You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Daddy Smoking?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Daddy Smoking?

 

The last first story I wrote was about my daddy's death and hooded figure. This story is about my daddy smoking. My Step-father smokes cigarette brand Western. My Father smoked Marlboro. This is significant to my story. It was last year before summer time.

One night as I was sat in front of the computer typing, I smelt a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from the right side of the window and the computer desk. My step-father smokes but he smokes outside. So it was not his cigarette I smelling. If he was outside having a smoke, my window was closed so the smoke could not have filtered in. The smoke smelt like that of the cigarettes my father smoked, Marlboro. I thought to myself yep and said "Hello daddy". Did my daddy come to see how I was?

I have been very mean to my family. They have been driving me crazy. I am the only child, I was Daddy's girl. My Daddy and I were very close. It hit me hard when he died. I know he always will be around and I know whenever my time comes I will be with him in. I have had health problem since I was sixteen. I have been sick all the times and now I have to take a shot every five weeks.

Thank you for reading this story.

Other hauntings by dreamergal72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamergal72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Chrisb thanks for the comment and yes I know it was my daddy cause I can tell what smoke kind is that he use it and I can smell it from next to my window from my desk and yes we are very close like a best friends we always hanging out such mall and movie etc you name it and until he died I don't see him much before he died cause he been busy working until apirl 2end. Again thank you very much for the comments.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I'm very sorry for your loss. Its allways sad to hear when somone close must leave us. I have to agree that this was your father. He probably wanted to let you know that he is ok. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
this little soul experience this is not ghost! Because ghosts are not our relations... Yep it might be your father who came!? Next time let you hide infront of the window! 😐

My blessings,
Kiranchandra
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Sqweeky1297 yeah thanks he do care about me even thought he was alife get mad at me. Yes we love each other and yes my stepdad still around we still get know each other very well. Hazzardsyndrome yeah I use to smoke that kind too but I quit along time ago I hate western cause it awfully smell. Yeah I am sure daddy check on me. Thank you nightghost yes sure miss my daddy and I didn't know marboro is lest of your favorite. Perd you right he always be there rather in spirit or his body no matter what. Hobbyholly yes it really nice of my daddy visit me in his spirit with his cirgerette smell and also he use to visit me in dreams too I do enjoy to have him around.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I agree with all the other posts. Consider it a nice little visit from your father.

Also I would advise your step-father to switch to a better brand. Anything would be better than what he has now... Well not NewPorts... But anyway...

Thanks for the story and take care
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Wether it was your fathers spirit or not, it comforted you and that's all you should think about. In your mind you believe it was your fathers way of letting you know he was around so remember it that way.

I too lost my father at a young age, and he has presented himself in small ways through out my life. You will always have a sore heart when you think of losing your father, but over time it WILL become easier. Only time can heal a wounded heart, and your father will always love and care for you wether he is here in body or not.

Family will always drive you crazy though, just a natural part of life sweet heart 😁 ...Keep in mind though, one day they too will be gone, so make the most of the time you have with them, and don't sweat the small stuff.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Yes Marlboro is a very distinct smoke. It's one of my least favorites and I don't like smoking at all! Dreamergal your father is probably with you everyday, and his smoking is a way to tell you that he is around. You are lucky to pick up on that because most people would think it was your stepdad not thinking twice of the fact it aint. Nice story, thanks for sharing!
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
i really understand what you mean about recognizing Malborough smoke, its very distinctive compared to westerns. I'm so sorry you lost your Dad but I'm sure he's around and still cares about you very much, I bet he was just checking up on his little girl 😁
Take care
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
he may still care about you and want to see how you are doing and I know how hard it is to have a step dad after you lose your dad but trust me things will get better try to get to know your step dad better I wish I did, but please trust me when I say this keep every thing that is your life right now close because your don't kow what you got until it's gone (TRUST ME PLEASE). When my step dad and my mom spit (I lived in south carolina at this time so I didn't get to see my dad a lot.) I missed my step dad a lot and I still miss my step dad and step brothers, even if none of them spend time with me. 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: