You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Walking Spirit Or Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Walking Spirit Or Guardian Angel?

 

Before I was born my family lived in a block of flats in the Sydney in the suburb of Fairfield which was built where an old house used to be. The house burnt down years before my family moved there. My sisters were only in their early teens when they noticed a presence inside the house. My older sister was blow drying my other sister's hair and something just skimmed past both there heads and smashed through the window. They named it Freddy as in Freddy Kruger.

Freddy would occasionally change the TV channels (old click knob TV) and change radio stations randomly, my sisters would say "Oi Freddy this program isn't good change it back to the other one" and it would change back. My sister's were not the only one's to notice the presence but my parents witnessed "Freddy" a couple of times too.

This next incident happened in front of my whole family when I was an 18 month old baby. My parents are Turkish. We had gone on a holiday over to Turkey to visit some relatives. My dad bought a car as he did not want to travel via public transport especially with a baby. We had gone to my uncles and had just left on our way to somewhere else. As we were driving though the Gallipoli peninsula (back then there were no houses, just bush land everywhere with a couple of scattered seaside villages) we were at least a good half hour drive from the nearest civilization, when I got really sick (high fever, seizures, fainting). My dad pulled over the car to check on me when all of a sudden this young man in his early 20's wearing black jeans, black denim jacket and piercing blue eyes (my family still until this day cannot get over how much his eyes were glowing) came up and told my dad to jump in the back with me. He told my dad I was extremely sick and needed him.

The man jumped into the drivers seat and drove into the town. As soon as we got there he told my dad to wait that the doctor was in the mosque conducting his evening prayers. The doctor came down along with a few village folk, but the young man was nowhere to be seen, not even the doctor had seen him, he was told after prayers that he was urgently needed in a car at the village square.

The doctor gave me some injection and told my parents to get me to the hospital. He also told my parents they were lucky to have found him in the village mosque praying otherwise if they were 10 minutes late, well I wouldn't be here to tell you this story.

Now the first part of the story is fine, however until this day I have always wondered "what happened that night in Gallipoli peninsula". My family doesn't know what to make of it, my mum and dad believed it might have been the spirit of a soldier who died during the Gallipoli Campaign WW1 (in Islam we believe that soldiers who die in battle do not really die, instead there spirit remains on this earth to help people in times of need until our day of judgment (this is how I have been taught). My sisters think it might have been a guardian angel, or possibly some random walking past, but it was dusk when it happened, how on earth would he know that the baby in that car was sick and close to dying?

Any comments are appreciated.

Sorry if I have bought up some religious aspects as I just tried to state what the beliefs of my family are into what we think this phenomenon might have been)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tigzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cassii (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Yes, I believe that it was a guardian angel. I believe everyone has a guardian angel, to protect them from harm. I also believe once you die and go to heaven, you meet your guardian angel. I think it was your guardian angel telling your father to hop in the back with you. But it seems strange that he could drive a car...Anyway,
May god bless you.

Cassii ❤
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
whoever he was, you were blessed that he was there to help. I think its a pretty good sign all in all that somethings watching over you 😊
Take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Plain and simple the man was an ANGEL. I and my children seen a man in ragged clothes begging for food. Once we gave him the food... Poof he was gone. We never know how the Lord will send an Angel to our needs, when it's needed. I do believe this was one of God's Angels sent your way to keep you alive.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Wow! Great story. I have heard of other accounts like this. Someone shows up and helps and then disappears. If the young man didn't tell the doctor to come he must have told someone in the congregation who relayed the message. We don't think of angels in black jeans and denim jackets but who is to say? I would say for whatever reason you were to stay in this world and God/Allah provided what was needed to do so. I have always wondered why some are saved and others are not but I do believe there is a bigger picture and we are all a part of it. I also believe our days are numbered and we don't leave until that time is up.
As far as the freddy ghost is concerned that may have been your own sisters' energy force known as kinetic energy. Some studies show that what people thought was poltergeist activity is actually brought on by young teens and their own kinetic energy. Some also think ghosts may be attracted to that kind of energy which may be the reason whenever you see a lot of poltergeist activity there are always a few teens living in the house.
Just glad you are still here with us and welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the story.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Tiqzi wow that wonderfully story I am glad you still here in yourghoststories.com to tell the story and he seem save your life or you wouldn't be here. Freddy I know that movie I seen many time before it was awfully haha.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm not sure what to make of it either since this person was obviously manifested enough to drive... The only thing I can think of is perhaps he was just a normal person with really pretty eyes who happened to wander off after helping you. Either way, I'm glad you're alive and all!

Blessings,
DA
SarahS (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Hi Tigzi: This man could have been an angel or a human that helps sometimes. They seem to disappear and sometimes you see that person again years later. They either seem angelic or have some kind of feature that stands out like the eyes that you've mentioned or don't seem to have problems. Regardless of your religion they still help you, They seem to see a bigger picture about what's going on.

Blessings

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: