You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Patricia Lawrence

Real Ghost Stories

Patricia Lawrence

 

On my first minor ghost hunt with my 21 year old brother, we investigated the home of an asylum patient whom committed suicide.

Before he sent himself to the madhouse, he reported that he had seen the shadow of a lady, watching him through the doorway of the master bedchamber, every night. He had hired mediums to help him out and find the spirit to whom this shadow belonged to. They reported back to him that there was a spirit in his home, but not of a human.

He had gotten so tired of hearing so many different explanations from hired mediums that he finally sent himself off to the madhouse. Eventually committing suicide.

3 years later was our investigation.

It all began in the bathroom of this man's apartment. I was just staring in the mirror because a sad feeling had all of the sudden come over me. I was all alone, just staring deep into the mirror, while the rest of the crew exorcised the master bedchamber.

Then I heard something in the closet across the hallway. So I looked over and saw the closet door open all of the sudden. I shut the door and turned back to the bathroom. Then I saw it...

A woman's shadow.

"What are you doing in this home?" I asked it, absentmindedly. "I have nowhere else to go." It seemed to say. Then after a blink, it was gone.

Right after, I went to our base and just watched the exorcism on the screen.

It was only the next day that I realized what had happened the day before and how weird it was. I also realized that the shadow of the woman was missing an arm. It was weird because usually, somebody wouldn't just forget about something like that. But I told my brother about it. And he said that it is normally the case that you're totally out of it when you talk to a spirit.

The crew began their exorcisms in the bathroom after hearing what had happened. Since I had nothing to do, my brother asked me to research on the apartment's history.

After websites, and websites, I finally found this news article:

"Patricia Lawrence: 1909-1960

Served as a nurse in WorldWarll. In 1944, her arm was blown off by a land mine. Lived 16 years after losing her arm.

We will all miss Beloved Patricia Lawrence"

I knew right at that moment, that I had seen her in the bathroom the day before. The shadow I saw was missing an arm, just as Patricia would have.

I ran right into the exorcism (and got yelled at by the crew while I was at it) and I told them that they didn't need that exorcism. I told them to watch in the base, at the bathroom screen. With tons of arguing against my idea, my older brother finally made the rest of the crew do as I said. He told me to be careful. I promised I would.

A couple minutes later, I stood in the bathroom, trying to repeat what I had done before.

Sure enough, I saw Patricia in the same shadow form. "Patricia, I know of a place for you to go." I said to the shadow. She stood silent for a moment. "No, nobody cares about me. I must stay here." She finally answered.

"Patricia," I began," You are dead now, and the father in heaven has a place for you. He has been waiting for 47 years. And he still is waiting for you. You can Cross over to the light now."

Patricia's shadow turned her head to the window behind them self, and stared for a minute."

The sad feeling of the house had just barely started melting away, when Patricia said," Thank you." She still turned to the window. She vanished right before my eyes.

The crew and my brother came running down the hall to me. Praising me, and hugging me. But all I remember thinking about was Patricia, and how happy she must have been in heaven.

Other hauntings by ConniHowards

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ConniHowards, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
good story:) I'm glad you got to help someone cross... I too would like to read this artical about her... Could you post a link?

~Tora~
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
I realize this was just a cursory attempt, but I could find nothing on the net about Patricia Lawrence outside of this story. You said you found out about her on the web... Would you post the URL you found please?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
WOW. YOU were in a house while it was being exorcised, and there was no issue about you NOT being with those that were performing the exorcism? That is interesting. OF ALL the exorcisms that I have heard of, read and researched, I do believe YOURS is the first story that pointed to that possibility. USUALLY they do not want people wandering around as they want to make sure they know what every sound, every feeling, every THING is contained to one room. If it is spread throughout the house, or even between two rooms, it makes it a bit more difficult. Very interesting.
As you state a few times that the Shadow was Patricia (the largest indicator being that the shadow was missing an arm). I would take that to mean that she was more of an outline than a shadow. Is that a true thought? I mean about the "shadow" being more of an "outline".
The middle of this story line kind of threw me, and I am wondering if you could please clear things up a bit for me (I can be a bit slow at times 😊). Starting with the paragraph starting "It was only the next day..." and ending with "I knew right at that moment..."
THAT was all the NEXT day, right?
The reason I am asking is, three paragraphs later (back to the exorcism day) you knew her name.
How is that?

Do you think that this MAY have been the ghost of the actress Patricia Lawrence? I am guessing not, as all the biographical sites that I found state that SHE was born on November 19, in 1925 (Andover, England) and that she passed on March 7, 1993 (Chelsea, England) <shrug> but that is just what I found. I did not find the article that you quoted in this story.
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi are you sure she have no arm and also her name is patricia Lawrenece I been look for her on website but I don't see all I seen that she is a actress and yes from UK.
ConniHowards (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I am sorry to say that I didn't take note of this website that I found the arcticle. 😢 But I can tell you that a happy little family, with two small children and one on the way, live there now.

I actually started "ghost hunting" as an 11 year old. There was a house, with an unsettled spirit, extremely close to my own home. I encountered a spirit then, and have had many expiriences with spirits since then.

Thanks for reading about my encounter. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
It's a shame that a man went insane because he didn't know what was happening in his apartment. While he got mediums to help solve it it seems like they were ignorant about really being able to help him. You did the right thing by sending her to the Light. Doesn't sound like his spirit is there so at least he found his way to the Light and now Patricia with your help has too. You are very brave by the way. Most would have not reacted so professionally. You sound like you will make one heck of investigator which to me requires nerves of steel along with sensitivity. Kudos
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
So sad this person ended up in an asylum and commited suicide!,... 😭, to bad none of the mediums were able to help them both 😢 thanks for sharing your story
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Where is this house? What city? I would like to read the posting regarding Patricia Lawrence.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: