You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: All In Perception

Real Ghost Stories

All In Perception

 

A friend had asked me for a few recounts of Ouija board experiences, and that got me thinking on "perspective". To ME, THIS was a "good" Ouija experience.

I was working with my mentor to find someone. She had a firm knowledge of the board, and had been working with one for over twenty years at the time. She is not a psychic, or a medium, just someone who is considered a "healer". She had been approached by a man who claimed that his daughter had been abducted. He went to the police, but as he did not witness anyone taking her, and the time between her disappearance and the time of the report was not long enough to start a search, their hands were "tied" for helping. They did promise to put her description though, and when the 48 hours was up, the Father was to go back and try to fill out another report if she did not return home.

He was scared, frustrated, rude and devastated about his "little girl" (19). The session seemed to point to a young man who picked her up from her dorm room, and took her SOMEPLACE. It was clear that she went willingly, and even with a bit of anticipation. She was excited. Sounded like a "date".

My mentor was so "good" that she could get a whole story out, just by patiently asking, rewording and then re-asking the same questions, until whoever she was talking to understood exactly what she needed. She has a no nonsense kind of personality, and it really showed through in the board. She made it CLEAR that this was NOT a game, and we needed answers.

Somewhere near the end of the communication, we started smelling lilacs (the "scent of spirits") and hearing soft strains of music. I do not recall the "type" of music, but when I was younger we called this elevator music, I have no clue what they call it now.

THIS particular time I started to feel nauseous, and really light headed. I tried working out the kinks in my neck as she continued, and rubbed my shoulder up against my own right cheek. I started acting out of character, and almost as if I was a flamboyantly flirtatious, YOUNG, coy, dimple cheeked kid. When I smiled, it was not in the manner in which I normally did, it was as if I was trying to make the dimples more pronounced, and the smile was bigger.

With our hands still on the planchette, my mentor started asking ME questions. Where was I? What was going on? Who was I with...

I answered them.

Good thing, too. The young lady HAD been picked up for a date. She was to go to one of the local college hangouts, have dinner and a few drinks, head on out to a movie and then back home. To HER dorm.

That is NOT what happened. When they were at the hangout, her new found friend slipped a pill in her drink. She was drinking a non-alcoholic beverage, but it had carbonation in it, so she never noticed. After drinking it, there seemed to be no ill effect, so when she slipped into the bathroom to freshen up, he slipped in another one in the second drink. She was walking a bit differently when she returned to the table, but apparently her new friend thought it was because she had to weave around the people, tables and the bar. Either that, or he simply did not care, he HAD slipped her a second pill.

When they left the hangout and got into her car, she was "drunk" and he laughed with his buddies that he better get her home before her Mama found out. They all wished them a safe night, as she leaned over in the drivers seat and passed out. She made it back to her dorm room the NEXT night. She was bruised, battered, "broken" and needing medical assistance, but would not go, as she blamed herself. SHE had accepted this date from the "most handsome guy on the basketball team", she had chased HIM, SHE had picked out what they would do that night etc, etc.

Really sad.

OH! The GOOD part, right?

When the Father had heard all the answers I was giving to my mentors questions (I gave specifics. The NAME of the hangout, the boy's name, his car, ALL through HER questionings), he went on a man hunt. He found the boy. His car was destroyed, he was kicked off the team, expelled from the college, and spent fifteen years in prison for aggravated date rape.

SHE did not have to say a word. The BOY was so scared of the Father that when the Father went to the police, and they knocked on the boys door and the boy saw the Dad there, he immediately started telling the police what the Father had done to HIM. Oh, WAH, so he beat up the sports car, I thought that was what ball bats were for... He was so agitated that the Dad did this, he never thought to ask him who he was. When the argument ensued about him smashing up the car, it all came out, and essentially the boy confessed. Though he did not mean to.

I was not there for the confrontation. I was only in that little room with my mentor. I felt guilty for a LONG time that we could not stop the rape, and the drugging of this young lady, but we were only brought in AFTER the fact. It took me forever, it seemed, to come to terms with that.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
I cannot say thank you enough to you! You know that you are more than welcome to contact me at any time. I hope that you will never feel as if you are imposing on me. You have helped me to realize that everything happens for a reason, even though we may not understand it at the time. I am saddened to hear that you and your family have been going through so much turmoil here within the past few months! I wish that there was something that I could say or do that would make everything fall into place for you. I am glad that you chose to come back to this site, as well. YOU are the reason that I chose to post the stories that I did! I guess that everyone is looking for answers and hopefully together we can all lend each other a hand. I am glad to be back and I am glad that I chose your story to come back to. I wish blessings and peace upon you and all of your loved ones!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Welcome back, Bette. I really missed you. Honestly. In fact, there were a few times in which I started to post you an e-mail and for some reason, I just never did. I think I just did not want to impose.
Thank you for your kind words. It is amazing that you should choose this story to come back to, as this is also the story that I said Goodbye to everyone on.
I would love to be able to tell everyone what turned me back around (**thank you all for your e-mails, too, people!) and brought me back, just a few short months later, but I still am working through some of the personal aspects of all of it.
I, too, believe that in coming back, I began to heal parts of myself that were in need of it. And I thank you, and everyone else who have allowed me this time to KNOW that where I am, right now, IN LIFE is where Creator wants me.
Wa-do.
Welcome home, Hun.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Whitebuffalo-what an amazing story! I have not read any other comments so if I am repeating what someone else has written, I am sorry. What a wonderful thing that you and your mentor did for not only the father, but also his daughter! Although I am sorry that the daughter had to go through that ordeal, I am glad that things did not end up worse for her. There are so many young women who have met similar and even worse fates. You are a true blessing to so many people! Your wisdom and encouragement to not only me but also to countless others is uncomprehendable.

I have distanced myself from this site for a while now because of all of the negative comments that some were making. With doing that, I have only hurt myself. I am glad that I chose to come on here today and having read your story, now I remember why I joined this site in the first place. Thank you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Thank you all for your kind words.
I honestly had no intentions of coming back here. None at all.
But right after posting that final comment, I received e-mail after e-mail concerning, well, Me. Friends and colleagues also received numerous e-mail. Not to mention the fact that my di-de- (lo) -qua-s-gi came on site.
So, for now, I am here. No telling what tomorrow will bring.
Wa-do.
Searching (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Whitebuffalo, why are you leaving? I e-mailed you for some help, and it really worked. I had many people try before, but only yours helped. Most of us out here can't find someone that we can tell everything to, and they won't think we are crazy. I told you everything even when I thought you would, but you just asked a few questions and went on with getting rid of the bad stuff. I had to make an account to post because I have been reading here for awhile, but never came on here. I don't make comments because I am not smart enough about these things. If there is something that can be done to keep you here, can we try?
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Wa-do Autumn for all your stories and the time you've spent helping people on this site. My best to you on your journey. Osa
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
W.B.: I'm sitting here ready to cry... I can't imagine this site without you, if that is indeed your intention... If that's the case, then I wish you many blessings and even fewer tears... And I hope the answers that you're searching for come swiftly, because no one deserves peace of mind more than you... Good Luck and God bless you and your family ๐Ÿ˜ญ...I don't know if you'll be back to read this but if you do, know that you can e-mail me at any time, even if it's just to be rude! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
My final comment comes to you all on this story as I feel the title is the most appropriate.
Maybe I am just getting too old to fight through another round of "my story is better than your story" otherwise known as "one-uppance".
I came here looking for answers and got a fight. I stuck with it, though, because I had a REASON to fight. I had to have the answers for my children, and for THEM, I would stop at nothing. It has been a lesson in patience, that is for sure, as I seem to have had to prove myself at just about every change in the membership, and seemingly always after, or because of, a challenge.
What I found was that there were a few on site who needed help, and a handful that could point in the right direction. I also learned how to research better and share what knowledge I might have had.
The most important lesson I have learned is to stop thinking that all the answers were already at my disposal. I had to keep looking, even if I had the firm belief that I was right.
'Cause guess what?
Sometimes there IS more than one answer.
Enjoy your site. You have all made it what it is today.
But go easy on one another. Not everything is strictly "black or white".
Wa-do,
U-la-go-hv-s-di.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
You're welcome WhiteBuffalo. Like you said, it's" All in Perception".
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Mi egatalipis me kirie o theos mou, minapostis ap'emou. Proshes istin voithian mou kirie, tisotirias mou.

Theotoke siiambelos ialithini, ivlastisasa tonkapro tiszois. Seiketevo presveve Despina, meta tonapostolon, kai panton agion eleithine tas psihas imon.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
In the Name of The Great Spirit,
And by the power of His Blood and His Mercy,
We bind all spirits in the air, and the fire and the water,
In the ground and the underground and the nether world,
And we bind any satanic forces of nature.
We bind all curses, hexes, or spells, or any occult activity previously used.
We bind the interaction and interplay of spirits.
And we claim the protection
Of the Great Spirit
Over this house and grounds, and over every person here.
We call upon the ancestors of the land
And the company of angels to surround this place,
Making it both safe and sacred.
And we call out to you, O Great Spirit.
Come now and fill this place, never to leave!
We pray in the name of the Great Spirit, Amen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
But I will be BRUTALLY honest here. I COULD NOT forgive myself for a VERY long time, for not SENSING that something was wrong.
I know, totally irrational. It is not as if I can FEEL every persons emotion and sense whenever ANYTHING is amiss. But, that is how I felt. I guess the part that was so difficult to understand was how could we see this NOW, when- when we were most needed, we saw NOTHING?
It is the human psyche, though. We either blame ourselves for EVERYTHING, or we take no responsibility for ANYTHING.
Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Wow, that girl must've been really devastated after that. I can't even imagine going through something like that. I can see why you'd feel guilty about it. That must have been hard for you, being unable to help until it was too late. However it is a good thing that you helped because the girl did need medical attention and without you she may never had got it.

~Blessed Be~
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hiya Chris!
Good to see you over here. Sorry you had to wait for an answer so long. Whew, it has been a rough couple of weeks!
YOU are also absolutely right. Guns don't kill people, people who forget how to place a SAFETY kill people.
JUST LIKE: Ouija's don't call the Evil One's, people who are not smart enough to use their Protection Rites do.
It NEVER ceases to amaze me that the ones who claim to be the strongest "defenders" are USUALLY the ones that run into trouble.
There are guidelines, Rules. It is not difficult to follow them.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
SEER!
My Seer!
Good Lord Girl! I have not seen you in the age of a kimono dragon! Good to see you!
I just ran out of "forks in the road", you know?
PLEASE check out my profile and choose a point of communication. Either one of them. I WILL get back with you. SO MUCH has happened HERE as well!
Hope to talk with you soon!
Autumn
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Yeah... Yeah, Character, charl2008.
I have been CALLED a character, but never have I been accused of HAVING character. You MUST have been referring to my mentor. SHE is QUITE a character!
See, THAT is why I had more issues coming up with a suitable title than actually writing out this whole thing. It virtually flew to my fingertips and BEGGED to be written, but the title...
Yeah, if I would have written "My Ouija Experience" it would have been Open Season on the Whitebuffalo!

I personally think that EVERYTHING has a dark and light side (notice I DID NOT say black and white), and the Board is NO different. I feel that it all depends on the INTENT of the user.
But that is just MY opinion.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Yes, Tonith, you are EXACTLY right.
She was embarrassed, and was pretty steadfast on NOT going to the authorities. Without the Father's "stumbling" onto us, she may never have seen this idiot make it to where he should have been (I can think of a MUCH more appropriate place that he "should have been", but I digress). I wish MORE colleges did the seminars like you spoke of. It would REALLY make sense, as many of those youngsters have not been away from their parents in their whole lives. Some of them would not have the foggiest idea of what to do should something like this happen to a friend.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Great Caesar's Ghost, did I EVER, Tammy!
I felt... I can not even describe it.
Unfortunately there are still times in which I awake seeing this young angels face (in her innocence, I shall ALWAYS refer to her as an angel) in some of the acts being performed. How utterly disgusting to even FOREshadow (which I will not)
Emotions, weather, body positions, the turning of HIS emotion... Felt it all. I DO NOT envy strict empathetic persons. How difficult to live though some one else's experiences. Ours are hard ENOUGH!
See you Soon!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
I would SO agree with you, FRAWIN. Had I not been so scared of the jerk, I may have helped him over to The Other Side as well. I do not know if I was scared of HIM, or what he HAD DONE.
I tend to think that it was more in what he represented. Here was this clean cut, All American, jock... The kind of college hunk that ALL the girls wish to take home to Daddy, with such an EVIL side. I mean, OMG (Dig me! I am texting!) how SICK does one have to be to DO that to someone?
Hang in there, brother. Soon things will be back on track and YOUR mailbox will be full!
Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
A BIT scary, DeviousAngel? Awww, you give me TOO much credit (I make it a practice to use the restroom before every session. No "accidents" during a reading, you know). If I HAD been smarter, I may actually have taken off running when I started feeling lightheaded. I SHOULD have known I was in for an interesting session, right there, I was just too... Uh...Curious.
I guess. If I were a Cat, I would be dead by now.
Thank you for reading through this.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Yes, Shelby. I AM saying that the Lilac scent IS the "essence" of the angels. THAT is my FIRM conviction.
Lilac bushes, even when not tenderly cared for, live up to 350 years (those of you who would like to use them in your landscaping, be careful. This is for a LONG time!). Edgar Cayce is said to (Naturalistic healer and aroma therapist) have once said the fragrance of lilac was very healing, and likely straight from Heaven. It is virtually humanly impossible to reproduce, though MANY companies have tried for their own purposes.
Using the Ouija board WAS to find her... We DID find her, and her perp.
Here is where the "perception" thing comes in. I PERSONALLY felt VERY guilty that we could not STOP this terrible thing. But that was NOT in the Great Spirits plan.
I do not know WHY such a thing should have been allowed to happen, but it did. I can not question my Maker, as it would make no sense to.
It would be as if a drop of rain tried to war against an angry tide. No use.
The important part was that her PERP was brought to justice. Is that NOT what your Husband would say, as well? SHE will heal. HE will not do this again as a result of his experiences while locked up. A few "good men" took care of that.
We actually DID NOT know exactly what questions to ask. It is more of a hit and miss kind of thing. My mentor would pose a question, and depending on the FEEL of the answer, she would try to determine if the answer was factual or not. There are LOTS of times when beings try to "pull one over", and there have probably been times when they succeeded. But with HER...
She is like a pit bull with lockjaw. She just does not give up.
I personally think that the Heavenly music, or calming was more FOR us than to AIDE us. I know that sounds a bit whacked, but this was a stressful session, and I think we needed a bit of air where it could not squeeze through the cracks. This was kind of a "breather", you know?
I believe our sessions TO BE Divine Intervention. I believe that there are times in which the Great Spirit HAS to step in with Intervention and just POINT to things for us. I DO NOT think it beneath Him to tap us on the shoulder (though, with His power it feels more like a SHOVE) and raise a hand while gesturing in the area we need to be.
It is ALL in Perception. For ME.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Good Sun To You All!

Hello Kecoughtan!
You know, THAT is JUST it. SOOO many times people see a word in the title of a story, and just "jump." All of a sudden, this innocent person has become the Lady in Red (and we ALL know what "Lady in Red" walks the night, in Lower Manhattan. Don't we?)
My point to this story is as simple, but well put, as YOUR comment to me. ALL of these experiences that we have? It really depends on if your glass is half FULL or half EMPTY when you look at it.
It depends on whose hand we choose to shake, and whose lives we choose to share. ๐Ÿ˜Š
That's all.
If we look on in fear, fear shall be present. If not... Pshaww- This is in the bag.
Thank you for reading this.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Oh, Autumn, you just MADE MY DAY! I haven't been on your page for quite some time so I take it all went perfectly well! I am very excited for him ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi Automn and thank you for sharring this incredilble story with us. I agree with you it must have been an awfull that that there was nothing you could do for that girl. Its just we can't stop time. But at the same time I'm glad that guy is in jail and he won't be hurting anyone soon. I don't use the ouji board trhoe I find them facinating but like we know the ouji is like a gun. If you don't know how to use it it can end up tragically. I happy that you had a pleasent seance and that you helped a person in need of help. Thats what's important. Thank you for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care Automn ๐Ÿ˜
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Now let's see...
Where to begin?
๐Ÿ˜Š
First I would like to thank you all for your patience, prayers, chants and e-mails.
I am trying to catch up with all of them, I just had NO CLUE that I would receive SO many well wishes to pass on to him. The morning of his surgery, I printed out about twenty of them (thank you, Rhodes and FRAWIN for remembering the days exact date. I appreciate your personal messages to me, as well) and brought them along to read to him.
My son's surgery went very well. As of this morning, he is able to hear the sound of the coffee pot, something that he has not been able to hear, with his ears, since the age of two.
The issue, at present time, is that sounds are TOO amplified, and we have to learn to quiet down a bit around the house. He is in need of a bit more assistance than what was initially thought, so I will be on here sporadically until he is well enough, and his hearing is under control enough, that he can venture, once again, out on his own.
He had his first day back at school on Monday and all seemed to go well (except for the fact that his "best friends" did not know why he was out. In their excitement at being together again, they tried to talk to him the same way they always did- yelling with their mouth close to his ear which caused him tremendous discomfort.)
I could go on, but this is not the place. Be on the lookout for your personal e-mails, but be aware that it may take a bit to answer all of them!
Thanks again, everyone.
Seer (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
Hello my friend,

Its been a long time...

I love reading of how you and your family help others. If only that is what everyone could strive to do in their lives.

I hope you are well and would love to hear from you. Much has happened that I should post but you know...
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Hello all!
All I can say is WOW! GREAT STORY! ๐Ÿ˜ This is actually the first time I've heard of using an Ouija board AND having positive effects. Now I know that, with skills and character, Ouija boards can also be used for positive stuff. As for the girly, I feel sorry for her ๐Ÿ˜ข. I certainly hope that you're not still blaming yourself for not preventing the rape.
If I was ever redundant, please forgive me because I am not really fond of reading others' comments.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

God Bless and more power (padron the pun) ๐Ÿ˜
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Merry Christmas Whitebuffalo. I hope all is well with your family and that your little one came through his surgery with flying colors.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
My apologies for not keeping up with answering the questions here. I will be back just as soon as things slow down a bit at home. My little man is preparing for a surgery and we are going crazy trying to get everything ready, and preparing HIM.
I will be back just as soon as possible.
Thank you all for understanding.
Autumn
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Yes, had that been my daughter I know I would be visting my husband in jail right now too. Praise God the man didn't kill the boy. Had the body of that girl been found he may not have stopped at the car. When my daughter started college they had a seminar about date rape and she attended and listened to what they had to say. This was mainly for frat parties where things can get out of hand. With this information when the girls went to a frat party they kept an eye on one another and always came and left together never leaving anyone behind. This girl was the victim of being drugged and raped by a solo, sick pervert. Glad what you did with the oiuja board lead to him being caught. Obviously the girl was too embarrassed to make the report and like many victims they think it was their fault because they accepted the date. Rape cases are very hard to prove, you have to be half dead to be believed. I'm glad justice was served and you should be proud you helped in that cause. I don't know much about ouija boards but like anything else there seems to be positive and negative reactions when using them so better to use them with someone who knows what they are doing. Kudos to you and your mentor.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: