You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grammy Agnes

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grammy Agnes

 

This did not happen to me, it happened to my mother. My Mum and my Grams (her mother) have always told me that my Great Grammy (Agnes-Gram's mum) always looked out for my Aunt Patty (Mum's older sister) when she was younger. Great Grammy died a year before Mum was born, when Aunt Patty was about 12 and their other sister was 9. Apparently Aunt Patty was always very close to Great Grammy and that's why they think she was looking out for her.

I don't know all of the stories, some they can't remember (just that there were things that happened) but there are two that I've been told. Also I guess she used to see her when she was younger too.

I don't know if these were specifically her looking out for my Aunt Patty. I think they might have been her just looking out for her granddaughters because the two stories, I've been told both happened to my Mum (both times she was at Aunt Patty's house).

The first one (and one I have more details on) happened one summer when Mum was about 12 (this would have been in 1975). She would baby sit during the day for my Aunt Patty at her house while Patty & her husband were at work. Aunt Patty lived directly across the street from my Grams & Papa in a small two bedroom house at the time.

The day that she was babysitting there was a terrible thunderstorm that cut out the power. Since my Grams was home across the street and my Mum didn't want to be at the house alone with the kids my Grams had told her to bring them over there until my Aunt got home.

The kids were Peter, who was almost a year old, Chasity, who was two years old, & Joe, who I think was around 4 or 5.

Peter was asleep in his crib in the living room so my mother decided to leave him in the crib and run Chas & Joe across the street then come back to get Peter since she couldn't take them all at once.

So she took Peter's bottle and put in his crib with him in case he woke up while she was gone. She says she remembers specifically doing this because it was almost time for him to wake up and she didn't want him to cry while she was gone. She set the diaper bag on the table so she wouldn't forget it when she came back and then grabbed Chas & Joe and took them across the street to Grams.

When she came back to the house Peter was still sleeping but the bottle had been moved from his crib and put in the side pouch of the diaper bag with the cap on it. She says she definitely did not put it there before she left and she knows that Joe couldn't have done it because he couldn't reach into the crib to get the bottle.

Mum & Grams think that Great Grammy was watching over them and didn't want Mum to forget Peters bottle at the house. If she had she would have had to go back over to the house in the rain to get it and she was already nervous to be in the house alone during the storm as it was.

Other hauntings by JaimeLuv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeLuv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I will refrain from further comment on this one for a bit...

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Well I could say the operative word here is "nervous". Not saying she didn't remember her actions but when freaked out we can do things and not remember doing them. This may have been the case. If it wasn't then she had someone looking out for her and the kids which is good too. I believe our passed love ones are never really far away. I believe there is a thin veil between our world and theirs and some are able to pass through and back again when needed. They are not stuck here. They are visitors which is better.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
I'm going to echoe Surya's comment by saying that it's always such a pleasant and comforting thought to know that our loved ones "observe" our lives and sometimes "participate" in it whenever they feel that assistance is needed.

Such conviction makes this strangely incomprehensible world a little easier to cope with...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
That is such a nice story. It is always comforting to know that there is someone looking out for us as well as looking after us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: