You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Man In Black

Real Ghost Stories

Man In Black

 

Over the holidays I remembered this strange incident way back when I was younger.

I worked at a gas station when I was 19, in 1979; it was an isolated place just outside of town next to the freeway. So many times it could get busy and other times it is just as desolate as it looked. I worked part time after college until eight or ten at night. This particular night was slow and stormy; it was a cold dark rainy night in October. Sometimes friends would stop over to visit, but this night with the thunder and hard rain it kept everyone away. I was bored with only having a TV with three stations and a radio. I pulled my Buick in for an oil change as no business was coming my way. I found a radio station that was telling ghost stories, so I turned it up and got to work. I knew if a customer came the bell would ring as a car pulls in up to the pump.

I had the car up on the lift and was draining the oil when a visitor appeared inside at the garage door. I was not aware of him nor did I hear the bell ring. Then he spoke, "Hello sir, can you help me?" I dropped my wrench from fright of his voice; the sight of him scared me even more. He was right out of the UFO files and magazines where you hear of the "Men in Black", visiting you after witnessing a UFO. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt sporting a thin black tie. He also wore a black hat and had dark shades on. He was around 6ft, and looked pale and old. He kept his hand on his throat. He just stood there looking at me. The scariest thing is when he spoke it sounded mechanical. Then he spoke again in that robotic voice, "Can you help me sir?" He was a customer and I had to get a grip on myself and overcome the shock. I approached him. He was wondering about directions to a section of town. I could not get over his voice, figured with his hand on his neck that he had a voice box transplant perhaps from smoking, but it was sure creepy. I gave him the information and he thanked me. Still holding his throat and with a slight slouch he walked out the door.

I was relieved but still shook up. I then noticed something very odd. I realized that he was not even wet from the pouring rain. I thought to myself, "Is he a man in black and did I just give him directions to a UFO witness that just occurred, and now he has to give a visitation?" I then laughed at my thought and quickly looked out of the towering glass walls of the station to see him leave. Then the scary feeling lead me in total disbelief, when I saw no car, no headlights or tail lights, and the bell again never rang. I had to think to myself, how did he get here, and who did I just see?

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hitman47 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Creepy I saw a man in black once scary he pulled me up and asked for directions
Eufaula20092011 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
Dang, that's just creepy Mulder. That sounds like something right out of the X-Files. You have the right to be creeped out.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi mulder thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I would say I would be creeped out too! Well I'm sure you were very confused when he left. I bet to this day you realy don't know what happened. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
well, you might have encountered the third kind or maybe a lost soul? I imagined that you didn't went back to your work and just sit and stare outside thinking what was that and what had happened... 😁 you're right DeviousAngel, Creepy!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Very good story but I think he did have one of those voice box things and perhaps he parked his car near the station rather than over the bell and maybe he had an umberella you may have missed since you were so excited.
And then again, maybe not...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
That was a very strange encounter you had that night Mulder! I'm not surprised you saw no car or him leaving as that might have had some sort of logical explanation but to hear no bell ringing on his way in or out the door... That is alarming alright!
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
maybe he was an alien himself! I would be SO SCARED! You are definately brave!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
That is REALLY creepy. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm not really sure who or what this guy was... Maybe we'll never know!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: