You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers In The Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In The Basement

 

This is about my mom when she was around the age of about eight or so. She lived up in New York in Rockland County in a very old house at the time. If you were to ask any of her family members they'd all tell you that it was definitely haunted with more than one ghost. There were three or four of them she said, since it was years ago she can't remember the exact amount. Sadly not all of them were friendly.

During any time of the day whether it is during the morning, evening or night, she was afraid to go down into the basement. Sure some basements are scary but this was different. She learned to iron clothes at a very young age and she would iron the clothes down in the basement. One day when she went down there to iron and she heard two men talking. She couldn't hear exactly what they where saying since they were whispering but she could tell it was two men.

All of a sudden it felt cold and she knew then that these men were ghosts. It doesn't get cold during the summer even if you're under ground. She freaked and ran up stairs. When she got up stairs the door slammed shut behind her without her even touching it. After that she never went down to the basement again. That night she went up stairs to change into her pajamas, she was home alone once again since every one went out. Suddenly she heard chairs moving across the floor in the kitchen.

She got curious and went down stairs to see if someone had come home early. When she walked into the kitchen everything was the same as at had been besides one of the chairs. It had been at the table but some how it had ended up five feet away from it. She didn't pay any mind to it and thought it was just her imagination so she moved it back to the table and went back up stairs. Once she arrived in her room she heard it again and figured that it definitely wasn't her imagination this time.

She went down to the kitchen again and found the same chair away from the table by five feet again. She automatically thought back to the voices she heard down in the basement and freaked out again. She ran up stairs to her bedroom and like any eight year she hid under her blanket thinking it would go away after awhile. She fell asleep while waiting for someone to come home that's how her mom found her. Her mother had been scared since she was gasping for air in her sleep from lack of oxygen.

This is all my mother could remember from that experience but she's had many more some not very pleasant since not all the ghost were very friendly and found out a few years later there was a demon after her. But that's another story for another time.

Other hauntings by AngelSeeker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelSeeker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
It's demonic. The wispering is called 'magical wispering', and is the beginning of the infestation stage of demonic oppression. Catholic Holy water, blessed salt, the Rosary, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Confession, and prayers to both Mary and St. Michael the Archangel are in order here, as most of the posts herein. Dukes2352atAol.com
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
The house we lived in last year wasn't very welcoming me and my mom didn't like the feel of the place. I posted a story from that house. Most of the people said I was dreaming but I don't really think I was because sometimes after a nightmare I think I see the thing in my nightmare across from me but I blink and then its gone. But when I blinked it was still there reaching out to me. The story is called Demon or just Crazy? If your interested. I plan on posting more stories from that house we lived in. Thank you for the info sejadasgirl.
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Any thing negitive feeds off the negitive energy that comes from you. That is how it gets its power. I think your mother was taking up residence I a place that she was not welsomed. Now f she still senses the same things then it is possible that the evil spirits attached its negigtive energy to your mom and thsts how it follows her.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
She had a hard life as a child wasn't the greatest unlike most kids today she didn't have much. 😢
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Boy that wasn't very nice that an eight year old should be home all alone! 😕
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
Yeah the medication doesn't help all that much it does to a point but she's whispers to herself claiming she's talking to them in her head. She has been cleansed but its said that the devil goes after those who are weak. And I'll try to put up the demon story sometime this weak for you gruntman.
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
That story has to be one of the more interseting ghost stories I've heard. I have to say when I think something likle a chair, shoe, etc. Moves I just automatically assume it my imagine too. If you mind I would like to hear more of your ghost stories, epecially the about the demon.
-Gruntman
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Has your mom been in contact with anyone who has lived in the house since?...Would be pretty neat to see if they have had experiences in the house, or wether it was something that just plagued your mother and her family.

As for your moms older sister, has she spoken to a priest and thought of having herself cleansed?...It doesn't seem like something medication would help any.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Yes one of her older sisters did. She heard voices and well now she's on medication she says she believes she has the seven serpents in her head. She walked into a church once and as she did the priest said he sensed somehting evil just come in.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
I can imagine how terrifying these events had to be for an 8 year old. Sounds like they did have something going on in that house. Your mother may be a sensitive and that's why it's plagued her most of her life. I don't know if any of it is demonic being that I don't believe in such things but I do believe it could have been a spirit or more than one residing in the house. Did the other children in the family experience things too?
Live4more143 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
did she ever look ino the history of the house?
I mean, I know she was only 8 during the time this story took place, but later on in her life.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
This was years ago seeing as how she was eight. It could have been blessed by now.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Sound Creepy about unfriendly spirits. Should do something like Cleaness the all over the house to get a spirits out of there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: