You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Was It Just A Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Just A Dream?

 

I've never witnessed anything that has shaken me so, nor have I have thought that I would ever possibly witness anything.

Last week, on Sunday night, I was trying to fall asleep because I had school in the morning. Mind you, I didn't get comfortable until around 2:30a.m, and even then, it took me a good few hours to fall into a decent sleep. I didn't fall into a good sleep until after I had my little adventure.

I was half asleep, and having weird dreams. I dreamt of catching a ceiling fan on fire in my room because the lights wouldn't work (though I have no ceiling fan in there.), and I dreamt of flying down my street and hitting a semi-truck. As I said, they were weird.

Somewhere in my dream, I felt as if I were going to wake up. I kept trying, but I couldn't. I felt frozen. I opened my eyes, and I stared up at my ceiling. There was no ceiling fan like in my dream; it was just my normal room. I tried moving, but remained frozen in place. I was not a comfortable position either. My back was slightly (if at all) arched, and I was putting all my weight onto my left side. I tried to move again, when I realized it wasn't going to happen, I tried even harder. My muscles ached, and I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I tried screaming but my jaw wouldn't move. I remember thinking that I just wanted my mom. This went on for about five minutes, before my body relaxed, and without even a moments notice I was back asleep, dreaming dreams that I could not wake up from. Everytime I dreamt, I'd wake up in another dream.

Could this have been Sleep Paralysis, or was it just my imagination? I never really gave sleep paralysis a second thought, nor had I even been thinking of anything like that. Heck, I couldn't even remember what it was called when I tried to tell my friends.

I haven't been bothered by anything like that, since. I'm just confused, because I can remember vividly what it was like, staring up at my ceiling unable to move, and I still remember how my muscles ached to move.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carlyxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Well I have to say that this does seem like sleep paralysis. But I could be wrong. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Sounds to me that you already know what it was.:) Definitely sounds like sleep paralysis.

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: