You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Man In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In My Bedroom

 

First of all in my other story "Soul Surfing" I mentioned that this was my first happening with the paranormal, but I have gone over this in my head and from other things I have been told I have realized that this is probably my first experience. I haven't had many though, I'm not one of those "ghosty" people.

This experience took place in the first house I lived in and I was around 3 or 4 at the time so this experience had always been a little hazy for me. I don't remember much else as I was very young at the time and have only found out the full details quite recently.

I remember it was a warm summer night and being very young. I was made to go to bed while it was still light. I didn't shut my curtains as I always fell asleep watching my garden (sounds strange I know but on a warm summer night it was nice).

I remember been laid in my bed and I saw a man standing next to my window. He was old, I can't remember what he was wearing but he just stood smiling, watching me. It sounds funny but I remember thinking he was the window cleaner or something and I remember laughing at him smiling at me. I don't remember much after that but eventually I think he went away and I fell to sleep.

Growing up, whenever the subject of ghosts had come up I always claimed to my parents that the man I saw was one but I honestly was never really sure because I was young. My parents always just shrugged it off and said I wouldn't have remembered because I was so young.

However I was talking with my mum recently and she told me that before we moved in, a man had died in that room. It would have been an understatement to say that I was annoyed... There was a spare room as well and they gave me the haunted one!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Other hauntings by laus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
I would talk to him, ask him questions. Maybe it is your Guardian Angel if he is not harming you. Maybe letting you know that you aare protected and safe while he is near.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
its up to you whether you want to "put much into it" but if you don't then don't waste your time commenting, have a nice day, laus ❤ x
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
thank-you for all your comments! Have a great christmas everybody! Laus x ❤
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I have to think this was imagination since I personally do not put much into stories that took place when the writer was that young.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I don't know if what you saw was a ghost or a child's imagination. But if imagination I'm sure you could have come up with something more colorful than an old man. It's always hard to tell what is real when in a state of deep relaxation. The mind can slip into the dream state very easily even if it's only for a few minutes. Maybe it was the man who once lived there and he was just making his presence known. Sounds like he was a good soul and you are no worse the wear for the encounter. Not all are so fortunate.
3gohstlovers (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
When the man was there did he have and wierd looks, eyes (darker colors) Please comment back PLEASE! 😕
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
hey, thanks for commenting, I forgot to mention that I moved out of that house when I was 4, so I can no longer try and get in touch and whatever, but yeah it was pretty wierd to say the least, I didn't feel like he was bad though, if anything I felt he was good because he was making me laugh. I only saw him once, Laus x ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Maybe the man was not ready to leave his house-his room just yet.
He may just be checking up on you to make sure nothing bad is happening to you.
He may be your guardian angel.

Try to help him. Talk to him. Ask him what he wants. Help him to the other side.

If you feel any evil vibes from him, then leave him alone and do not bother him, but also, do not show fear.

Have you seen him anytime else?

Be careful & safe! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: