You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My High Rise Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My High Rise Ghost

 

In October of 1999 I moved into a new flat. It was the fifth place I had since moving out of my parent's house two months after my 19th birthday and it is the first place that felt like home. I felt at ease as soon as I walked in and took the flat straight away.

On the first New Year which was the millennium, I was walking down the hall when I heard a soft voice saying happy New Year. I don't know why but I said it back and then felt something brush my cheek. It felt so kind it filled me with a kind of peaceful warmth. After that I would hear things creaking mainly in the kitchen. I would see things out of the corner of your eye.

The strangest thing happened with my now husband was staying over. This was his third time staying in the flat. I said I was going to have a bath so he sat in the living room watching TV. When I came back into the room he looked a bit freaked out and he swore that he had heard the living room door open, heard someone walk behind the sofa and go into the kitchen. He said as he thought it was me he asked if he could have a coffee when I did not answer he looked into the kitchen and saw the light was off at which point he got up to check and swore blind to me he felt something brush past him. I asked why he thought it was me as I also had a flat mate and all he could say was I don't know it just felt like a woman!

I don't know what or who was there with us but I do know I miss it as I said it was the first place that was a home to me and sadly I had to leave it exactly three years after moving in as I had to move to a new town due to work commitments. I've had three houses here and none make me as happy as I was there.

There was one thing I will add to the end of my story. The street was called Belleview Avenue and before the high rises had gone up there had been a row of tenements which got pulled down and it was only after moving there that my dad told me that his Gran had lived in those tenements until she passed away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

trina (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Thank for all your comments. I have had many other experiances in my life which I will add later I just put this one first because it reminds me of a happier time. I have another one involving a house when I was much younger and talking about it still gives me the shivers 😨
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
As I've come to learn, its not the building that's haunted, but the land on which it sits.

Perhaps it was your Gran, or maybe just another woman from one of the previous homes sticking around to make you feel comfortable. Maybe she knew that you needed a place to call home, and felt that was the right one for you at that point in time. Perhaps whoever it was had chosen you, and made sure that you were the one they were connected to. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Unless other people spoke of weird happenings in that building maybe that visitation was meant for you being that it was a relative of yours. How wonderful if it was. If not, at least it was a pleasant spirit and didn't mean any harm but gave out good vibes. It's nice to hear a positive ghost story. Thanks for sharing.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Great, Sound like a Loving Home and saying new years Made me wish I live there and have a love and warming place that are Friendly.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Hi and welcome to YGS. It is a shame you had to move from your flat due to work commitments. I did wonder whether the woman was youor father gran.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: