You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Strange Noises And Events

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Noises And Events

 

Let me begin by apologizing for this long story. To preface, I'm currently 28 years old, and a devout Catholic who is very spiritual because of some of my experiences that have been going on since I was young. I never played with an Ouija board, never was into the occult, Wicca, etc. I don't know where to turn, and don't want people thinking that I'm crazy; I'm just looking for answers.

When I was younger (5-6 years old), I always had a premonition of not being alone. My brother's room, I was convinced was haunted by someone or something. While growing up, strange things would happen to me like having lego thrown at me or a plate drop from a wall over a door onto me. Strange shadows to the corner of my eyes. This all culminated in one day. My family and I were once having dinner when I saw a shadow pass through a wall in our kitchen. Up until this point of my childhood, I thought I was crazy, but everyone saw it. We talked about for a bit and then it faded into memory.

My parents then built a house, and things were quiet during that time. After we moved, the feelings returned, but were not as pervasive. Some of our pictures would have what I would later describe as orbs on them. I say not as pervasive, because, maybe I got used to the noises, seeing things in the corner of my eye, etc.

One day, my friend and I were listening to music in my room as most teenagers did at that time, when an orb of light appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the room and moved to the wall and disappeared. My friend got scared and ran home. That very night I had some very strange and scary dreams of my basement. I recall the dream vividly of a baby undergoing some ritual. I got scared and woke up. At that moment (around 3 or 4 am), my whole family heard a loud screech coming from the basement. None of us got up to see what it was but just talked about it the next day. After this, I was terrified, and hid under my covers. I could have sworn I heard dripping around my bed. The next day, my friend (the one who ran out of the house), my dad, and I went down to the basement to ease my fears. We would feel cold spots here and there, and when we got to one end of the basement we looked back towards the other end, and the strings for the lights (they were the pull type) were all swinging in unison. All of the windows were closed, and we could not explain this. It was from this point forward; my friend never came back to our house again.

I began to get intrigued by this. I was convinced we had a ghost or some type of paranormal phenomenon. I read up on this matter, even visited Bachelor's Grove Cemetery to gather information. During my trips there I would have almost the same feelings as I did in my house, except the feelings there I would describe as sorrow, and almost like being in a party that no one invited you to.

As time went by, various things would continue to happen in the house, doors opening, the sound of footsteps going up and down the halls, almost like someone was guarding the house, things darting out of the corner of my eye, strange feelings. The thing that alarms me is that I previously thought this was associated with me, but my family, mostly skeptics, is noting strange things happening when I'm not there.

I recently purchased a house. It's a two story, and have noticed some very strange things. There are times where I hear the floors creak on the second floor as if someone is walking upstairs. The strangest thing is that these creaks respond to my guests or me. My fiancé and I were watching movies, and would hear this creaking noise. She would say, now, that would be weird if we all of the sudden heard a creak in that corner of the house. Low and behold it would happen.

I tried yelling once when I was alone to stop it, it stopped the whole night. I'm also starting to hear children laughing in the distance. I talked to the previous owners who had young children and they claimed that nothing strange ever happened there. No one died, no suicides, but I don't know how much I could believe since there was a Bible in every room of the house. I recently blessed the house my self. The noises stopped for a bit and then continued.

My question is: Is it possible something has been following me? I was once told I may have some psychic tendencies, is it possible that someone is trying to communicate with me or that ghosts are drawn to me? Could you have your own personal ghost? Is this a guardian angel? Then how could I explain the demonic images of the dream.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Ok to answer your questions... Yes spirits can follow you. If you have a gift (I believe everybody does but you have to pay attention to it) then from what I understand we have a glow to us and it attracts spirits. About guardian Angeles, we all have them but I would believe they would tell you they was your angel. They wouldn't be making sounds and scaring you. You said you yelled once to stop and it did why if I was you ask it to leave and go to the lord Jesus Christ. Ask it if its looking for help from you that is all you can do for it, its God's job to help it find piece and happiness again. About your dreams, the mind is a very strong thing. For example: think very hard that you leg or something is wrong with you well the next thing you know whatever you thought so hard on you will really feel. Have crazy dreams too. But if I was you as you mentioned Bible's was in every room, If I was you I would put one in every room and try putting one under you pillow and keep it there always. Let me know if I helped any please. God bless. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hello Mark and thank you for sharring this story with us. I will be repeating what others probably said because I haven't read the post. I believe and I KNOW that its possible that spirits can get atached to people. Just like spirits get attached to objects, houses ect... So I think that there is a big chance something is attached to you. Know the question is who is attached to you. Did you find any answers when you researched your first house? Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Hi Mark.

I read you story three times believe it or not. You asked a few questions.
Is it possible to have something follow you? Yes it is.
Mark we all have psychic abilities, for some it will stay dormant, inactive throughout their lives, for others is it active.
Can we have our own personal Ghost? Yes of course we can.
Angels, Mark we all have an Angel. An angel that is waiting for us to ask for it to help us, guide us.
As for demonic images - I believe do some extent these represent a dark part of oneself, ignorance, negativity, also a link to real emotions.

The first think I would recommend is cleansing your property. There are many ways of cleansing / smudging. Rhodes has recommend Shane's article.

I would recommend buring some incense,. More specifically pure red sandlewood. Although it is used for paryer, it is also used purification and consecration, it is also soothing,calming, sandalwood aids in the healing of deep emotional wounds and the re-connection to our spiritual self. Burn this in the morning's, walk throughout the property clearing any negativity and unwanted energies. It has to be pure. If you cannot find any please email me.

You could also try using the power of the Crystals. Crystals work like tuning forks to bring back your original notes and harmony. They are tools for profound change in our lives and are excellent allies for those interested in spiritual self-development, as well as for those looking for help with existing physical, mental or emotional conditions. The energy and essence of the stones you have in your home and surroundings will effect the energy of your home and the people in it. Crystals and other things in your home can absorb and hold emotional memories and energy from events and people who come into the space. Crystals will clear themselves over time but they sometimes appreciate your attention, care and kindness. Arrangements of stones in the home can help maintain clarity and wholesomeness of the home's energies. They can also help reduce the effects of stress and electro-magnetic pollution. You can use arrangements of crystals in your home or garden to help keep the areas energy clear and to call in desired energies. They can be part of the decorative features while providing energy or can be placed out of sight if you do not want them visible. Crystals can absorb, repel or transmute unbalanced energies and set the energy note or tones of a room. Your choice of stones will help make the area more suitable for whatever purpose you use the room for. An arrangement of crystals or a single stone can also provide a focus for meditations. It is quite common to place a stone or crystal in each corner of a room or of the house to provide basic clearing and protection.

I have crystals in every room in my flat, they have calmed a lot of the activity that was going on in and outside my flat. Again if you want more guidance with crtstal healing, email me.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Thanks for responding Mark.

You're asking probably the most difficult question. You will eventually HAVE to accept that energies of the spirit realm will be approaching you from time to time. If these visitations remain "innocent", "harmless", it might be an easier thing to accept them as long as your "own people"-the ones you share your life and household with can also learn to live with them but my question is what if along with those innocent ones something or someone else comes along one day? What if the energies are not all benevolent in the future?

You say you feel that a negative energy might be there with you. What makes you think so? If this IS the case then it won't be easy or possible to simply accept its presence and share your space with it.

If I were you I would attempt to get familiarised with several cleansing practices. I would put up religious items that have significance to me around the house and try to "mark" my territory. There are suggestions on our site and more specifically in Shane's article as to how you may cleanse and protect your space.

Surya can also offer you a lot of advice about crystals and you can also seek the advice and hopefully protection of your church.

Whitebuffalo is another member you could ask for cleansing practices.

I would not advice you to attempt to contact whatever forces are there unless you know what you are doing.

I will contact Surya myself and ask her for her insight and advice.

Keep in touch. If you need to contact me personally, my e-mail account is on my profile.
Alex9494 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I think it is somewhat safe to say that something is following you. Don't think it to be malicious because if it wanted to hurt you it would have a long time ago. I would most likely recommend that if anything were to ever happened to never give into the ghost. I am not a religious person but it seems that the substance of that matter is real... Very real to these ghosts. So if anything ever attacks you conjuring your faith and reciting something like "The blood of Christ." is said to work very well at the moment.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Thank you Rhodes68 for your response. I agree with your perception of me. When I was looking for houses, it was difficult because I would get uneasy feelings in certain houses. I couldn't explain why, you could have a perfectly nice looking house, but something about it, call it instincts, or what you want, would push me away. For some reason, the more I become aware, the more experiences happen. I'm just afraid of an evil entity somehow following me, for that matter, I don't know if I have one already because I guess they're deceptive.

Should I ignore the noises? Or should I accept them for what they are?

As for the other comment, I live probably 5 miles away from Bachelors Grove. I don't think I have ever gone there and not had some strange feeling of being light headed, having chest pressure, seeing things out of the corner of my eye, or capturing something on film.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Sorry for the spelling errors.

"psychological" not "phychological" and "acknowledgement" not "aknowledgement".
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Where about in Illinois do you live? Bachelors Grove...I've heard A LOT about that place
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Now this is the reason I believe that early Poltergheist phenomena are not merely phychological manifestations but first of all, include the presence of spirits and most of the times they seem to manifest around people like you Mark-that is people whose sensitivity makes them "beacons" that attract what's on the other side.

If I've confused you, I do believe that the first experiences you had involved Poltergheist and that your ability to see what is intangible and not of this world can then account for the later experiences you had and obviously still have.

You CAN see, hear and feel them and that is what the whole thing is about...aknowledgement.

It is not the particular house or a particular history that makes a place "haunted". It is the "individual" that can sometimes be followed wherever they go adding a new chapter in history.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: