You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hide And Seek Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Hide And Seek Ghost

 

My brother and I were going to spend the night at our best friend's house. It was a week before Halloween. Every time we spent the night at our friend David's house, we always stayed up late. It was about midnight when we went outside to play hide and seek. My brother and I ran to the back of the house and found a shed that David didn't know about. David was the seeker like always. As we were waiting for David, we saw a shadow at the other end of the house. It shouted something at us and started running to us. I went to the opposite side of the shed waiting for what I thought was David. It finally made it to my brother's side of the shed, so I ran out into the darkness. I realized that my brother wasn't following me. I went back to the shed to find my brother standing by the shed, staring into the darkness. I asked him if anything came back by him. He said no. He also said that he saw a shadow circle around two times and disappeared. It was odd because we both saw the same thing, but it did different things to both of us. As soon as we realized something was wrong, we ran back to the house. As we came to the front door, our friend David jumped out and scared us even more. We told him that we saw something back there and he said he saw something, too. We never saw anything else that night, or to this day forward.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZaneBrain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
That's an interesting story you have there! The shadow person probley just want to play with you! 😁 I wish you luck and God Bless You! ❤ KatieChan
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
When I lived in my old town me and my friends would play flashlight tag/hide and seek until 3 am xD
We ran all around town and it was so fun xD
Sometimes we'd hear whispers and footsteps like something was following us, but it was usually nothing and we've never seen anything like that:o
I would never go there again xD
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
I'm glad I didn't see it again! I would probably never go over there again.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
i am glad that you only seen it once because that is quite a scary story. But I have a feeling that if you play that again you will see it. Yes it does sound like a shadow person I have never experienced one my self though.

Princess123 x ❤
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
wow sounds different maybe it was a parent looking for you if it was gone right in front of your eyes then that different 😲
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
We played hide and seek in the dark several times and have never experienced anything like this. The night we went back to David's last week, it was so foggy when we went outside, we kept seeing things. Everyone was freaked out! (the day we went to David's house last week was the day before it got warm. The temp went up to 60 degrees F in winter!)
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Oh one of my old favorite games! Hide and seek in the dark... Used to be a whiz at that one! What strange things we find in the dark, when we are not even seeking! 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Sounds like either a shadowperson or a doppleganger. Nothing to be afraid of.:) Just a prankster spirit.

Blessings,
DA
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
It may have been a shadow person, possibly a poltergeist or possibly suggestive imagination but I wouldn't be too concerned with it. Whatever it was it doesn't seem to be harmful at this time. If it was something that meant harm, I'm sure it would enter the house and make itself known which it hasn't.
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Well, it shouted something playful, and its voice sounded just like david, spooky! That was one of the reasons we thought it was David. 😨
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
You said it shouted something at you, do you know what it shouted?
It's strange that it did two different things to you and your brother, maybe it was two different spirits, or one just messing with you guys.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Did you tell David's mum about what you saw, is that why she won't let you out?
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
That is a shadow person.
Just because they are black, does not mean they are evil.

Just ignore it if it comes back and if it gets worse, your friends house needs blessed.
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
I'm actually supposed to be going over tonight. 😭 I hope I don't see the ghost tonight.
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Thanks courtneyOMGG, I went back a couple of times and haven't seen anything. Our friend from the story, David; his mom won't let us go outside at midnight anymore.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
This sounds like a shadow person.
I don't know much about them, but he sounds as though he was angry, by yelling something to you and then running towards you.
Maybe you should sleep at your friend's house again, and go outside to the same place, around the same time as last time, and see if you can see anything?
Take care ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: