You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gravity Hills Night Out

Real Ghost Stories

Gravity Hills Night Out

 

Three of my friends and I decided to do something unforgettable for once and not stay home, watch a movie or go out to fun places like we always do.

My friend Nancy mentioned that we should all go to Gravity Hill (let me just say that the time was 2:30am) and without hesitation we all agreed.

As we drove there, we were all very excited because we had heard so many stories about this place. But as soon as we got the turning point, I got a very uneasy feeling and so did the other girls (it was four of us in the car). Not to mention that the "KKK" meets up there in those same hills (people have witnessed them performing meetings and séances) so we had to be careful going up there. After thinking about it for a few minutes, we looked at each other and said "why not! We are already here may as well make the best of it"

We drove for a while to get up there, I thought it was about a mile up the pitch black hill but it turned out to be like five miles. We were so scared that none of my friends and I said a word the entire ride.

Upon arriving to this mysterious place, the first things you see are a cemetery and a big white building. It almost looks like an insane asylum in the middle of a graveyard. I swear to this day that I saw someone or something walk across the cemetery in front of us (sort of like a shadow or figure). I looked at my phone to see what time it was... It was 3:15am and to make matters worst there was no reception in all four cell phones (and we all have different company plans).

We stopped right next to the cemetery, turned off the car (but we left it on neutral) and waited in the pitch black. Within five minutes of sitting and looking around, the car started to move up hill by itself! We looked at each other in disbelieve, we got so scared.

I kept my eyes looking straight ahead because I was afraid to look outside the window thinking I might see someone next to me. My friend Nancy who was driving panicked and decided this was enough and wanted to get out as soon as possible. Let me just mention that we were in her new car that she and her husband had just bought a week before.

As she turned the car around to get out of this place, we drove slowly to see if we noticed anything lingering around (trying to be brave) and as we passed the cemetery she tried to speed up but the car would not go more then 20 miles per hour! Remember this is a brand new car, so these kinds of things should not have happened.

We were terrified and she was freaking out as well as the others, she had her foot all the ways down on the gas peddle but the car wouldn't budge. Our bodies felt heavy almost like the gravity was pulling us back, but we were far from the mystery point where the car moved on its own. I started to pray in silence because I couldn't stand the heaviness of my body and the fact the we were going nowhere at that speed.

Believe it or not the car did not go any further than 20 miles per hour for about a mile. We were all worried that the car would just turn off and we would be stranded in the middle of a pitch black hill with no phone signal.

Little by little the car started to speed faster, and once we hit the last turn to get out of the hills, my friend Cathy who was sitting behind me said that as we passed the last turn she saw a figure standing next to a tree so she close her eyes and started to pray until we got out of the hill. Our other friend just closed her eyes and fell sleep (she was a little drunk).

We finally got home and decided that next time we go to this place we will take a camera to see what we capture.

Other hauntings by looney85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, looney85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-26)
Bubblegum24 Thanks for the info. I haven't been back there since, nor have my friends. I don't know if anything else is happening. One of my friends said that is difficult to go there at night now because a lot of cops drive around all night since they know of the stories and locals have complaints of too many cars driving back and forth.

Looney.
bubblegum24 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Ok to start off I actually go to Gravity Hills a lot. That cementary that you talked about my uncle is burried there. We go during night times as well. That little place you were talking about there's like 2 one right on the cementary and one by it the one on the cementary is the office. The other well idk? My family and I had been going up there for about 5 years and seriously we have never seen any more people. Other than the workers and people just passing by in there cars. Yeah it is a bit scary especially when we would first go. But we had never seen any kkk around there. We've seen houses and all but never them. My cousin lives by those mountains and she says that she would see them do crazy activities but it's been a while since she told us anything new. I do believe they live there but who knows? Maybe they have specific days. Oh and the person she saw idk? There actually was a time when my uncle was just a few weeks gone that his daughter another aunt and I went up to pay him a visit. We were there for a while and saw a car coming his daughter and I both looked to see if it was anyone familiar but no. But there was like some sort of cubed rock wall and we could've sworn we both saw someone pass through there and through some trees at first I thought it was just me being crazy then my cousin said something about it and I knew it must have been real. But I still find it weird that we both saw the same thing
a1222222 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
Looney 85, not sure if you still comment but I noticed you were curious about the Roosevelt Hotel. I use to work there, so if you see this check my story out. Thanks be safe 😆
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
hobbyholly offence non taken but thanks for the concern, we know the area very well and we know a lot of deferent ways to get out of the hill and plus the cops go there specially at night (we were lucky enough to experience all the creepyness of the place that night with out any interuption from the cops) and like I mention before only one of the girls drank that night so trust me we were in all senses when this happened. We all love thrills is just how we are, and we only go to places we are familiar with. Again thanks for the concern.

The_haunted_girl1107, interesting story and quite creepy! You are brave for returning at night 😨 but I'm glad you are ok. If you return to this place keep me posted.

Take care ❤
Looney ❤
the_haunted_girl1107 (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
me and my sister went to a graveyard this summer, the first time we went was during the day, and it was still creppy, so much we decided to leave the car on (just in case)
The graveyard is about 70-80 years old, and there's one of those really old churches in the middle, most of the graves are normal, but the most recent was about 40 years old[eeek] the oldest was about 100 years old, [eeeeeekkkkk] but there were 2 mosoleums right next to eachother, my sister told me to go take a picture by one, so I went to stand by it, [hint:these are very very old graves so you could see inside[eeek]] and as I was walkng by I swear to god[i don't mean that litteraly] I saw something move inside it, I tried to ignore it, after we took the picture we left, we came back two days later, at night, and we didn't get out of the car, we were too scared, but we did take a picture, and you can see figures in the graveyard, 1 standing next to the mosoleum... Also the top light in the church was on, this church had not been used since the late 70's and it didn't have any electicity... That creeped me out...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
No offense looney85

There are some things you just shouldn't "play around" in for fun on a boring night.

One of those things: The KKK. I don't know about you, but the LAST place I want to go, is somewhere that a hate organization is at. Especially in a remote area where one is 99% likely to not have cell phone service.

You add alcohol to the mix (I know you claim you were not drinking) and heightened sense of fear...

Seriously, there has to be some where else you can go to get your kicks.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Dear Troyarn, I know I had to post this story in onother site because for some reason my family members in other states can open this page weird huh?
You would have so much fun if you ever go to any of this places just make sure you don't go alone lol!
Thanks for the comment. And I will keep you guys posted!

Keekee404, thanks for the comment 😉 I will let you know if anything else happens. I'm planning on going back soon, can't wait to get scare of my mind lol! ❤
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Interesting story. I read it on another site just last night and would have loved to have gone to this place (well, if I didn't chicken out).
Keep us posted as to what happens. I do agree with DeviousAngel on some things, but you never know...
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Personally I look at this story as if this road/hill has some sort of fault with gravity, someone probably made up a ghost story as an explanation/to make the hill scarier.

If you experience anything else, I'd love to hear.:)
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Dear Staaldak thanks for the sweet comment. I'll let you all know how it goes when I go back see if we capture anything. ❤

Mulder81 you are right! The fact the KKK people not only meet there, they live in those hills too! Now that's down right Scary! 😨 but I know we have to be very carefull. Thanks for the comment! ❤
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Great story! I love those kinds. I have always wanted to visit a cemetary like that. KKK there is even more creepier.
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Loved the story. Thanks very much. I'd love to check out gravity hill myself some time. Glad you're safe and good luck with your plans!
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Well DeviousAngel weather gravity hills are scientifically proof or not I just look at it as a fun experience to have a little spook time... I don't truly believe is ghost unless I see one but thank you for the info.
As for the KKK some of the people who have seen them they say is a séance, but then again I haven't seen them yet. Lol!
Also only one of my friends was a little buzz... She loves to drink but my other two friends and I did not drink at all that night. And we also checked the car to see if it was still on neutral and believe me it was Not! That's was scared us the most, plus the next day my friend took it to the mechanics and everything was fine... So who knows what really happened.
😁 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Alcohol + adrenaline + urban legends = scaring yourselves.

As I mentioned in another recent Gravity Hill story, there is a scientific explanation for this phenomena. When you put the car in neutral, you are actually rolling downhill. Try it in the daytime if you're scared to go back at night. Bring a carpenter's level (a liquid level with the bubble that goes to the middle when it's straight) and you will find that you are on a decline. It's an optical illusion.

As for the things your friends saw, I think it was good ol' paranoid hallucinations induced by alcohol and adrenaline. Just for the record, I don't think KKK does seances...they're a racist cult, not a religious cult. It's pretty common for cell phones to lose reception in certain areas, and as far as the car going only 20 mph, did you guys check that you weren't still in neutral? You can gas the car as much as you want and it won't go anywhere if you're still in neutral gear.

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: