You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Touched By A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Touched By A Spirit

 

This happened a few months ago, I don't remember the exact date as I never really kept record of my sleep. I only told a few people of this experience as I don't like people to think of me as an odd person or that I may be lying.

Anyway, just to let you know, the room I'm currently using used to be what we called the "family room", and it connects to the kitchen through an open door which I partially cover with a sheet. The lights were all off in my room, and one of the kitchen dimmer lights peered through the door.

It was one night where I could not sleep right away. I had a case of classic insomnia, and I would spend many nights just lying down on my couch trying my best to fall sleep. After many hours of tossing and turning, I thought I finally fell asleep, but the truth is that I was probably half asleep.

All of a sudden, I felt something press itself on top of me, like somebody's hand pressing itself on my chest. My eyes were closed at the time because I was scared to open them. Then I felt the touch release then proceed down to my stomach and then to my lower abdomen, to then it just stopped.

I then opened my eyes slowly and saw some type of apparition that looked like some type of transparent demon's face floating near the door of my room and it was fading back slowly. During this time I tried to call out to my parents, but to my avail I could barely utter out my voice to call them.

A few minutes later, my eyes were wide open and I pondered to myself all night if I was dreaming or not, because I felt pretty sure I was awake when I felt that thing touch me.

Other hauntings by PerseusHADES

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerseusHADES, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NowOrNever (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
I think its an incubus. A sexually Active demon... You got raped by it. Try covering your room with salt or blessing it.
llcoolclint (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
i disagree with everyone I think it happened I think the demon was raping and terrorizing you this might helf if I knew if your sainty or a sinner
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Well, it might of been a dream, because some times when I have a dreams, I feel things. Its like your dreams are really happening. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I'm in agreement with the others here--this sounds like a classic case of Sleep Paralysis, especially because you were sleep-deprived and tired. Take care of yourself and try to get some more sleep. If you're having trouble, see a doctor about getting on some kind of sleep aids. You NEED your precious sleep!:)

Warmest blessings,
DA/Lynn
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Have to agree with brifischer on this one. It is a classic case of sleep deprivation and sleep paralysis. Don't worry about it. It only happened once and it you were probably half in and half out of sleep. Sleep paralysis can be frighteningly real but it's not real and many people under any kind of stress can have it happen to them.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis - especially with the insomnia part - you were most likely in the in between stages of sleep. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
PerseusHADES (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Well I don't know how to explain how it looked like, but it looked creepy. It wasn't red... It seemed... I don't know, brownish? My eyes were half open I think... And since I've never seen anything like it I can't vividly explain in detail or what it might have been. But "demon"-looking kind of best describes it, although it may or may not have been one.

...and my front abdomen (unless I'm naming the wrong body part).

To make it more clear, I was lying on my back on my couch. So it touch the parts of my body on the front side.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
As in demon-kind - Red? Or like some spirit kind ghost-demon? I have no clue but know the rest.

As in abdomen - Front or Back?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: