You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Smell Of Cigar And The Voice Along With It

Real Ghost Stories

The Smell Of Cigar And The Voice Along With It

 

Some of you bear with me on my story because this happened in 1994, I might not remember some of it but I'll do my best.

One morning, between 3:00-3:30 am, I was going back home from an old girlfriend's house and as I was driving along a stretch of highway, I started to doze off.

So I woke up and thinking to myself, it's only 10 more miles-it's 10 more miles.

As I kept driving I smelt a smoke (I don't smoke and my girlfriend didn't smoke either). It was a cigar smell-the smell I remember that my dad smoked. It was the smell of a Dutch Master cigar the kind he smoked. My dad died in 1991.

As I kept driving I dozed off again then all the sudden a voice woke me up saying my name and "WAKE UP".

So I woke up and found myself about 3 inches from hitting a guardrail and a 20 embankment behind it. So needless to say I stopped just in time.

So as I sit there thinking about the voice it sounded like my dad's voice. So I found the nearest store parking lot to get some sleep but I kept smelling the scent of a Dutch Master Cigar.

Finally I decided to go to my brother's house, who lived another 3 miles from the store, and tell him about it and his face turned white. He said to me the same thing happened to him the year before.

Other hauntings by rd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lollypop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
You and your brother have been very lucky. Why on earth would you keep on driving when you have already noticed you're nodding off at the wheel? A personal death wish or an inclination to take innocent bystanders with you when you go? Sorry if this sounds grumpy--but a little common sense doesn't hurt in life!
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
He new it wasn't your time to go... Wow and it happened to your brother also... Excellent of your dad to protect you even after death... ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
***curtsying gracefully***
Wa'-do, Wa'-do, My friend. It is very good to BE back...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Yea! Welcome back, you have been missed WB!

Respectfully, (of course)

Rook
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Excuse me, Please.
Uh, Van- sorry. Nickideums?
I have just followed your ten last comments, and I tell you...
Sarcasm is a wonderful trait. To SOME it falls on deaf ears as it is not understood, or simply, MISunderstood.
Please keep in mind that this site is the accumulation of experiences of a WIDE variety of Peoples. All different ages, and backgrounds. If you would like to post a legitimate comment, please do so. But let's cease the sarcasm that makes it look as if you are encouraging people to go criminal.
Also...
If you make a comment such as "Orbs are evil spirits..." Could you please supply a bit of evidence, as MOST scientific studies have shown that there is NO SUCH evidence to prove that. Pokemon? <shaking head and pondering life>
Com'on...

Again, please excuse the interruption.

Thank you
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Thank you for sharing your story, rd! This is going in my favorites for sure. ❤ I think it's wonderful when our loved ones, or even a memory of them, returns to help us through parts of our lives.

Blessings,
DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
That was a beautiful story rd that comes to prove once again that death in its physical form is not the end of all things but the beginning of a more perfect existence.

I trully believe your father was there with you/for you that evening to protect you from harm.
JaimeLuv (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Aw it sounds like your dad is really watching over you! That's great that he loved you that much to stick around and make sure you were ok ❤
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
What a fantastic story, and no doubt some testimony to how closely our loved ones stay to us even beyond death. You're lucky in more ways than one.
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
wow, that was really luck! I think it was your dad watching over you... Peace 😊
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I truley believe that your father was there with you making sure that nothing happened to you. 😆 You almost wrecked! So thank goodness that a ghost was there to make sure that you stayed safe. (If that made any sense at all)

It is good to know that your father is looking over his family and still protecting it whether he is alive or not.

I am very, very sorry about your father passing away, even though it was so long ago. My granny passed away 14 years ago (she died two weeks after I was born) and I still cry about it and my grandpa died 41 years ago and I still cry. I hope that everything is okay with your family.

(I just realized, that this story took place when I was born! 😜)

Haha sorry for my gibberish.

Merry Christmas! ❤
CocoPops (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I bet it's comforting to know that your loved ones are still here for you and still looking out for you ❤
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Wow...That's a really cool story! Thanks for sharing! It made me smile. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: