You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man And Dog On The Guardrail

Real Ghost Stories

The Man And Dog On The Guardrail

 

I have had a strange experience that has happened more than once. I work the late shift in a hospital in the city and drive home early in the mornings around 7am. I have to get on the interstate and travel for about 10 miles to my home. Close to the entrance ramp I have seen a man sitting on the guardrail with a dog sitting beside him on the ground. He does not put his thumb out for a ride but just sits on the guardrail with the dog.

The first time I saw the man and the dog I thought how sad they were with nowhere to go. On getting closer, I looked out the passenger window right at the man and he looked right back at me. As I drove past him I looked into my rear view mirror neither he nor the dog were there. I slowed down a bit and looked in my side mirror, still nobody there. I brushed it off and kept driving. Months later I was coming on the ramp after work and there they were man and dog sitting on the guardrail. Once again I looked right at him and thought that is the same man I saw months ago. I drove past and looked into the rear view mirror, guess what, no man no dog.

This happened a couple more times and finally one morning I pulled over and stopped. I looked out the back window and got out. No man no dog.

I have always been sensitive to the paranormal and have seen some questionable things, but never the same thing over and over or people/ghosts in broad daylight.

Is this man just trapped in that spot or is he trying to get my attention? When he does get my attention he disappears.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I have other stories of strange things I have seen and had happen in the hospital I work in.

I will write further as I have time.

Thanks

Zukismom

Other hauntings by ZUKISMOM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZUKISMOM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
ghsthuntermk2
Good point, I seem to be a magnet for spirits since I was about 6yrs old. I do not look for them, they just seem to show up. I have had some crazy experiences in my life and most of them were not harmful, just odd. I have become so used to them it doesn't scare me. I feel like the movie (ya know) " I see dead people" They seem to like me for some reason. I wonder sometimes if I am supposed to be helping these people or just acknowledging their presense? Big Questions... Keep up with my stories, I enjoy your feedback it's interesting to get an out of the box response.
Zukismom
ghosthuntermk2 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
anyone else think that this could be a spirit that died in your er and maybe you was ment to meet him but didn't and now he wants to meet you and his message could of been save my dog or somthing I don't know weieder things have happened 😊
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
AMBER MOON PRIESTESS
I agree with your last comment. I also think he was a drifter of sort and he died there. The dog as loyal as they are stayed until his end also.
Thx for the comment.
Zukismom
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
I feel he and the dog both died there.

If I tuning in to the right vibe Hes a drifter that was hitchhiking in the area and a car came around the bend too fast and hit him knocking him over the guardrail. The dog stayed by his side until he starved. They are there to try to prevent anyone else from getting hurt.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Hello All
Yes VoxMortuss hospitals are the mother load of supernatural activity. I will share more of my stories about that. But in the mean time. The man doesn't seem a bit bothered by anything just sitting/leaning on the guardrail, but what PERD asked about the dog, thinking back the dog is always on his right side looking up at him, kind of like "Ok what are we doing now". I spoke with some of my ER friends here and they said with the area were in he could have been a drifter that had been hit there and never reported and the dog his companion just stayed with his owner until it died also. Like there pals until the end even in death. Maybe they guard that area to keep people from standing there and the same thing happening to them. I will check local paper archives see if I find anything.
Thx for all your comments 😉
Zukismom
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I'd love to hear about any experiences you had at your hospital, actually. I've heard they are carnivals of paranormal activity.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
If you see him again you might try pulling off onto the shoulder before you pass him and the dog. That way you can safely observe them without having to worry about driving. Keep them in front of you and keep your eyes on them to see what they do. And that's a safer place to try to photo from, too. Did you notice any details about the clothing the man wears or any details about the breed of dog? What part of the state did they happen in? Thanks for sharing.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
hello zukismom, don't die upon such things until they don't harm and leave the matter here it self, ghosts might be visible any time for any person btu don't take any action until it sounds like it harms you... Ghost psychologist here... 🤔
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
You said you looked at him and he looked right back, did he look as if he noticed you, or was he looking through you?...What about the dog, is he aware of the cars passing?

Seems like it's more likely to be a residual haunting, around the same time of day, same weather patterns, same area, etc. If he's taking notice of you then he's an intelligent being. Research, you could have a pretty interesting story on your hands. 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
It very well could be a residual haunting and you are sensitive enough to see it. I wonder if anyone else has ever seen it? Only way to find out is going through back issues of the newspapers. Most are on line now and you may be able to search it as a accident that happened to a pedestrian and a dog on that stretch of highway. That may narrow down your search. Would be interesting to find out if such an incident took place.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Hmmm... After seeing your last comment, maybe he is there as a warning to drive safe. Maybe since you slowed down to see him, you missed being in an accident. 😊
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
You know after reading all of your comments
I agree that the man and dog may have died in that spot and are kind of stuck there. Also
He did seem to be dressed maybe late 60's kind of hippie like. I am sure there have been to many accidents to count on that stretch of interstate it is right in a very bad curve where I usually see him. He doesn't seem to be TRYING to catch a ride he just sits there like he is relaxing or something. Anyway thanks for all the help and comments. I think I will keep a camera in the car just for such moments.
Blessed Be to all
Zukismom ❤
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
It sonds to me like a residual haunting since it has not interacted with you. Have you heard any reports of fatal accidents in that spot? God bless.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Yeah, Silly123 has a good idea but while your taking the picture, don't forget to keep your eyes on the road 😊.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
I agree with silly123 try capturing the man and dog on camera. If you get it you will definately have to show us!

I think that maybe the man and his dog was killed in an accident on the high way, maybe his car ran into the guardrail at that exact spot and that's why he always appears there.

Does he appear to be older, from another time period, or in pretty modern dress?
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
That is very odd. Next time that it happens, record the exact time and Temp, pressure, day, moon phase. Trying to find a pattern...
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
This is very interesting. Since you are able to spot him four times, it might happen again. Carry a camera with you so that you can take a pic the next time it happens again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: