You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Don't Be Afraid, It's Only Granny

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Be Afraid, It's Only Granny

 

My Granny was a great person, who also liked to tease people. She teased my brother's friend, Tim, a lot.

I was sitting at the computer talking to my friends when suddenly a heard a loud bang. I went to investigate. I had to run out of the way, because Tim was running as fast as he could and he dived on the couch. "What is the matter with you?" I asked him. (Reminder: He was sixteen or seventeen at the time and I was about twelve or thirteen) "I...Just...Saw...Your...Granny!" He sputtered. "Where at?" "I was coming down the stairs and she was walking toward me!" I started laughing my head off. "Your a boob!" I told him and walked back to the computer desk. "I am going back upstairs when you go up!" He shouted to me.

One night, Tim told me that he was sleeping in my brother's room with the fan and light on and the television off. He woke up and the fan and light turned off and the television turned on. When he told my brother about this, he just told him "The power went off, Tim!" Tim did not believe him, because if the power went off, then how was the television turned on? (If that is possible for the power to go off and the television to go on, then please tell me so I can pass that on to Tim)

Tim also always runs away from her, terrified every time. It is priceless to see his reaction. Some days, I think that he needs to stop being afraid because he has been my brother's best friend since the third grade and they are now eighteen and seventeen. Tim does not come around that much anymore. They are still best friends, but he is rarely here. Is it because of granny?

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lalala123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
lol if I were yoru friend, I would be greeking out too.
Thats super scary stuff to be happening!
Lol
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Thank you everyone for reading my stories! It means a lot to me... It really does. 😊 ❤
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
ghostlover13 you said your grandmother liked to tease tim right? Maybe she pops out around tim because everytime he sees her he runs. So maybe your grandmother still teasing him? Somtimes when people pass on the things they liked doing or peronal objects they had, their spirit still wants to do or have that thing; for example my cousin passed away a few years back and I didn't even know him my two cousins saw him by the door with a white mink on. The door was slightly closed, but when my mom opened it all the way he vannished. I asked my cousins who he was and my younger cousin said that was my older cousin and he was wearing his favorite mink. Even after he passed he wore the things he wore most as a spirit. Since your grandmother loved to tease her spirit will also love to tease and since tim got teased often her spirit spooks him so she is still teasing him.
usefulidiot (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
in our house when the power is off the telivision is still working. I don't know about you
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
Hi ghostlover13,
Thanks for sharing another experience with us. Did your grannies teasing of Tim start before or after she passed away? As for Tim's reaction to your grannies spirit, maybe he had a (or several) negative experiences with spirits that he has'nt told anyone about. Your Granny sounds like she was, and still is, a wonderful person. A spirit with a sense of humor... Thats tha kind of spirit that I like to encounter. God bless. 😁
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
lol I have a friend, ike, that freaks at the word "ghost"... Lololololoolololololoooololol anywho some people just can't tolerate there being a presence or even believing that there is another type of being (if if it technacilly isn't a being but a paranormal presence, but you get the idea)

😊 ❤ 😊
Key2theafterlife
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Have you ever had an encounter with your granny? Seems like this poor guy is getting all the attention and doesn't want it. Not everyone is comfortable with seeing dead people even if they liked them while alive. Maybe Tim is sensitive and doesn't realize it? I would be the chicken as well being that I have never seen a full blown apparition and I don't know if I want to lol.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Thanks again for another wonderful story. I'm afraid I am with Tim. Even though my life has been filled with such activities, they never cease to send chills up and down my spine!

God Bless!
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
i think that mabey your granny is there but he is just a big baby and I wish I could see his reaction...
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Samantha_Kyles,
Lol It is okay. He is such a baby when it comes to ghost!

Rhodes68,
That is probably what happened then, it was probably just the power. Thank you 😊

Angel_from_heaven,
😆 He really does need to lighten up though.

Thank you for reading my story! ❤
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
No offense to Tim but he's a chicken and he sorta reminds me of my little sister Emily who's scared of Santa Clause! 😆 Maybe he really did she your granny! But he shouldn't be scared of ghosts because they are not all bad! 😊 ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Well, if you're convinced this was because of a spirit "messing with" the appliances, you know better but regarding your question if the Tv can turn on when the power's off, scientifically, YES!

Many appliances continue to draw a small amount of power even when they are switched off, like the TV.

Standby power, or leaking power or "vampire" power refers to the electrical power which is consumed by electronic appliances while they're switched off or in a standby mode. Thus, it is possible that at some point the accumulation of this power may cause malfunctions.

But then again... It is YOUR experience.

Thank you
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
I totally agree with everything Francois said. 😆 Wow, Tim sounds more of a chicken than me! No offense to him or anything...
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Granny, I have told him that before, but to him I am a stupid 14 year old. 😆

Thank you for reading my story! ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Francois,
Your big words confuse me. 😆 But I will pretend to understand.

By the way, you need to get on the chatroom NOW!

Thank you for commenting my story! 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Dear Jill,

Well, Tim's fear of ghosts is probably a factor in why he does not visit, it is plausible that Tim, due to the increase in age and responsibilities has lost time to go to your house.

I also agree that he should recognize the fact that not all ghosts are malevolent. Look at it from the ghostly point of view, ghosts were once humans, humans that we all knew and loved. One day in the far future Tim, you, I and everyone we know will become a ghost. If anyone is to blame why Tim is not visiting regularly, I blame HOLLYWOOD for its portrayal of ghosts as evil and unkind.

Thanks for posting

Take care and God bless

Sincerely,

Francois 😁 😁
granny (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
poor guy - but there is nothing to be afraid of - tell your friend tim that granny is wathcing him...love, granny

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: