You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hanging Jackets

Real Ghost Stories

Hanging Jackets

 

I'm going to be frank. I've never truly believed in ghosts until last night.

My boyfriend asked me to come stay with him at his friend's house for a little bit (he had to feed the cat and the dog while his friend was away... Kind of like house-sitting). I remembered him saying something to the effect of "I want you to come because I'm afraid of ghosts and ****". I didn't think very much of it. At the most, I thought he was just joking around.

We fed the cat and dog and we turned on the television. This is where things started getting weird. The (otherwise very quiet) dog started freaking out, barking at something down the hallway. My boyfriend got up to see what it was, but he couldn't find anything except a door opened that he made sure was closed last time he got up. Later, we were starting to get naughty on the couch, when the dog started growling at something... But there was nothing there. Let's just say it creeped me out enough to kill the mood.

A little later, my boyfriend went to go to the bathroom and came back shaking. I've never seen him like this. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he was having an asthma attack and not to worry about it. He sat back on the couch and we watched television until about 2am. I was getting ready to leave, and I asked him if he was staying there overnight, and he replied, "ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOT". I asked him why, and he told me to follow him down the hall to one of the bedrooms.

He pointed to where he had put the cat food on the counter after the cat had eaten half of the food (he only wanted the cat to eat half at a time). Now, the cat food was sitting on the floor again, where he had originally had it when he first put it out for the cat to eat. Then, he pointed to the bed: I couldn't believe what I saw. There were three jackets, one-inside-the-other, hanging perfectly from each of the four posts of the bed.

I asked him if they were there before and he said no, and half-yelled, "I did NOT do that!" He said, "I wasn't having an asthma attack earlier... I just didn't want to tell you about this until we had to leave". He told me that his friend had mentioned to him that the house may be haunted. I had thought he was joking around when he said he was afraid of ghosts, but he really didn't want to house sit here alone.

We left, and I started crying on the way home because I was really freaked out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, starhallie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chocolatemad10 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
thats happened in some other story iv read exept it was one yellow jacket on a tree wich fell over killing a set of twins one wearin a yellow jacket 😉
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Maybe the ghost was cold and couldn't figure out how to put the jackets on! 😆
Haha, just kidding.
It could have been playing around or trying to tell you something.

It didn't seem like it meant any harm.

Has anything else happened in the house latley?
Please let me know!

Take Care ❤
starhallie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Sorry about the confusion regarding the jackets. From the best of my memory, there were about three jackets on EACH of the four bed posts, for a total of 12 jackets. The jackets were arranged in such a way that they were nesting one inside the other.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
I was a bit confused about the jacket thing too. But whatever. The fact is they were not there but then were there. That alone would have sent the warning bells off in my world. If the place is haunted whatever is there isn't hurting anyone but makes me feel sorry for the animals that have to deal with it when no one is there. I would encourage the owners to do a cleansing or a blessing or just tell the thing it has behave or leave. If this keeps up they won't be able to get anyone to house sit or take care of their animals. However, they may be interested in asking a paranormal team to investigate and possibly help rid them of whatever is envading their home. Good luck. Keep us posted.
psyonic (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Hello

Can you clarify how the jackets were arranged? I keep reading it over and over but I don't understand how three jackets were in one another and hanging from four posts of the bed... So there were 12 jackets?

Thanks 😕
starhallie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
DA,

That is what my boyfriend told me. He texted me later that night when we were both at home: "You have no reason to be afraid. Enjoy it as an experience and nothing more... It's funny." I totally agree!

Hallie
resz (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
That's really scary and kind of funny how your boyfriend was so upfront about being scared. I'm the same exact way. I can't believe he bothered to show you the jackets. That is so creepy I'm surprised he didn't just want to get out of there and tell you about it on your way home. Good story.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! That definitely sounds rather creepy to me. I know it's easier said than done, but always try not to show your fear toward spirits when they do interesting little things to get your attention. Like I always say to everyone when they have something like this happen, verbalization is almost always the key to stopping the events from happening. Remember that spirits were once people, and usually if you're polite to them and let them know that you don't want to be bothered or frightened, they'll leave you alone.

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: