You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary New Beginnings

Real Ghost Stories

Scary New Beginnings

 

When I was first married, I couldn't wait to move into our first house. It was a two story with three bedrooms upstairs and an enclosed side porch. It sat close to the highway and it took a while to get used to all the traffic, but in time that was the least of my worries.

The first time I felt like I was being watched happened late at night as I lay on the couch reading a book waiting for my husband to come home from work. We didn't have kids then, so the house was quiet. The living room had an open stairway, which I was facing. It was around two in the morning when I sensed a chill and scanned the room as I felt eyes looking at me. No one was there. I even got up and walked around the downstairs - no one.

I lay back down and started to read again. Once again, I felt this uncomfortable feeling. But just thought it was me feeling weird being in a strange house. I knew the house had been there for many years and that many people had lived there before me. What I didn't know was that a woman had died in the house.

This continued for quite some time. I even asked my husband if he ever noticed anything or heard something strange. But he said, no, he didn't believe in that stuff. Well, I knew it couldn't be my imagination. Then one day while in the basement washing clothes, I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up and felt a warmth, as if someone was almost touching me, but when I whirled around, nothing was there.

I looked all over the basement; there were two other rooms down there - nothing. I felt foolish but as these occurrences increased I couldn't help wondering who or what was doing this to me. One night I was running the sweeper on the stairs leading to the bedrooms. It felt like a body so close to my back I could feel the heat off it. Annoyed, I looked over my shoulder, ready to scream; thinking my husband had sneaked into the house and wanted to scare me... Nothing was there. I shut off the sweeper and took it up to the landing. What was going on? I couldn't even clean my house in peace.

I never really saw anything, but after awhile I grew weary of it. I asked around about the people who had lived in the house before me, but no one seemed to think their spirits would try to bother me or anyone else, for that matter. I tried to ignore whoever it was, but that didn't really work. Then when I learned I was pregnant with my daughter, things really started to get intense. There were sounds and footsteps and a feeling of excitement in the air. Did this spirit like the thought of a baby in the house? My next story will pick up where this one leaves off.

Other hauntings by BYLUYSTER

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BYLUYSTER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
That sounds scary. I really thing it could be a magnetic field giving you the watched feeling. If you watch ghost hunters then you'll see they can debunk stuff like that. Just see if it happens every time you sit on the couch then you'll know wheather it's paranormal or not.Don't take offence, just tring to help.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hi, ChrisB, glad you liked my story. I haven't been on for a while. Our family has suffered two deaths recently and I'm still feeling the loss. My best friend from high school called me on a Friday and died on the next Tues. I will cherish her call always.

I hope to get on with the rest of my story soon. Thanks for your wise imput.

God Bless.
Byluyster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi and thank you for sharring this interesting story with us. It is said when someone is pregnat then they often can "pick up" on sounds and smells. This also may cause the spirits activity be more seen. I realy don't know why its like this but it mighty have to do with the energy. I realy did like this story and I hope I read the second part soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Hi Tammy, I will continue my story in the near future--been busy with the holiday coming. But thanks for the interest. Yes, I must admit you are very special, indeed. 😊

God Bless.
Byluyster ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Am I psychic? I'll let you decide on that as I'm not sure what to call myself. I've had my share of experiences and I have seen and heard things. Simple as that 😊

I'm looking forward to your next submission!

Tammy ❤
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
rhodes68-are you psychic? 😊 Yes, I definitely felt "excitement in the air" but it was not always welcomed.

Ghosteer-That's why I kept thinking someone was behind me...I'd only heard that ghosts bring cold, so imagine my surprise.

ParaTam-do you count annoyance as negative? Because after a while that's what happened a lot. I wasn't sure in the beginning just who or what intentions this spirit had... Thus the scary part.

Faerielike-glad someone else went through this, too. Now I know it wasn't just a figment of my imagination.

Thanks for your comments... I will be continuing my story very soon. God Bless.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Interesting story! I can't wait to hear the rest of it. I experienced similar things last year when I was pregnant with my first. Ghosts are, usually, people, and can get excited about such things too. 😊
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
BYLUYSTER:
Thank you for sharing your story with us. "Your Ghost Stories" is a great place to share feelings of the paranormal, whether you are comforable with them or not. You will find the moderators and posters here come from a myriad of experiences, education and faiths, and post some very helpful/useful responses. I have a lot of respect for them.

From my experiences... Even though you felt uneasy about the feelings of being watched, that doesn't mean any spirit/entity that may have been in that house was negative. Sometimes intelligent spirits (as opposed to residual) are just being playful or just plain trying to get your attention so they know that you know they are there, that they exist. Sometimes, once you acknowledge their existance, they move on. If you continue to be uncomfortable, speak to them and let them know you know they are their. If your feelings are too uncomfortable, ask them to leave. You may even find you can co-exist and learn from the experience.

Just because someone died in your house doesn't mean that spirit is negative and your experiences will be negative. If s/he is tied to the house due to that event, s/he may still be a kind spirit. I hope your baby's birth brought out a "care giver" spirit who helps watch over your little one from the other side.

I can't wait to hear more!

Blessed be!
ParaTam
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
What intrigues me about this experience?, your description of warmth at your back, etc. I have never known an entity to provide warm energy, considering they usually pull from us OUR energy, thereby creating a drop in temperature in the room. I have never felt warmth during a haunting, but there is always a first. Glad you moved, and so happy you aren't having an ongoing eruption of paranormal activity. Enjoyed reading your story. Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Byluyster welcome back with another one of your intriguing stories!

I was kind of expecting you to say there was "excitement in the air" as soon as your pregnancy was evident as the feeling I got from your descriptions was not about a "scary haunting". On the contrary the spirit sounds as if, having observed you for a while, it kind of "connected" to you. You felt her there "keeping an eye on you" while waiting for your husband to come home from work and in time this "connection" grew stronger as she followed you around while you were busy with housework.

It sounds more like a peaceful energy to me one who would become "protective" and "attentive" towards a pregnant woman... I hope I'm not completely wrong in my estimation here...
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Posters, thank you for your comments, I appreciate your input. I can assure you after you hear the rest of my story, you will have a clearer understanding. We moved from that house in 1984 and I have not experienced anything like that here. For that I am thankful. But for those of you how have had these unnerving feelings, not much fun, huh? 😕
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
It is hard to say whether this is potentially paranormal or not at this point. It could be new house jitters or as DeviousAngel stated, "Paranoia." I am looking forward to the additional information in the stories to follow.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
This started before you were pregnant so I don't know if the pregnancy is the reason for more activity. It may have intensified whether you were pregnant or not being that the house could be haunted. There is theory as to why some people are haunted and why some places are haunted. Do you still live in the same house? Or did you move and it all stopped?
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Well, I can't wait to find out what happens next. I hope you find a way to live with these strange feelings.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Oops, and I realize I misspelled your name...BYLUYSTER, even. 😆 Sorry about that! Just about anyone here can attest to how dingy I am.

Warmest blessings,

DA
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Hello BYLUSTER. It sounds to me like this could be anything, really--medical, hormonal, stress-enduced, or spiritual. I'm not really sure if I can make a decision based on that. Just because someone died in the house doesn't necessarily mean that their spirit remained there. When I start getting strange feelings like this, the first thing I do (which I've learned since my Paranoia Or Paranormal story) is speak out loud and say "please stop that." Even if it isn't a spirit, sometimes just saying it forces you to calm yourself down and gives you something to focus on.

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your story!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: