You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: It Started Off As A Laugh 2

Real Ghost Stories

It Started Off As A Laugh 2

 

This incident occurred in November/December 2001. It is but one incident that occurred after a foolish Ouija board session in a student kitchen in London. A week after the kitchen incident myself and my friends were just about recovering from the incident of the previous week. We had all agreed or liked to have believed that it was a freak incident that occurred and it was maybe down to our imagination or our impaired senses due the amount of alcohol that we had consumed that night. My friend Zesh who had 'supervised' the Ouija board was still adamant that it was more than just a series of freak incidents, overactive imaginations or sheer drunkenness. It was during the week on a Tuesday night, myself, Zesh and Phil were in my dorm room completing an assignment which was due in the following day. As usual the three of us had left it to the last minute and we were pulling an all nighter in an attempt to complete it.

Phil is a year older than me and Zesh, so we look up to him as an older brother. Phil was not present during the kitchen incident; he was out with his girlfriend. We had told Phil about what had happened, as predicted he laughed it off as us being drunk and stupid. We made a start on drafting the assignments at around 9pm. It was a lengthy piece of work requiring 3000 words. The night seemed to passing very quickly and around 2pm we all decided to have ourselves a little caffeine and nicotine break. As we had run out of cigarettes and seeing as all three of us were a little more than peckish, we decided to go down to our local 24 hour petrol station which was about a 10 minute walk. The quickest way to the petrol station was through the back roads behind our residence along a street which was overlooking a big park on one side and an estate on the other side with small garages on the bottom floor. The petrol station was directly after the park and was situated in the middle of nowhere. Our journey to the petrol station was a normal uneventful affair. We reached the petrol station, purchased some food and our cigarettes and were headed back for home.

As we were walking down the street with the park on our left and the estate to our right, we saw a tall figure approaching us. The street was a straight one and it led to a set of traffic lights with left and right turnings. We would need to turn left in order to go home. As the figure was getting closer I could make out that it was a man and that he was quite tall about 6'3 or 6'4. He was wearing a hooded grey top with blue jeans and white trainers, but because he kept his head down I couldn't see his face. The man was walking oddly; it was as if he had a limp or he was drunk and struggling to keep his balance. As he came close enough to us in order to pass, he whispered some gibberish in my ear, at the time I couldn't distinguish it as a language or drunken mumblings. I guess seeing him walking off balance and the gibberish mumbling had led me to the definite conclusion that it was a drunken bloke returning from a night out. The man whispered as he was passing me and it took me a few seconds to process and establish why he had done that, as I turned around to ask him what he had said there wasn't any sign of him. We are talking a matter of 3 seconds between him whispering the gibberish in my ear and me turning around. Looking at the layout of the street, there was nowhere for him to have gone within 3 seconds. The park was on our left and the estate on the right, both of these places would have required at least 30 seconds to go to.

This freaked me out, I turned to Zesh and he whispered "don't talk just walk as fast as you can". It was obvious to the three of us that something wasn't right, poor Phil was confused and concerned. As we started walking quickly, we could hear another set of footsteps besides ours, we were the only people in the street at that time, it was 2.30am in the morning, it was quite enough to hear the wind. Besides hearing the footsteps I could sense something following us and a shadow figure lingering in the corner of my vision, but yet I did not have the courage to turn back and investigate. I turned to Zesh and asked him what it was, but Zesh replied "just keep going and don't look back whatever you do". At this point our quick walk turned into a jog and before we knew it we were running towards the traffic light. My heart was in my mouth and the adrenalin was causing havoc in my body. I was in fear of what would happen if this thing caught up with us. We could distinctly hear the footsteps still pursuing us. As I was running, I grabbed a religious pendant that was around my neck in my hand and started praying. This was given to me by my parents. It is called a tahweez and has holy writing on it. The purpose of the tahweez was to provide protection. It was strange because usually I never noticed that I ever wore it, but when I needed protection I subconsciously immediately reached for it. As we approached the traffic light we immediately turned left and ran as fast as we could. As we approached our residence we could no longer hear the footsteps anymore and we began to slow down as we approached the door to the residence. On entering the reception lobby all three of us immediately sat on the sofas in the waiting area so that we could catch our breath.

On returning to my flat the three of us sat down and discussed what had happened, we confirmed with each other what we had each witnessed, the tall man, the footsteps and the shadow. Zesh believes that my religious pendant is what saved us; Phil believes that we disturbed something. Deep down both me and Zesh had a feeling that it was linked with the kitchen incident. As mentioned in my last article, there were other incidents that occurred to all the people involved with the Ouija board incident in the kitchen.

I would like your thoughts and comments on this incident. I will hopefully soon post the other incidents involving Paul, Tim, Alan and Imran who were present in the kitchen that night.

Other hauntings by Quasar

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Quasar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Quasar (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-06-28)
Hi Lady-Glow, only just noticed the location as Sweden. When I submitted the story it was always down as The UK and London. Both accounts happened at and around the same location. Not sure why it states that. Hope that clears up your question. BTW would love to visit Sweden someday post Covid-19, on my list of places to visit.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
-2
4 years ago (2020-06-28)
Quasar.

I know that this is an old submission and, perhaps, it's too late to comment on it but since you are still an active member of the forum I would like to ask you something that I'm struggling to make sense of.

How come this experience happened in Sweden if it is the second part to your previous story which took place in the UK?

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4720

Both of your narratives make it clear that you were at/nearby the university dorm when you first played the OB with your friends and a week later came across the vanishing drunkard.

I don't discard the possibility of this discrepancy being a typo, but find it hard to believe such explanation.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-07)
Hey Quasar which religion do you belong to? And of course it was taweez which saved you guys...
Tunka (15 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
Interesting Story. Did you exactly put the Ouija Board (Pizza Box) upside down, cut it, put a paper clip on it, burn it, lock it away? I do agree with VoxMortuus that a Taweez is used for Black Magic, which is forbidden. But you have used it for protection, which I think a Taweez is used for. Other than that, I'd like to hear more from you. I have a feeling it EXACTLY has to do with the Ouija Board. Hope it ends soon!
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Oh you're Muslim? I guess as long as you don't do black magic you're fine. I'm Muslim too.:D
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
taweez isn't all evil as they say its a charm for protection as well, but I think people just uses it for black magic. I say you keep that charm because from your words it protected you so its best to keep it on.

I heard black magic is forbidden, but my older brother knows a guy who does such things. He said he saw him cast a spell that can vibrate small objects until they move. In my opinion its bad! Mostly to do with sacrificing for blood or something which is wrong. He told me of a charm the guy had. If blood were to get on it then it will conjure something up. I don't know if it is true or not and I hope doesn't apply your taweez.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you had quite the experience. I wonder if this may have been a very rare case of a real person having some sort of illusionary capability? I'm not really sure and that seems like a stretch, but you didn't mention that this person seemed transparent or ghostly in any way, so it sounds like a human to me... But obviously no one can move that fast, so it's all very strange. I'm not sure if this is really related to your Ouija experience or not, but I suppose it's possible.

Keep that Taweez on you! It sounds like it really does work.

Blessings,
DA
butthead (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
i think its probably best you didn't hear what he whispered, by the sounds of your story the odds of it being something pleasent are very slim. I'd be of no doubt that it is linked with the use of the ouija board.
One thing I learnt when investigating the paranormal was to never be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, in some way I think that a spirit can feed off such addictions or mind altered states, and can perhaps even identify the person as weak and vulnerable due to it.
Quasar (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Hi guys and thanks you for your comments. With regards to the taweez it was used for protection not black magic. But you are right in saying that taweez are used in black magic which is forbidden. The taweez was given to me by my parents since I was a kid and I said its function is for protection only.
CocoPops (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Regarding the comment below... I don't understand how it was used in black magic? He was using his pendant to protect him when he was scared and in danger, exactly what I would have done with the crucifix I wear around my neck. ❤
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Interesting story. I am especially intrigued by your use of Al-Taweez (charm) in protecting yourself. I certainly see nothing wrong with it myself as I use talismans too, but doesn't Islam say that the use of Taweez is haraam (forbidden) as black magic? Just curious.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: