You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Nighttime Impressions

Real Ghost Stories

Nighttime Impressions

 

Let me begin by saying I am a believer in beings, or entities, outside of our little "bubble" we call dimension.

This all began once I moved into a different room in my house. I have lived in this house for about 16 years, and until now, nothing out of the ordinary happened to me.

I am a lucid dreamer, and have always been able to completely control my dreams. However, the first night I moved into this room, my dreams began taking on a more demented quality. I would see battles raging between the forces of good and evil, bloody, terrible fights. I would see dismembered corpses. I would even see the bodies of my family and loved ones, as though just murdered.

Needless to say, this frightened me greatly. It went on for a good month, and all culminated in one dream. In the dream, I was with some of my friends, on what appeared to be a demon hunt. When we came to a certain building, I felt the presence of a very powerful being within. I could not for the life of me describe the building to you now.

All of a sudden, I could sense this being coming closer to the group. All of us sensed it, though we could also see that it was interested in me and me alone. With defiance in my heart, I challenged it, knowing that I had a higher power backing me. But, it seems like this wasn't enough. I felt as though something rushed into my body through my chest, and an electric jolt filled my body. I felt immense power, and what scares me the most, I liked it. This lasted for a good 10 minutes, and the entire time, a name echoed through my head. "Azazel".

I had never heard this name before, but upon awakening and researching this name, I found exactly who it was. Those of you with an interest should know who this particular being is. Even stranger, the demented dreams stopped right then. I have not had another one since.

Later, I was lying in my bed, sleeping quite peacefully. Out of nowhere, I jerked awake, not drowsy in the least. After checking to make sure I was truly awake, I looked at the clock. 3:00 AM. I have for some time known the significance of this time, so I began to feel frightened at the prospect of what might happen.

I suddenly got the very vivid impression of a being standing in the doorway to my room, which stood open. I always sleep with this door closed, so this came as a shock to me. In the blink of an eye, the impression moved to mere inches from my face, and stayed there for a few minutes. Throughout, I had a feeling of immense dread, and I could not move.

The being finally subsided, leaving me alone. However, images... Movies, really... Played through my head, over and over again... Exactly the same. I was looking down at my bed from the ceiling, and a man walked over to it, lay down, rolled over to face the wall, and shot himself in the head. This continued until around 6:30 AM, when the rest of the house was awake and getting ready for work.

Various smaller happenings have gone on, but nothing quite as severe as these experiences. Now, I am no stranger to the supernatural, but this scared the daylights out of me, and I am unsure what to make of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gavindark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CC38467 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Reading comments, not a lot of people support the fact that this may be a weird thing happening to you. I know I used to have horrific dreams of my family getting hurt and I couldn't do anything about it way before I started getting into the paranormal (and I've never been into religion so that's automatically ruled out). I don't really know what to make of it either but I've found listening to music is a nice way to drown things out. (My i-Pod lives on my nightstand now. ^^)
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Thank you for sharing your story. I am going to have to mirror Tonith's thoughts on this one. This sounds like a mix between sleep paralysis and lucid dreams. Again, no one can say for sure, but that is my guess from what you have written.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Thank you for sharing your story. I deeply hope you don't take personal offense to what I say here, but I don't think this is paranormal. I'm not sure if you have anything stressful going on in your life or if you have suffered any recent losses, but I truly think you might want to look into getting counseling. You should keep a journal of your dreams and share them with a psychologist or psychiatrist. Many times people psychologically allude to demons as a scapegoat for their own desires, urges, and uncontrollable thoughts. It sounds like you have a decent knowledge of demonology (and I'm guessing that you're of some Christian denomination) so try not to be afraid of things like that. Just take courage from your faith and again, I'd really recommend seeing someone about these dreams.

Warmest blessings,
DA/Lynn
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
I read the mythology of this supposed creature and it has to do with vanity and corruption of fallen angels who in turn tried to make man vain and corrupt. Never thought man needed much help in this department so that's why I don't believe in demons. You may have heard this name or read it and forgot that you did but it came out in your dream state which taps information from the subconscious which records everything you see and hear. Your conscious mind filters only what is needed but that doesn't mean the subconscious didn't record it first. Also sounds like you may have a bit of sleep paralysis. Other parts of that last episode did sound like an out of body experience or again sleep paralysis coupled with lucid dreaming even though you believe you were quite awake. Let's say I'm off on all these observations then I would have to ask how involved you are in your religion and how literally you take the teachings? I know a woman who believed in the rapture and was terrified her children would be taken while she would be left behind. It caused her to constantly be checking on her kids and dreaming they were always being taken. She got the help she needed which was simply a de-programming of what she was taught by her church. Religion is suppose to comfort us not send us into a panic.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Azazel (Sayan) The name of a supernatural being mentioned in connection with the ritual of the Day of Atonement (Lev. Xvi.). After Satan, for whom he was in some degree a preparation, Azazel enjoys the distinction of being the most mysterious extrahuman character in sacred literature. Unlike other Hebrew proper names, the name itself is obscure.

Pretty wild account. Do you read about this type of stuff a lot - particularly before bed? Could it have just been a dream possibly?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: