You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Crying Female, Mysterious Door Opening, Long Lost Picture

Real Ghost Stories

Crying Female, Mysterious Door Opening, Long Lost Picture

 

This is actually three stories in one.

The first one happened to my mom just recently a few weeks ago. My mom stays home with my son who's an infant while I am at work. My brother is currently home for college break, but he works all the time as does my dad so most days she is home alone for about 5-6 hours. One day while I was at work I called her and told her I was not feeling well and that my brother was going to pick me up on his way home from the mall. She had fallen asleep with my son and suddenly she woke up to hear what sounded like a female crying. Since I told her I wasn't feeling well she assumed it was me. She called my name, but there was no answer (as I was still at work, but she did not know it at the time). She was concerned so she got up and looked in the bathroom and my bedroom, but she could find no explanation for the nose, because there was no TV's on or radios on in the house.

I'm not sure if this could be a coincidence, but a few days later her aunt went to the hospital because she was having heart problems... Could it have been her crying? Maybe a premonition of what was to come?

My second story also happened to my mom always while she's been home alone, and more then once. My grandma's house is right behind us and she has a tendency to come over unannounced so when the back door opens and closes, which is in our kitchen, my mom assumes is my grandma coming in and she yells at her name and says hello, but never get a response. She has gotten up to look a few times and no one is ever there. She will call my grandma and ask her if she had come over and she always says no.

The third story just happened about three weeks ago. My dad was cleaning out our couch and he found a photo of him and his mom, which has since passed away about 4 or 5 years ago, taken when he was a little baby. The picture is fairly old--considering he was born in 1955. That might not sound strange... But the last time he saw this picture was years ago in the backroom upstairs. Our backroom is FULL of junk and you have to go through many boxes to find old pictures that we have stored up there, especially a specific one. Also my dad has cleaned out the couch many times too since the holidays were coming up and such.

Now we do believe there is at least one ghost in our house--possibly my mother's grandma since she lived in the house her whole life, so our house is very old--if not more. I've never felt any negative feelings, but when things happen it always gives me the creeps. I told another story of its presence in my story My Rings. As far as I know nobody in my family has seen anything, but we all have had strange occurrences that are just too much to be mere coincidence. My son, who is 7 months old does seem to stare up at the corners of the ceilings a lot at something that no one else can see and smile and giggles as do our 5 cats. My dog doesn't seem to notice anything which makes me believe he does not feel threatened in any way of whatever is in our house... Maybe they can see what's in our house?

I hope you enjoyed reading my stories and if you'd like to hear more let me know!

God bless!

Other hauntings by nmg5789

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nmg5789, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mattnjake09 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
ok so it could be her, but wait. Your five cats smile and giggle at the corners of your ceilings? Wow that must be amusing to watch!
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
very interesting story,
Iv read it a couple of times and really like it. I think your mother definatly has some kind of sight or energy about her
Thanks for sharing
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Well it could have been a cat but they sound more like a baby crying than an adult. The back door sounding like it's been opened when it hasn't opened is another sound phenomenon which may warrant a visiting spirit. Who it is, is the question. My son as a baby in our first apartment use to look at the thermostat and laugh, coo and talk gibberish. He didn't do this to anything else in the room just that same spot over and over. It was a plain dull gold metal theomostat and there was nothing around it that should have attracted his attention. No pictures nothing like that. While we never had any oddities happen there, there was a murder there a few years earlier when the place was a barroom before being turned into 2 apartments. Was my son seeing the spirit that passed on there? If so, he was not frightened by it but loved talking to it. We never did figure that one out.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
If it is your mom's grandmother, that would not explain your father finding a picture of him and his mother. As for your son, it is said, from the time a child is born up to the age of 5, they are seeing things from their past life. They will smile or cry whilst they are sleeping, say strange words, or sentences, look towards different part of rooms and stare followed by a smile or crying.

How close is your mom to her aunt, maybe she did pick up her aunts pain, heard her crying, it happens.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Sound interest Story and Yes I would like to read your other story more of items seem like a maybe a good Spirits in your home that don't feel treating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: