You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny This Is Jill, Jill This Is Granny

Real Ghost Stories

Granny This Is Jill, Jill This Is Granny

 

"Come on guys, let's go ghost hunting. I have not had the chance to talk to granny for a while," I pleaded my friends, Kaitlan and Kayla. "Fine, Jill, but if anything happens to me, then you are paying for the funeral!" Kayla said, as she was terrified of ghost. "Kayla, just because they are ghost, doesn't mean that they are evil or bad," Kaitlan and I both told her.

We sat down on the couch with the lantern by my side. I started. "Little girl, if you are here, will you please show yourself. We would like to help you. Please show us a sign that you are here with us." We waited for about ten minutes while I kept saying the same thing at random times. No luck. I started again. "Little boy, if you are here, will you please show yourself?" (This was before the incident that he had shown himself outside of the reflection of the dishwasher.) No one did anything, but then, Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzz. We all jumped to find out it was Kayla's cell phone going off. "Kayla! This is important! Quit!" She put it away after making jokes about him. "Kayla, the poor boy is stuck in our world when he shouldn't be. Please don't make jokes about him," I told her.

I started again. "Grandpa, if YOU are here, will YOU please show yourself. And no, we are not going to the bathroom to see you. I am sorry, but if you want to show yourself, then come in the living room. I can help. I am your granddaughter." Nothing. Not even a little noise. I was going through the list of ghost in my house. We finally reached the last one. My grandmother-who we refer to as granny.

"Here goes nothing," I mumbled. "Granny, if you are here, please show yourself. For me? Please granny. Granny, this is Jill. Please answer me. Granny, this is Jill!" I thought I heard something in the kitchen, but I ignored it, not wanting to scare my friends. Kayla was closing her eyes afraid of what she was going to see. She has seen my granny before in her old bedroom-now my parents' room.

After that, she has been terrified of ghost. Something white walked in front of the television. Then it slowly disappeared. Kaitlan grabbed my arm and scooted closer. "Okay, I think we will call it a night." I stated. I jumped up to turn on the light. Kaitlan and Kayla were happy it was over. Little did we know that it wasn't.

This Is Granny

"Ji-Ji-Jill..." Kayla stuttered, "look a-at Th-the T-T-TV. I looked only to find out why Kayla was almost in tears. Clear on the television said, "Jill, this is granny." I dropped to my knees, too afraid to move. Kaitlan's mouth opened in awe. "That was her!" I said under my breathe so my clearly frightened friends couldn't hear.

Later that night, I didn't believe it. It HAD to be my brother, Cole, who thought it was funny to play tricks on me. "Cole, why did you do it? It wasn't funny!" I told him, furious that he would do that to our granny. "What are you talking about? You're stupid!" he told me. "Come and look!" I shouted softly enough so it would not wake up are parents at midnight. He looked at it, barely able to speak. "Jill it had to be you, because it wasn't me!" He walked away from me and went back upstairs, still horror struck. I could tell he was not lying because every time he lied to me, he had a little smile curled on his face. This time, his face was with a little bit of fear, because he knows I would not do that to granny. We knew, now, that it could not have been anyone else, because nothing was on that television when we first started-besides dust.

Obviously, granny did not have enough energy in her for me to be able to hear her clearly, so she just found another way. My granny was always smart like that.

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

minimom (50 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
I have kids about your age and frankly the picture of the TV looks just like a prank they would pull.

I'm not saying that your story is a total fake but it's not exactly proof positive either.
katie22 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
that is real scary, ghostlover13.
Great great story and isn't it good to kno that your granny is still lookin over you?
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
Dan, Tog:
I promise that no one had written that.
We saw the tv before we started and the tv is right in front of us... And we noticed nothing on the tv.
I can see how the picture doesn't help much, but I promise that no one had written that.

Rain:
I do say a prayer before I start each time since a demon entered my house. Lol
(:
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Ghostlover13,
What a story! I wouldn't feel frightened by this. Obviously your granny loves you very much. But I would advise you to research contacting spirits to do it the right way. Just asking a spirit to come to you and opening yourself up like that can be dangerous. If you light a candle, make it white. Say a prayer before you try to contact anything. Please. I want you to be safe. When you open yourself up like that then anything can come in. Then you are stuck and it's a pain in the butt trying to get rid of that spirit. Be safe! 😊
❤ raingrl01
Togetic (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
I have to go with dan the man you could just wrote this story for fun. But I can't say that its fake.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
how do we know that one of yoou guys didbt just write that...? Its not possible for us to know if you are telling the truth
lalala123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
thats super scary.
This is like one of the scariest stories I read.

Wow.
...
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Thank you for reading my stories everyone! 😊

And also, thank you for trying to help, too! 😊
unkown12 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Ghost I believe you too maybe its true your granma is trying to get your attention some how...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Hi Jill I believe you too When I see your Proof and The story Its there with my eyes. That how I see what I believe.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
hi ghostLover13,

I totally believe you this is the spookiest story I have read today. And next week I'm having a sleepover with 2 of my friends and I am going to do the exact same thing that you did and I hope I see my granddad he died when I was 8 months old.

Thanks for posting this story...

Princess123 x ❤
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
I believe you ghostlover13 and I'm only 15, you don't have to be an adult to go through paranormal activity. If your grandmother is in your home what type of feelings do you get as she makes herself known? Is it cold or warm? Most spirits send off a feeling of cold air which is a negative sign and if it is warm the spirit is usually docile and means no harm, most times that means its giving off a positive energy of relief and comforting, even if its cold sometimes being cold grabs peoples attention.

Open your eyes and ears and pay attention to your surroundings, you should be able to see your grandmother more clearly because in my opinion your grandmother is trying to grab your attention, maybe she is trying to tell you something she forgot to tell you before she passed and she really wants you to know. Or she just wants to speak to you again.

In order to find out what you grandmother wants you have to observe the signs she is giving you.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Samantha,
Yeah, it is scary, but cool. (=

Francy,
No, no hot or cold spots except when I saw her in the kictchen & in front of the tv. No candle, either. I am not sure why they did not answer, sometimes, they just dont.

Troyarn,
Why don't you believe me? Because I am 14? Well whatever. If you think that I am lieing, then I guess that that is your loss, not mine. 😠 I promise you that that this story is 100% real. I wouldn't post it if it wasn't.

Tonith,
Okay... Tell me HOW was I making fun of Kayla? I was telling her to stop. That is not making fun of her. And, I want to help the ghost and see what they want! That doesn't mean that I just want to play with them or something! So if you don't believe me, then go ahead! Truthfully I do not even care if you believe me or not, because this is just a story! YOU weren't there for the real thing, so you cannot go around saying it is fake when you do not even know for sure. It is 100% real, I promise. 😠

Thank you for reading my story and those of you who BELIEVE my story! 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
I don't know Jill sometimes you are scared and other times you are making fun of someone who is scared. I know you are only 14 but maybe it's time to worry more about the living than the dead. I read these posts and I see someone who enjoys writing and is good at it. I just don't know how much of this is on the level. While we all enjoy a good yarn that's not what this site is about. People come here hoping to share their experience and get some feedback.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
sorry (not), but I did not believe this one. I really wanted to be able to read true tales but...well, I just do not believe this.
Francois (220 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Dear Jill,

Another excellent and scary story once again and it's not because I'm typing at 3am (witching hour) and watching horror stories on youtube.

I'm quite curious why your grandmother lingers in your house. Another question is why is the television so dusty? And why did the little girl and boy not answer? Hmmm.

In addition, I'm curious if you lit a candle in the room, I hear candles are a key in communicating with the dead. Did you feel any cold spots in the room or a hotspot?

In the end I applaud your detailed writing of the story and your investigation of your house. You truly write a ghost story like no other!

God bless and Dominus vobiscum

Sincerely,

Francois 😁 😁
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Wow, that's kind of scary, but really cool.:) At least you know she's still there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: