You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is Something In Our House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Something In Our House?

 

Just to get started a little something about me, I'm a sixteen year old girl from the Netherlands.

Lately, weird things are happening in our house; sometimes I feel a very cold breeze going by my cheek, our cats avoid places in the house like some places in my room (like the middle of the floor!) and since a few days ago, my 9 year old brother and I hear strange noises like the front door rambling or I hear very soft voices of a female and a small girl. I can't really tell sometimes because I usually have an i-pod in my ears.

My brother is really scared about this all. In the Netherlands everybody is very neutral about, well, kind of everything so we really don't want to tell our parents because they probably think it is bull. I really want to know for certain, so I want to wait a few days or so, but, as I said, my brother is so scared! He doesn't want to sleep anymore and sometimes cries out of the blue...

So about our house: It's a house build in 1936 and as far as I know nobody has died here or something like that. But we do live in the same street as the local cemetery and the church.

Also, since a long time now I've been having dreams about future events. There mostly blurry pictures but last night it was a very clear "film". Today, it came true.

Could this have something to do with the things happening in the house? My brother has this too, but only the pictures.

I really don't know what to do about my brother being so scared, I tried to comfort him but it doesn't really work.

Does anyone have had a similar experience or does anyone know how to help me and my brother?

Other hauntings by leentjehk

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leentjehk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

staruser (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
if you are still hearing the vocies then maybe this might help,

Crack a window in each room of your home and take a dried bundle of sage
(available at most metaphysical stores) and "smudge" your home clearing out any
Negative or stagnant energies. Smudging is simply lighting the sage bundle, making
Sure you have a safe receptacle to catch the ashes in, and walking around your entire
Home allowing the smoke to circulate and cleanse the energy and space. Its never good for you and your family to keep these spirts or what realy are in your home. They need to move on.

Being firm and unemotional, walk around each room of your home, while saying
Loudly and firmly, "This sage is cleansing out all negative energies and spirits... All
Negative energies and spirits must leave now through the windows and not return." Do
This until you sense the negative energy has gone and the room's energy lightens (to
A positive - look for peace) and then say, "In the name of God, this room is now
Cleansed." Know and sense this.

Remember not to worry about how you sound if you stumble on your words. The
Main thing is your intent, which is your faith. You have power and have nothing to
Fear. Your intentions are to rid the home of negative energies and spirits and they will
Know this, if they are there. Always work with your own energy from within your soul
And incorporate this energy into the cleansing. Draw your divine power from within
Your innermost being.

If things don't get any better or get worse go to your church don't be afraid of what the church might say they are there to help. And remember keep your faith strong!

I hope this helps let me know how things go 😊
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Wow! Finding that your house sheltered Jews hiding from the Nazis opens a whole new field of thought.

I think you might be on to something with the idea that the entity might be there to "keep the crooks away"
--it's a possibility that either one of the people who hid the Jews or perhaps one of the Jews who found refuge in your house might just be staying around to keep an eye on things!
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
i too have the same problems about 'seeing what is going to happen tomorrow'.

Your cats might be avoiding an area of energy created by spiritual beings, so it might explain the cats avoiding areas (if I said something mistakenly, anyone can help me correct it).

The soft voices you heard might be some female spirit contacting you for help. Help anyone who are in trouble, and they will leave in peace.

Those spirits might come from that local church you said earlier. Then that place is where all the deceased are coming from.
jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
I have that same problem. Ecept it was at our old house. Try to keep your brother calm and comfort him. 😉
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
I think you should find some information about the people that lived there before you because someone might have died in your house. And if it was built in 1936 then it's over 70 year old! I hope everything turns out okay!:)
~ Chloe ❤
leentjehk (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Thank you all for your posts! It's bin about a week now and I went to the cemetary last night. It was chilly (not in the degrees way) but I felt that someone walked beside me to the cemetary. I've visited my grandpa's grave and talked a little while in the nothing about my brother being so scared and me don't knowing what to do about the weird things in our house. It was very comforting for me!

My brother hasn't talked about the whole thing lately; he just wants some sleep. There are still strange things in our house like pens I find everywhere or cold chills around my legs. But I talked in the air and felt someone was listeling, it's kind of quite now. I like it this way, who knows, maybe it's a nice person whose keeping croocks away 😳...?

I also went to the ehm... Gemeente to check up on the house's former owners and such but there was nothing interesting there accept the fact that there is was a little "onderduikplaats" for Jewisch people so they could hide for the Germans in WW 2! Whoho! Hero's lived in our home! Anyway, I'm home alone now, it's half past eleven in the evening and I'm totally relaxed, no bad vibes or such.

Still, there is the dream-thing: My dreams are RELEVANT things, I live in a busy town, somtimes people jump in front of a train or get stabbed or even die BUT I NVER HAD THAT KIND OF DREAM. My dreams are stupid little things about school or something my brother is going to suprise me with. My dreams really don't have a message and there not long enough to get one clear out of it (It usually is 30 seconds). On one hand I'm very greatfull that they are so dull, one the other hand; maybe I could help a lot of people if I knew what was going to happen. (because a lot of old people live in our neighbourhood).

I have one more question: On our holiday in Spain I bought a neclace with a huge rock in it. It looks like the eye of a cow with the colors green, blue and even a little orange. I can't seem to find what kind of mineral/rock it is. I will post a photo later. This necklace stopped my dreams and feelings for supernatural things when I wore it. I've been wearing it from august until novembre and it was so huge for me! It seemed the rock felt like it made time go faster when I needed the time and made it go slower when I wanted my class to be over, hihi.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Oh, and I'm posting like this because there off for the holidays. Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear everyone! Or in Dutch: Zalig Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
I'm sorry you and your brother feel that way... I found (if it's a good spirit) it helped to let it know it's for of contact is very frightening and to try a less direct or more direct way like asking... I once had a ghost approach me and as soon as it noticed its very direct trying to touch me scared me it stopped I have no seen said ghost since (though that might have to do with the fact I stopped walking around in the dark and, in fact, refuse to go to the kitchen in the dark without a flashlight). As for the dreams I had only one of those and it was very uneventful seeing as it was blurry but I could tell what was happening and it did later that day... Other than that I have no advice.

~Tora~
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Hi and welcome to YGS. I read your story with great interest especially your dreams. You have been given some very good advice about how to gain control over the spirits and how to help your brother overcome his fear. Be strong and firm as everyone will tell you. Regarding your dreams/premonitions, it can be a wonderful gift or a curse to have as Tonith stated. I used to think it was a curse, as I only had premonitions when something very bad was going to happen. It took me years to acceot my gift I suppose it is a gift in some ways as you are prepared but then there is the down side as well. Try burning some lavender at night or you can actually buy pouches now with lavender in them you can place near your bed and your brothers which should help with relaxation and sleep. It will also create a calming atmosphere. Let us know how you get on.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
It has to be hard when things are happening and you can't go to anyone that you know to talk about it. Many people just blow it off and tell you to stop imagining things. Also when there are teens and preteens in a household there can be a lot of kinetic energy being dipsersed. One of you may be the catalyst. Maybe both of you are naturally sensitive to the spirit world. It's easy to say don't be afraid and yet much harder to do so. I'm glad you found this site there are many people here who will listen and can help. I would say try not to be afraid and be firm when addressing any entity. Also be respectful but it may be a matter of informing them they are dead and need to go to the Light. They need to move forward and not be stuck on this earthly plane. As far as your brother is concerned you can comfort him by telling him if spirits are around they are not the hurting kind. They were once people too and you need to talk to them as such. I can't imagine the terror this child is going through but you can assure him ghosts don't hurt people they just want some attention. Talking to them just like you would any other real person seems to work as far as their activities go. If you ask them to stop they usually do. The dreaming could be premonitions and some people have that gift or curse depends on how one views it. Look up dreams and premonitions and educate yourself. Knowledge is power.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
That sort of stuff has happened to me, too. Our house is over 100 years old and I know that my grandpa died in our house when my dad was a little younger than me. (he is now 52 & I'm 14)

At least once a week, I also have dreams that sometimes come true. But then, some of them do not.

Just comfort your brother, and do not show any fear.

I hope everything turns out okay for you and your brother 😊
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Your house was built in 1936--that means that it survived the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands and air raids of the Allies as well. Although, as European houses go, it's relatively 'young,' it's seen a lot of trauma and terror, I'm sure.

Try to find out about the people who have lived there since 1936. You may just unearth some fascinating stories dating from World War II.

Welcome to the site, and please keep us posted. I've prayed for your little brother, too--having raised two boys, I can still empathize with the fears of little fellows! ❤
Mike823 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
I don't know what to say about the spirits or what ever they are but to comfort your brother try making up something by saying that its just the wind that's making that noise or say because the house is old that they start to become very creaky etc but with a house that old I would expect my self someone has died there that's the main thing you should research up on first find out if anyone has then if not then take up the cemetary as that is the obviously the next step to take good luck hun keep me informed 😊 chin up x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: