You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Garage

Real Ghost Stories

My Garage

 

Before I start there is something you should know. I am not entirely sure that I do actually believe in ghosts. I have questioned myself many times on my beliefs. However, the fact that I am afraid there is a ghost present proves that I believe, even just a little, right?

I had been asked over the Christmas period to go into the garage to get alcoholic beverages out (we keep them there because it is the appropriate temperature). The garage is too small for cars to be parked in so we use it for storage instead. I went into the garage whilst my parents and their friends were still in the kitchen. The door in the kitchen leads to the garage.

I walked over to the fridge and started taking things out the alcoholic beverages when suddenly I got this feeling I was being watched. I ignored it, passing it off as fear of the unknown. I was in an unfamiliar place, as I do not go into the garage very often. However, I encountered the same feeling the next couple of times too.

The last time I was in the garage was the worst. I felt like someone was creeping up on me to make me jump. I wheeled around VERY quickly and there was absolutely nothing there. I am so scared I have to take someone or my dog in there with me.

Does anyone have any advice or explanations because it really scares me and it is starting to get silly.

Thanks.

Other hauntings by steph_western

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, steph_western, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
However, the fact that I am afraid there is a ghost present proves that I believe, even just a little, right?

Perhaps. One would think that the possibility of any kind of afterlife would be something to joyful about.

Perhaps there is something else afoot.
Perd (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
I think all of us have had times when we feel uneasy and watched, when I encounter something like that I always recite a little prayer that my meditation teacher taught me. "I am in a bubble of light, only light can come to me and only light can be here"...simply meaning: Angels, guardians, and kind spirits are light, they are surrounded by goodness and can bring no harm. The other aspect of that is of course darkness, if you do not allow darkness to be near you, you will remain safe, for the most part.

Another suggestion I have is claim your space back, once you work up enough nerve turn around and stare into whatever area you think this being is and tell him/her point blank; "You are not welcome here, you need to leave."

The more you fear it, the more energy it can draw from you, try to remain calm. 😁
gringabad (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I am glad you shared your story.
I think perhaps you are already scared of the garage. So you have got yourself feeling things that are not there.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I have a question. When your dog goes with you... Does he seem to act strange? Like barking at something you can see, or wanting to leave very quickly? I'm only asking because animals--especially dogs--seem to be able to sense or maybe even see things that we cannot
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Spirts was human before here after and also It can't hurt you cause it don't have power over you.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
We humans depend too much on the mind. If it doesn't make logical sense most times we dismiss it as being an over-active imagination. The thing is, your body can readily sense danger, often times the hairs on the back of your neck will rise. This is in response to the body perceiving danger even when the mind cannot. For example, you go on a steep roller-coaster ride. You probably get scared and scream and laugh nervously, but do the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and send your body into a state of alertness? No, your heart rate rises, you might even feel sick, but no super alertness, no tingling sensations, no rising hairs because the mind already knows the danger. Next time you are on a bus or in a crowded place pick out one individual and stare at the back of their head. They will turn around because they felt it. The body recognizes energy (especially menacing) before the mind has time to process it. Go with your instincts on this.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Thank you for your story, this may be nothing but a case of building nerves and a high emf field. (electro magnictic frequecy)

This emf field can make people feel as if they are being watched, it can even make the hairs on your arms stand up, or 'tug' on your hair... Think static...

You say that the garage is used for storage. What kinds of electrical things are plugged in out there, and how many? Where and what kind of lights are there in the space? Are the light boxes and switches shielded or plain metal/plastic boxes? It could even be the type of wireing used in the garage. All of these things can and need to be checked before anything paranormal can be considered.

I do not doubt how you felt, but any and all physical causes need to be elimanated before spirits can really be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: