours. I had picked up my book to read at about 4:00PM, which is pretty much right when I get home from work.

I've racked my brains but I can't think of anyone that I know named Taylor. My eyes are still wide open just in case serendipity throws him across my path... And I almost can't help but feel that I somehow should know the woman that I saw, but I can't place her from anywhere. It's driving me nuts! I know all of my close friends' siblings and she doesn't look like any of them. The only thing I can think of is maybe someone I've met online or in passing... Or maybe she just chose the wrong person. I don't want to take that route, but I don't know what else to do.

Blessings,
DA
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
DA,

I see what you mean by frustrating. Could you give me the exact (or closest guess) as to the exact time and date that this happened. There has to be some connection, unless you just happened to be in the right state of mind to 'intercept' or 'overhear' a message ment for someone else. (which while possible is remote)

Here is another thought, could this be someones older sister (relation) trying to warn someone of doing the same or something just as 'bad' as they did? (ie: sister was much older and for whatever reason was killed in a car crash) Now Taylor who has been worried about that 'thing' (that 'thing' being a car wreck, just like his older sister/cousin whatever) is old enough to drive. (I hope that makes some sort of sense.)

If you were 'open' then she chose you to try and warn Taylor that the same, or something close to it, is going to happen to him. I wonder if it has something to do with New Years Eve...

Anyway I'm rambling on and on, sorry. I do hope you can follow my train of thought.

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Rook, thanks for checking up on me. I've had a frustratingly low amount of success with this. The only thing within the remote spectrum of possibility that I've seen since this event was a new member joining named Tyler who mentioned he had a sister.:\ I thought about emailing him, but I don't want to start sending people into a panic for no good reason. I haven't gotten around to drawing that girl yet but I can email it to you once I get it done. I'm not so good at realism, mind you... But I'll do my best. I haven't met anyone or come across anyone one else named Taylor. The only one I can think of is the son of one of my dad's friends. He's probably about 8 years old now, and the only blond females he has in his life are his young aunts. This woman looked nothing like any of them.

Here's hoping for better results soon...

Blessings,
DA
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Hey DA, any luck on the research into this one? I'd really love to know if you have been able to find out anything...

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Maybe you can ask for a description of Taylor if you see her again.

Keep your eyes open for signs of Taylor

Good luck! ❤
dreamshappen (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
sometimes you can black out when your sleeping. It happens all the time with me usually happens in a half hour to an hour but what you seen is just out of the ordinary. If it scared you you probally half alseep and still a little bit awake and your thoughts can let you see what you were thinking. Other than that if it happens again please share it might be the same thing or differnt in most cases. All I know was it was a dream and dreams can scare you.
dreamshappen (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
hi there devious if you would like to hear that sound evp from my mp3 just respond and ill see what I can do you tube won't work with me
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
rook--thank you, and I plan to do just that. I'm going to go back and read up and see what I can find.

Dante--haha, thanks for the laugh.:P

JamesRobiscoe--I will definitely get to drawing that woman. She had very distinctive features that I can only describe as somewhat similar to Reese Witherspoon (the actress.) Straight blond hair, but short. Her eyes were light blue and she had a cut on her left side bottom lip. Her expression was really frantic...I'm not sure how else to describe her in words but I'll see what I can do about drawing her.

FRAWIN--I think your theory may be possible too. It's possible that the message wasn't meant for me at all, but perhaps my brother or one of my parents, or someone else entirely.

ChrisB--I agree that it's a possibility that I may have to accept. I'm going to take rook's advice and look up in obituaries before I throw in the towel.

Thank you all for your comments and advice!

Warmest blessings,

DA
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Hi Lynn and thank you for sharring this story with us. Either you were daydreaming (which you werent) or a spirit made contact with you. I believe that a spirit made contact with you. I realy don't know if you can help Taylor since the chances of finding him are nill. But I read some of the comments here and I think Frawin gave a good explanation. I have heard of many stories that spirits make contact with the "wrong" person. Maybe this is the case. The spirit might have mistaken you for somone elese. Maybe you look like someone she knew or that one of her frineds live close to you. I think Frawins guess is the best one. Thanks for sharring and I hope your not disappointed but I realy do believe that there is nothing you can do. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Hello DeviousAngel. How many times have we answered the telephone and it be a wrong number or be talking to someone on the phone and have another person's conversation "bleed" over onto our line? Maybe, just maybe this is what happened. In her haste to get the message out she got you a "wrong number" or she was talking to someone else and you just happened to pick it up-like a bleed-over on a phone line. Just a thought. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
DeviousAngel--I read your story just now and formed my "take" on it, then began reading the posts from the bottom up. All good responses, but when I got to Rookdygin, he wrote what my response would be: check the papers for stories, obits, etc.,; maybe there will be a photo. Also, try making a drawing of the woman from memory before your mind syarts changing it. If she knows you are making an attempt to warn Taylor (whom you may yet meet), she may give you more information... Enigmas wrapped in riddles.
Dantes (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Hi. I read your story when I was looking on different unexplained things and after a few minutes after reading it I searched another unexplained things and I saw a video on youtube that was involving someone name Taylor I thought you should know about it here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibFwM5GDnA
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
DA,

Have you 'asked' for a desription of 'Taylor' from the lady who appered that night? She may not have the energy to appear again, but she could have the energy to 'place' a picture, address... Something in your minds eye that would help you find Taylor.

I get the impression that's it's a brother or close cousin the same (ish) age as the lady whom you saw.

Please keep us updated...

Just another thought, check the news reports from that night, you said it appeared she'd been in a traffic accident... Purhaps she 'passed' due to this wreck and is trying to pass a warning from the other side to a brother or close cousin...

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
libertybelle, I will definitely take your comment into consideration too. I'm actually inclined to believe that you might be on to something there. This woman looked really young... And I would recognize her face if I saw it again. I don't have anything else to work with but her image and the name Taylor, with the exception that she looks like someone who has either recently passed on or was astrally projecting herself. Her image was VERY clear, and her clothes were something I would wear.

Thank you for your comment! I'll keep you all posted if anything changes.

Warmest blessings,

DA
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wish I could help you in some cncrete way, DA, but on reading your story I focused, for some reason, on the woman--I just get the feeling that Taylor is her son, or perhaps a nephew who was as close to her as a son.

I'll be the first to admit that I might be totally off base, but I just felt as if I had to tell you this.

Most of the time I'm very skeptical of these feelings when they come to me--I'm not psychic! 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Thank you rhodes, for your insight on this matter. Everyone's comments here are greatly appreciated. I'm definitely keeping my eyes and ears open in case I meet someone who fits this profile.

I'm a little hypersensitive right now because of this experience, and ever since I sent it in the other day, things have been really strange. I keep seeing little sparks of light--not quite orbs, but just little lights, no bigger than a bottlecap--darting around the house. Some are yellowish-white, some are blue, and I even saw a few shadowy ones. The cats are chasing them too, and our two boy cats, who are usually quite lazy and docile, are very agitated. Last night I watched them darting up and down the stairs several times, and the oldest boy came into my room (he's VERY shy and reclusive from people most of the time), jump up in my lap, nuzzle my hand, begin crying, and then run over to my bed where he laid down and refused to move. I went over and pet him for a little while and he just looked at me like he was confused. While I was sitting at the computer, I caught a shape that looked like a person standing in my doorway, appx. 6ft tall and leaning against the frame in a slightly slouched position, but as soon as I turned my head it disappeared. I glanced over at my cat to see if he had seen it too, and sure enough, he was staring at the exact same spot I'd just looked. His eyes were wide like he was either suprised or really focused, and his ears were pricked up.

I don't know what all of this means... Maybe there's some activity going on in the house? I know I had some really odd dreams last night too, and I rarely ever remember my dreams these days. I woke up at 2:00 a.m. On the dot feeling nervous and alert.

I'll keep you guys posted as to what, if anything, changes.

Warmest blessings,

DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
That IS a very strange and disturbing experience DA. It's disturbing because as you say it is meant for someone you don't yet know.

I'd be a little patient if I were you. Although I agree with Kim that you were able to receive the message because you were "open" at that moment, I cannot exclude the possibility that this message might come handy in the near future.

Ask any friends you have to see if there's a Taylor you should pass the warning to and be more "observant" when it comes to people you meet these days. Ask them their names (or middle names-if you catch me).

Please keep us posted.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Very weird! I know a guy named Taylor Schneider who was recently in a traffic accident but he did survive and he once told me that he was scared of cars. Weird.
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
this is a bit scary because the person Kim described is the exact feature of my friend Taylor. But could it be him? I don't know
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
KimSouth0, thank you very much for your reply. Surprisingly enough, I didn't really get a picture of this person, so I'm impressed with the image you described. It still doesn't sound like anyone familiar to me, but if I do come across someone like that, I think I'll be more aware of it. I also think that it's possible I'll never know...still, I wish there was something I could do. 😢

Warmest blessings,

DA

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: