You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Are There Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Are There Ghosts?

 

This has been going on for about a week now (the electronics thing). I live in a fairly new house. My mom has lived here her entire life, and no one has died here, and there was only one man who lived here before her: the builder, and he's not dead. My grandpa died when I was little, but he wouldn't haunt me, nor my mother or sister or father.

My phone has been randomly turning off a lot lately. I'll turn it on for a few minutes, and then it just turns off-the battery's fully charged and everything. I don't know what's wrong. Same with my laptop, only it won't turn on until after about 20 minutes (you have to keep trying).

I also feel an unknown presence everywhere in my house, but it's the strongest in my room. I have NO idea at all what it is, and I'm completely freaked out to be anywhere in the house by myself. Or, at least, when I am by myself, I listen to music to keep the creaking and weird noises out of my head.

Whenever I am in my room reading by myself and the radio is OFF, it sounds like an animal is in great pain underneath my bed. The only problem is, I don't have any cats in my room (I have 3 cats) and I jump right out of my bed and SPRINT down to the room where everyone else is.

I have to turn on every light in every room I pass (I turn them off ASAP though) and I am afraid to go to sleep at night. My closet has to be closed, my door open, and my phone on (it stays on at night for some reason).

I got a new bed, and it doesn't have springs, but my old bed did, and they'd creak and I would think it was one of my cats, but where I looked, there would be nothing.

If you have ANY information PLEASE tell me. I wish to know what's going on and I really want to know what it is.

3 old_ky_home_1047

Other hauntings by old_ky_home1047

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, old_ky_home1047, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Go to my website: ghost-e.com.Read through the Question and Answer page. I got your request for help, but you don't list an email address. Also, you didn't explain your situation. I can't help without knowing what you need. No email?...you can write me IM at can.seeghosts [at] yahoo.com, and we can chat. I talk to quite a few people from this wensite. ALWAYS happy to help... Hope to hear from you soon.Blessings, Ghostseer
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
i have nyctophobia BECAUSE of this entity. It has caused me nothing but trouble, but I want it to stay. I just wish I could know what it is and if I eventually feel threatened, a way to get rid of it.

❤ old_ky_home1047
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
thank you all so much for your comments! They've helped me so much! I want to add that my light switch would not let me turn off the light and whenever I yelled at it it would turn off. I also see silhouettes out of the corner of my eyes and the energy I feel is negative. It is still very strrong in my room but it has become weaker since I've posted this story
❤ old_ky_home1047
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Many unexplainable events.
Interesting.

Maybe the ghost is just trying to get your attention.

Be Careful! ❤

(I love how those two people were saying...hmm...since your mom has lived in your house for all her life, that means shes old...& I loved your 2nd reaction)
😁 😆
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Wow! Very Unsolvable. I dunno. Just weird. This is a comment. I do have some advice. Keep your eyes shut and pretend dead/asleep.

P.S You may hear voices saying "I know your awake" But ignore it!
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Old-ky:That sounds really scary; my first thought, though, was that you are having night terrors, hearing and feeling things while you are alone and vulnerable. Quite common.

Your last comment cracked me up!
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
MY MOMS ONLY 37! Please stop saying shes old! My grandmas only like 70 something so stop calling everyone in my family old but thanks for the comments any way
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
I agree with Canyouseeme: if your mother lived in that house all her life then that means it's old! Usually, old houses make strange noises. My aunt lives in a house that's over 70 years old and it's not haunted but there are also strange noises that can't be explained! 😊 ❤
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
you could call the ghost busters... Yeah that's all the advice I have cause I have hear creaks in the middle of the night when everyone's asleep but that (when I was little) was my dog and I like to believe even in the after life he and granpa are watching over me cause I am a very easily scared teen and I hate to be left alone based of the fact I an terrifiyed somthing will happen to me when nothing bad (burgalar and such) has ever happened to me... So I'd say you ether have a gardian angel animal or a torturing demon animal...
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
shes 37... Not 50 something... So yes shes only been at my house for 37 years...
Canyouseeme (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
You said your mother lived in the house all her life so that means its old, if this has just been happening then it won't be a ghost that has an attachment to the house.

Usually itll be something that's been brought into the house...but...this sounds more like a ghost that's just trying to frighten you, taking into account this story is real then the ghost is using a common way of scaring you i.e. The electrics, the aminal crying out however suggests its not a normal type of ghost.

More of a specific type of ghost or group, I don't know much myself at all about ghosts and my theorys etc, are based on fiction but is the same in some cases of true ghost stories.

You could ignore it and show your not scared, try to contact it to find out info and ask your mother if shes bought/brought anything into the house round about when this started to happen, it could be anything from a coin to a statue, usually old but not always.

Hope it helps and interesting story.

Canyouseeme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: