You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Bathroom Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Bathroom Door

 

I'm Cynthia, and my grandparents house has been where I've lived until I was about 11. My mother and I had lived with my grandparents in a wonderful house in Blue Bell. One day, I was around 7 years old, and I was sleeping in my mom's room because at the time, my room felt very eerie. In the middle of the night, I suddenly opened my eyes to the sight of the wall. I looked around in the dim room, and heard a creaking of the bathroom door which is located right on the other side of my mother's bedroom. My mom is woken up very easily, so I nudged her on her shoulder to tell her what I heard. Once she got up, I followed her to the bathroom. I am 100% sure that that night, right before we fell asleep, the bathroom door was completely closed. Well, at this point, it was all the way open! I looked at my mom in great surprise, the same she looked at me. She tried not to let me get scared at the fact that she was scared, too. She simply said uncomfortably that is was the wind, which was impossible because the bathroom window is always closed. We went back to bed unsure of any other encounters.

Since then, we have been experiencing many other scary things happening. Like when every picture we take in the house has huge orbs popping out at us. And when my dog continues to bark at the walk-in closet when me and him are sitting at the computer desk. Or when I was in my room, asleep, I woke up, and very vaguely saw a figure of a boy appearing in the corner, next to my closet, and looked at me, walked over to my bed, and collapsed on the floor, disappearing beside me.

I have known for my whole life that my house is set on the grounds of a campsite of the George Washington battleground nursery. This is where all the injured soldiers went to recover. My grandparents continue living there, and I visit all the time. I love this house, as it is where I grew up in. Fortunately, the spirits haunting the house will not drive me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi, I think it is wonderful that you haven't let these spirits run you out, as for the little boy I don't know what to say, but whatever it is I know it must be scary, but it might be some spirits that just can't move on, but they don't seem to be bothering ya'll in any kind of evil way, maybe they were trying to let you know that their presence is in the house, and they are not going to harm you. Nice story... Sorry being so late on posting.

~Vicki 😊 😳
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
It is good that you are not letting the spirits win. I could see how that could be scary so congratulations on standing your ground no matter how scared you are. 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Hi I have seen ghosts in my life. I saw one in my bathroom of a teenage boy. Last week I heard a little girl's voice and she was making noises. I have seen floating clouds also in my room. I can see through things in the dark just like a ghost can. You should read my stories on psychic experiences website my name is Katie on there 😊
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
That's cool. It's natural to adapt to spirits in your house, very. But it still may not be a 'good' thing. I'd watch my back if I were you.
cristal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
Woah you are brave if I were you I woulden't visit anymore you are a tough nut to crack.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: