You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Time For Bed Now

Real Ghost Stories

Time For Bed Now

 

When I was about eight or nine, I knew something was in our house, but I did not know what. My brother always told me about our granny being in the house. He has seen her before, too. I asked our parents about it, and they said that there were no such things as ghosts. I still did not believe them.

One night, I had the feeling that someone was literally right beside me everywhere I went. I felt like someone was watching me. It was about nine o' clock and my father told me that it was time for bed. My mom was at work, and my brother was in his room (about four or five steps away from my room). My parent's room is about five or six steps from mine. I was getting into bed and I heard this creaking from our attic. It is right beside my bed on the floor. I was not sure what it was and I was getting pretty freaked out.

Then, something on my wall was jingling around as if something was blowing it. The thing is that there were no windows open and no fans on. There always was not any air conditioning or heater on. I started getting under my comforter, because I was starting to get cold.

All of a sudden, I heard my parents' door open and shut and someone was walking downstairs. My parents' door makes a loud bang when it opens and shuts. When you walk down the stairs, you can hear each creak on them and then once you get to the bottom step, there is another bang. I scurried out of my bed and ran to my parents' bedroom. I asked my dad if mom was home, even though I knew she was not because she did not get off work until midnight. Of course, he said no and so I asked if he went downstairs. He told me no because he was reading the whole time. I then asked him if he heard someone go downstairs and he was told me no. I was freaked out and I ran back to my room and hurried to sleep.

I was so scared that night and it was not my first paranormal experience, but it was a scary one!

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Maybe it was your Grandma, checking on you. Then she saw you were still awake and didn't want to frighten you so she left.
friendlyghost34 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
Oh snap! I would be like freakin' out and I wouldn't be able to go to sleep.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Tabby_Cat,
I was pretty scared! Lol
Maybe I was just used to it by now. Not really sure how they do not scare me as much as they always should.

Vintage,
Same thing I said to Tabby. 😊
It is scary, but I guess you just get used to it easily. 😕
Thanks. 😊
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
This is amazing. I have only a few experiences. But you have tons of fascinating stories! 😁

At that age I would also be screaming my lungs out. In fact, I would be screaming my lungs out if I were the age I am now.

Thanks for posting this up!
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Wow. At that age I would be screaming and crying and most likely have a panic attack... 😭
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
ToraOkami303,
I was sorry too! 😆
I do not think that it tried to scare me. It might have been my granny playing a trick on me or another spirit just minding its buisness.

Thank you 😊 ❤
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
hm...I'm sorry the spirit scared you:) I'm sure the spirit didn't mean to... Unless you know it attacked you... Great story:)

~Tora~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: