You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Sea Of Voices In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Sea Of Voices In The Night

 

I had just gotten home from a friend's house and was in my bed and cuddled up ready to go to sleep in a flash. I was extra tired that night for whatever reason, but that's beside the point.

I was laying in me bed, the television off, drifting into sleep but still very much awake and aware of what was going on around me.

Suddenly, I began hearing faint but very clear whispers in my right ear (the left side was laying on the pillow). The whispers got louder and louder, and grew into straight up voices. And it wasn't of one person, but of many, many people.

You know when you're sitting in a crowded movie theatre, just before the movie starts and everyone in the theatre is talking and it's just a loud jumbled sea of voices... That's what it was like.

They got louder and louder as if they were coming from the television, which was off of course. Finally, I swiftly jumped up off of my pillow and the voices abruptly stopped and the silence was so thick I could slice it with a knife.

I brushed it off and laid my head back down on the pillow. Within a minute or two, the voices started again with low whispers and grew into a loud clatter of voices in seconds.

Again, I jumped up off of my pillow and the voices fell completely silent in the snap of a finger. I couldn't make out a single word that was being said, it was just a sea of jumbled voices.

Again, I lay back down on my pillow but this time the voices didn't return. I drifted off into sleep and the next morning was puzzled at what had happened.

Other hauntings by ant1111

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ant1111, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Very interseting story. Was there anybody else in the house? Did you ever hear them again after that?

Tori ❤
Denise1989 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
I usually hear voices or sounds when I am drifting up to sleep. It is usually someone saying my name or someone knocking on my window. I brush it off because when you are drifting between conscious and subconscious, your brain plays tricks on you.

I also want to know have you ever heard these voices when you are fully awake. Since I was a little girl I have heard someone calling my name in a sing song kind of way. It was when I was going to a friends house or walking home from school. As I got older the voice got more flat not so sing song, but it does emphasize the last vowel in my name. It happens when I am by myself outside somewhere.
grampa_hann (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
my mom used to tell me a story like this one. We have a house in the province -- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines. Before reaching our house, you'd have to pass by the cemetery. At night, when you'd pass there (they use a horse drawn carriage that time), they'd hear lots of unintelligible whispering sounds which also makes the horse scared and walk a little faster than normal. I don't know what it is and I wouldn't want to experience the same.:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Sound like a voice in your head I get the samething sometimes but can't understand what it saying.
ant1111 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Trust me, I was not overly tired and this was no dream or half asleep/awake thing lol.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I think you were just really overly tired and between dreaming/being awake, you were having audial hallucinations. I suppose it could be spiritual, but somehow my gut tells me it isn't. Thank you for sharing your story anyhow!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: