You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Forced To Play The Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Forced To Play The Ouija Board

 

Before I begin with the weird things that have been happening, I would like to ask a question, or better yet get some feedback.

When I was about 11 or 12, I was forced to play the Ouija board, yes, I was forced. I remember it moving by itself and feeling very nauseated. My question is this. Could I have released something and if so, could it be haunting me, following me?

As you all may know in recent posts I was planning a wedding, I've done it and now I am officially married! Anyway, some weird things have been going on and I don't know exactly what to think. In the last couple of months there has been an abnormal amount of flies in the restroom window. There is nothing dead there is no stagnant water, very clean. It's disgusting and annoying. My husband has searched every inch of the restroom and still he comes up with nothing. Other strange things have also happened. I am constantly feeling like I am being watched. My husband sometimes likes to stay up late and watch TV while I am lying in bed. I have this ugly feeling that someone is there with me. Showering has come to be a 10 minute ordeal because the entire time I am in the shower I'm constantly looking out so I make the showers quick.

Now, I don't think it could be the stress of "married life"; we were living with each other before we even got married, so it's not him nor is it the "married life". But, I've noticed that after we got back from our honeymoon, that's when things starting getting a little weird. We will lock the doors at night wake up and they are unlocked. Our cat Mena will sometimes sit and stare at me without blinking and it gets to the point where I have to shoo her away. Driving into our driveway, you can see an outline of someone standing off to the right. My husband has seen it and has looked for the person when we got out, but nothing. However, this is the strangest thing; I hear things, no, not in a mental patient kind of way, but sometimes just whispering. I can't make out what is being said or if anything is being said at all, but I can hear something. I will ask my husband if he hears anything and he says no. Sometimes, I day dream about little towns that aren't even here. It's kind of hard to explain and I am a little embarrassed by it, but I think of other places, other people.

In 2004, I went to an astrologer, when she completed my chart she was shocked, I was the 2nd person she knew that had a bowl, where all my plants laid to one side. She said that I was a painter, a male, very sad and lived in another time (whatever that meant). Now my thing is this, I know I am not crazy, but could something have attached itself to me? Because secretly, everywhere I live and everywhere I go, there is something there, to some it might be fun and exciting but it's gotten to the point where it is not as fun as I thought it would be. Could my past life be affecting me today? Could I have let something out when I played the Ouija board? Or am I just being silly?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennifertorres, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jennifertorres (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
[at] Thealoneone-Do you really want to know what happen to him? He killed his wife and killed himself, so finding him is out.
[at] Zander-I actually live next door to one now, I guess she has her issues like everyone else, but although lately things have been going bad for her.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
'She said that I was a painter, a male, very sad and lived in another time'
Basically you are haunting yourself, or a ghost is showing you information about your past life for some reason. This seems like the tows you dream of are from your past life.

The astrologist said that she had only seen 2 cases of the 'bowl' so I suggest you find this other person and then see what happens. Its fate.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Ouija Boards can be dangerous if used incorrectly, but it was so long ago that I don't think it could be that since your experiences have only started to happen. I think that when you went on your honeymoon something saw you and attatched itself to you. As long as whatever it is isn't hurting you then you should be fine.
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Ah, now that I have scrolled down, I see that this was an older family member. Was a right that it is a "she"? Hmmm... I don't know why I felt psychically that she had passed. I must apologize for speaking off the cuff about something so serious. My psychic impression was really strong about that. I would be interested to hear what has become of the cousins, yes.
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Jennifer--because you were forced by your older family member to play the Ouija during adolescence...YES, you had a gateway opened at a time when you were most vulnerable to be used as a "battery" to spiritual forces. I say this because adolescence is the time when spirits may most readily make use of any of us as "batteries". Now, if I read between the lines a bit, your feelings ARE that they are using you and that you have become vulnerable because of your anxieties about married life. You have said that there is no difference between your newly married state and your state of living together before now. However, I feel that there is, in your subconsious mind. I will give you an example. I once asked my mother when I was rather young what the difference was between being married and living together. Hmmm... She thought. "Well, being married is sort of like... Being buried alive". All dark humour aside, I want you to look at two things. The birthdate of the family member who had you play the board with them (her, isn't it?) and the date that she died. I think that you may see increase in activity around those dates, if not the actual inception of the reoccurence of activity as you have described it around those dates. Also, you need to purchase a book called "The Unquiet Dead" which will give you the procedure to remove the attached entities. You may also try a Spritualist or Pentecostal church for help. DO IT SOON!
Trustedsouls (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hello
I am going to repeat myself here. I just wrote a comment on freaktips story so I am going to tell you what I told him.

I am going to be 100% honest with you. I have what you call an attachment because its simple: I was stupid not to listen to folks on these kind of sites. Playing alround with the Ouija board my yourself is just as stupid then me going ghost hunting by myself. Everyone in the world knows that Ouija boards are a gate way. No one can say that their not. Its like EVPs. If you don't have a clue how to do it right then you can also open up a gate way. EVPs and things like that are gate ways. Your allowing something that you have no clue to come forth and speak to you. Your asking them to show themselves or say something to you. How do you know that who is answering back is a nice guy. Alot of folks do praying or some other religious thing before and after but I forgot to do that myself and now I am paying the price for it. It really isn't fun seeing things all the time. Trust me on that. It sure plays with your head alot. I was told by many folks that my attachment isn't and never was a human. What it is I have know clue. But it made me run right into a wall and smashed my two front teeth out. I have stubbed myself many time. What I am getting at my friend is NEVER ever do Ouija by yourself and pray to your high power before and after the game. Protect yourself at all times. Please learn from other folks mistakes so that you don't end up like us. You can ask the owner of this site or even some of this mods on here if am telling the truth. I am. There is a lot of danger in the paranormal world if you don't protect yourself before and after. If you have children like I have please don't bring anything home with you. It just doesn't hurt you it hurts you all. So once again if you need a few answers in life ask a real psychic not one of this wannabe that say their a psychic. If I am going to train for a fight in the ring I go and seek out the best trainer that there is. If I need to lose some pounds then I go to someone that lost a lot of pounds with a good program. Seek out the best to get your answers. Don't ever ever put your faith in a stupid board. Because that board could be the last time that you play with anything. This is just my 2 cents of this issue. Plus folks you can see some of my photo's on here. I just send in a few more tonight. DON'T bring home anything that you really can't handly in real life. You'll be sorry in the long run. I know that I am...

Now I know that your story isn't like my story is but my point here is that YES you could have an attachment. Most likely how it sounds you do. You just got marriage. What you bring into your home will not only play games with you but it will play games with your whole family. Go and seek help right alway and start thinking of blessing your home. But you do have to get help because if you don't. You'll end up like me or wrost. Died. Its the samething really."

My story is called on here MY HAUNTED WORLD
It doesn't talk about my attachment on here but if you would like to talk. Then you know were I am at. All the best to you my friend. Please be safe.
Godsrebelangel (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
So the board went to you? Well you should say a prayer like Graeffy wrote. God is powerful and will protect you. Have a bible with you and read stories in it. Itll might help you calm down. Clean every bit of your house. When a house is dirty spirits will want to be there. Please be careful and pray. May God be with you. ❤ ❤ ❤
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
DeviousAngel, yes, sometimes I get sad, happy or something for no reason, I didn't really want to say, because I don't want to be labeled as "coo-coo". Anyway, if you read the story about my little sister, Leslie, then you would understand she can sometimes, see things. I also mentioned that she may or may not be my dad's real daughter, if she is, then I guess we both got something from my dad's mom, and for what its worth, the stories I've heard about her, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Pav1243, I really wouldn't play with the Quija board again, sometimes it can just be plain bad!
PAV1243 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
wow... That's creepyy. I'm only 13 and I used the ouija board 3 days ago in school. I'm taking the elective psuedoscience and we tested the board out. I didn't want to do it at all because of all the stories I've heard. It didn't work at all which I was dissapointed at... But so far nothing strange has happened... I really hope it stays that way.
😭
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
altho I have to disagree with devious angel about spirits not being able to hurt you unless you let them I have experienced the opposite. I agree this is most likely not related to the ouija board and not a harmfull spirit or spirits but if you really don't want it in your home contact someone for a cleansing. Either a Pagan High Priest/Priestess or an LDS Bishop or Catholoic Priest or Rabbi or another person of your Religious Choice. A cleanising doesn't always work tho and at times can make things worse (will post my personal story of a cleansing gone bad. You can also try making a deal with the ghost i.e. It can't be in the bathroom while you are in there, it can stay as long as... Whatever you think you can handle. If it doesn't follow the deal it can be easier to get rid of it lol but some "things" you just can't get rid of no matter what you try
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
There is no need to feel embarrassed, everyone has these kind of experiences and sometimes they all think they are going crazy, when they are not, and that's why you should NEVER play with an ouija board, it's as simple as that!

Princess123 x ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
When I had dogs I always had problems with flies. I kept the yard cleaned up but let me make anything with taco seasoning in the summer and I would be inundated with flies. I mean hundreds would be trying to get inside filling the kitchen window and me freaking out and spraying Raid like a nitwit. If you have a neighbor with a dog they don't clean up after this might also be the case. When they say like flies on s...t they mean it. The other stuff I don't know about. They say some places are haunted and some people are haunted. Maybe you are just sensitive and it had nothing to do with your ouija board experience. Your brother experienced it too so that sensitivity may run in the family.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Hello again and thank you for responding, Jennifer! If you feel that the descriptions she offered you fit, then perhaps there was some truth to the past life story.:) As you said though, no effect on your current life.

Also, since you've felt that something has always been with you, I suppose that it's possible that something may have been drawn to you from the energy put forth to use the Ouija board. I don't think it really contributed to your cousins' lives though... It sounds like they were manipulative to begin with (in forcing you to participate or get in trouble for stealing). I don't want to make any bold statements because I don't know how they were raised or how they grew up...unfortunately, some people just end up leading less than positive lives. It could be related, but I doubt it, personally.

I also DO think you are an empath. Can you pick up on the emotions of others near you quite easily? Are you sometimes affected by emotions that you can't understand? Do you randomly feel sad or angry or even really happy without knowing why? It's possible that you could be picking up the vibrations of others' emotional energy. If that's the case, I do hope that you will take the necessary steps toward learning to shield yourself from that. It can be overwhelming if you aren't able to control it. There are a lot of ways to shield yourself... And instead of me going on and on for ages here, please feel free to email me if you'd like to continue this conversation privately. My email address is in my profile!

Blessings,
DA
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
DeviousAngel, thanks for your nice words. Ok, as far as the astrologer saying that I was a male in a past life, I believe it, there are things that she said this man did that I also do, but that's besides the point. I do however don't think any of that is affecting me now. To be honest, ever since the day of the Auija board incident, I have felt like something was there, and like you said, it's never hurt me or anything like that, but I do feel the emotions of whatever is there, does that sound strange? You also said something about the spirit being there only if we allow it, my cousins, like I said were really strange, far as I know, maybe they did know what they were doing, because like I said ever since then, there lives have been very sad and angry. I mean if I could go into detail of all the things that I have felt, seen with him, I am assuming it's a him, just a feeling. ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
The fly thing has happened to me before in my son's nursery, and we have a diaper genie. I think that sometimes flies just find their way into an area the find amusing and hang out there sometimes. And they might have been attracted to the smell of someone using the restroom, not trying to sound nasty, but hey everyone does it, and nobody smells like a bed of roses!
Sometimes there are hauntings of people, but it is hard to tell from what you've described if you are haunted, or maybe beings are simply attracted to you.
I hope your situation resolves soon! Good luck! 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Hello and congratulations on your marriage!

I believe in reincarnation, but I'm not sure if I believe the story your psychic told you about you being a male painter. I don't think it has any bearing on your current situation anyhow.

As for the Ouija situation, I don't think anything has been attached to you through that either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for the portal to open and for it to work, the people participating have to WANT it to work. Also, it would have followed you all throughout your life, not just now.

I disagree with anyone who things this is demonic in nature. It just sounds like a wandering or curious spirit who wants your attention. He/she/it hasn't seemed to do anything to hurt you so far, and I think the negative feelings you're getting may just be fear-related. It could also be that you're an empath, and that this wayward spirit carries a burden of emotions--sadness particularly, and the "jealousy" could be just because you're someone of the living world.

You did right by telling it to leave you alone. That's the best thing you can do. As I usually say to others, spirits can't hurt you unless you let them. Don't be afraid, stand up to them and remind them that they are visiting your home. If you don't want them there, they must leave.

Good luck!

Blessings,
DA
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
nmg5789, you make a good point about "it" being jealous of me. Last night I went to work out and my husband had to go to some meeting, when I walked in the door, there was a cold gust of wind that came from the side of me, it is cold here in Houston, but it wasn't windy. I just said "whatever you are doing, just stop for tonight, I am sleepy and sore, so just stop, ok?". I am not sure if it listened or if that wind was in my head, but it didn't feel weird or anything like that. So, that was my night. But I want to thank everyone who has offered their advice and stuff...THANKS!
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
First off I believe that Ouija boards are a very bad thing to mess with and I feel very sorry that you were actually forced to do it. I do believe that something could have been released and attached itself to you for some reason or another and maybe once you got married its a little jealous or something and wants to make itself known to you. I could be very wrong but I'm just speculating. I also do not believe in recarnation... So the part about you being a male in a past lif I do not agree with
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your story. As for your question regarding whether the Ouija board could have led something to be attached to you, it is a very real possibility. I have unfortunately experienced the same thing myself. If you'd like to read my story it is titled "The Period Of My Life I Simply Refer To As Ouija Obsessed."

I would also suggest contacting whitebuffalo as she is very knowledgeable about how to calm these activities down.
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Ok, I know a lot of you are asking how I was forced. The thing is, like I said I was about 11 or 12 and before this incident my cousins (who were about 2-3 older than me) rode our bicycles to the store and I ended up stealing a candy bar and a small bag of chips. When we got home they found out what I did, I started to cry when they said they would tell my dad, my cousin Nikki said that she wouldn't tell but I would have to play a game with them and at that time I wasn't to familiar with a Quija board. Dumb story but it's true! I didn't want to get in trouble for stealing. I don't know how the game was closed, I am sure that a bunch of 14-15 year olds didn't know what the hell they were doing, the cousins who were playing ended up having sad lives, kind of a long story but you can email me and I will tell you, it's ok because what are the chances of you knowing me or them? Now, as far as my restroom being well lit, I mean I can't really say if it is or not, everyone has their own definition of lighting, like I mean something could be bright to me and the next person might think it's to dark. So, I guess I could say that it is to bright, the restroom is kept beyond clean, the windows are actually new, as far as rodents and stuff like that, it could be a possibility, I won't rule that out, but when we've looked for things, we don't find anything. History on the house is nothing out of the ordinary... Built in 2004, landlord lives next door, a family lived there before we did, nothing to weird or anything. On Christmas, my husband and I went to La Grange, staying at the house was my brother and his new girlfriend, when we came back he said that he kept hearing this thumping noise in our bedroom, it could have been our cat or maybe he was hearing the echoes of fireworks being popped, he said it just sounded real close, like it was in the room, but he said it didn't scare him to much, he did say that he felt sad when I was gone, like me not being there at the house made everything so sad. Maybe he missed his little sister? Anyway, since we've come back from La Grange, nothing has happened, I mean aside from my brother hearing the thumping. Oh, also my husband thinks it could possibly be all in my head, I do have some books about paranormal, but I know the difference between the real world and I don't read them at night, most of the time I read those books at work, I don't have anything demonic in the house, I have about 3 bibles, so for him to say it's in my head, well I think he's wrong, because like I said I know the difference.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Jennifer hello and welcome back.

About the accumulation of flies, that I don't necessarily connect to the rest of the experiences, you should know that flies and more specifically, "humpbacked flies" reproduce in moist areas where food and water are present. They CAN become a nuisance in homes by flying across windows, TV screens, etc-let alone, restroom windows that provide them with additional moisture.

Check for faulty septic systems and clogged basement drains and most importantly, use a "dehumidifier" to eliminate or even reduce moisture and dampness in certain areas in your house. Also avoid the accumulation of wet organic matter in the roof/ground drainage sites by keeping them free of dead leaves if there are any.

Now concerning your question about Ouija Boards, I personally believe they can "open portals" through which our dimension is more easily accessible. It takes a very well prepared, knowledgeable and guarded individual to "manage" these sessions successfully that is why I personally avoid them.

Concerning the rest of the events at home, there's no question you have "others" sharing or better invading your space but for the time being I'm not sure about their intention. I'm more of a "suspicious" person until I'm proven wrong.

Unlocked doors may point to "attention" or "annoyance", the whispers even more towards an attempt to communicate, the shadow could be seen as an attempt to materialise and the presence in the bathroom might be seen as simply "observing" or awaiting but it is the intention of these visits that I'd be very skeptical about.

Also mind you that water or dumpness attracts not only insects but also spirits as it is a powerful energy field (in case these 2 incidents are connected).

I'd be researching the history of the house although I wouldn't be surprised if your visitor is not attracted or connected to the house itself.

Knowing a little about the background history might help but, I'd be seeking the assistance of a professional psychic/medium or paranormal investigation team if I were you.

Please keep us posted!
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
For the flies, well... It is possible that an animal, maybe a rat (although that damn stinks!) could have died beneath the floorboards, and when this happenened in my home (more than once grrrr) , I would be subjected to no less than 60 flies in the space of a week. And then a new batch as more maggots began to transform after eating its dead flesh. Is one thought, anyway.
For the worry of something following you? Of course that's possible, and I have read many times (and also believe) that without the proper protection & opening/closing of the boards (mediums work well for such things) then sometimes some 'thing' can cling onto you or follow you. Another thought though, is that you could have a super sensetive side you don't know about, perhaps a pyhscic side... Of which you can hear and see many things that are not of this world. A gift of which a medium is claimed to posses, for example, and they are not uncommon. I have had mediums in my home who have described to me in great detail of my (passed away) grandfather being in the same room, after dowsing rods and ouija boards had also told me of my grandfathers reguler visits. I know I keep using the word but I think you should talk to a credited medium, as to at least if anything remove this possibility that I just reffered too.
Wish you good luck & blessings in your quest for the truth
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
That does seem really freaky and I am not sure if the Ouija board had something to do with it or not.

I would suggest getting your house blessed.

Any questions? Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com
Starlight (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Very interesting indeed.
I've looked up as much as I can about past-lives, and maybe something could have followed you in forward, but I doubt it as well, we will never know though, now will we?

I suggest though, getting your house blessed and even going to your church or religious place and getting blessed yourself, including your husband if he or you wouldn't mind.

Also think back to the Ouija board, do you remember what it said or if it said something to you or anyone else in the group? Tell your pastor or religious figure.

Research the land as well and the previous places you have had the most experiences, who knows, you might be sensitive!

But that is for you to find out and for us to aid you in. Good luck and Blessings to your and your husband for the marriage.:)
weapon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
the government should band those ouija boards there very evil... I have been at partys in the past where people have brought it out to have "fun" yeah sure fun I always leave... Stay away from those boards
Graeffy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
not trying to scare you but flies have been associated with the devil. Now you should never mess with ouija board's...ever...they are bad news
Whenever you feel this presence around you say this prayer:
I command you in the name of the Lord to leave here and go back where you came from. This spirit or demon sounds evil
Try getting your house blessed and youself as well
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
How could you be "forced" to use a Ouija board, and how did they force you to do such a thing?
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
by the way it sounds like a demon or a large amound of ghosts look up the history of the land so you no what your dealing with 😉
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I am also curious as to how you were forced to use the ouija board. It's my understanding, and I very well may be wrong, that the people using it have to of their own accord. Could someone help me with this? So you have had these same feelings since you were 11 or 12? I'm also confused as to how memories of a past life could manifest as feelings of being watched, the two sound worlds apart. I think maybe you are dealing with a spirit that is trying to confuse you to increase your fear level. It sounds like its using the memories of your past life as a somke screen to hide its presence. I agree with courtney and Surya in you might want to get yourself and your house blessed/cleansed. God bless.
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
yes something can be following you try a smude or a cleansing if it don't work get a cathlic church to bless the house

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: