You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House On French Island 2

Real Ghost Stories

House On French Island 2

 

I'm including the description of the house in all of these in case someone hasn't read the first one: When you walk in the main door you are in a room about 24 feet square. There are two doorways on the wall directly opposite of the main door, one on each half of the room. The one on the left is to the living room, the one on the right went to my roommates room. The room is separated into two areas by a partial wall in the middle (not parallel to the walls with the doors on them, it goes the other way) that goes from the floor 3/4 of the way to the ceiling. This partial wall runs from one side of the room to the other with the exception of a 3ft walking space on both ends. The left side is the dining area, the right side is the kitchen. If you walk from the main room into the living room my bedroom door was on the other end. The bathroom was built into the corner of the kitchen beside my roommate's bedroom. That was the whole apartment.

The Second thing that happened.

One night around 11pm Liz was in the bathroom brushing her teeth with the door open. The bathroom was very small, only about 5ft by 4ft with a sink, stand up shower and toilet so needless to say, she was half out the door and half in the bathroom when she was standing there. She had her left side facing out of the bathroom when she suddenly saw a figure out of the corner of her eye come from the living room to the dining area. It was dark in the house but her bedroom light was on. The figure startled her a little, she first thought it was me. She finished brushing her teeth and then went to the dining area to ask me what I was doing but I wasn't there. Then she came into my bedroom to find me asleep. I told her I hadn't left my room at all.

She described it as a greyish white figure in colour and about the same height and build as me (5'7", 135 lbs). No sound or anything like that, just seeing it out of the corner of her eye.

Other hauntings by JaimeLuv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeLuv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JaimeLuv (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
rhodes68- That's what it seemed like to me too. This one made an appearance 3 times (saw her twice, then the rocking once) and each time it was just like she was just hanging out. Also the thing that struck me about the rocking is that the I heard it, I yelled for Liz, it stopped for a couple minutes, & then that happened twice more. It was only the fourth time it happened when I yelled out to stop because it was scaring me that it stopped for good.

Ghostlover13- Yes, it always seemed to just 'be there.' We saw this one 3 times and a different one once. I don't live there anymore tho so I don't need to get the apartment blessed.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Oh, here you are again-I'm glad I did't have to wait that long before I read your next submission 😊.

It sounds like a "past resident" probably attached to the rocking chair just walking about their old dwelling.

Although in your first post you said that each time you called out your friend's name the rocker stopped, I'm still unable to tell whether this is an intelligent or residual haunting.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
Hmm... Sounds like an innocent spirit that is just roaming the apartment. The spirit may not even know that it is dead!

Have you seen this figure elsewhere, or was it just a one time thing?

I suggest to look into the history of the apartment and see what you can find. It may surprise you a little.

Also, if you start to get too creeped out by all of this, get the apartment blessed.

If you have any questions... Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take Care! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: