You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Should We Be Worried - Possible Angry Haunting?

Real Ghost Stories

Should We Be Worried - Possible Angry Haunting?

 

This all started a few years ago. My sister and I started to feel that there was something in our house. Our parents didn't believe us at all. My sister has never told me exactly what has happened to her but I do know that her bed would shake at night.

About two years ago is when the most activity was happening. Things would sound like they would fall and when we went to look nothing would be out of place. One night my sister had a few friends over because they had a field trip for school early the next morning. That night I had a very bizarre and scary dream, I suddenly woke up to find I couldn't move and I had a heavy feeling on my chest I tried to yell for my sister but I couldn't talk. After about 15-20 seconds it went away and I tried not to think about it and I went back to sleep. About an hour later the same thing happened. After this incident there wasn't much that went on.

Recently things have started back up again. Last night at about 12:00a.m I again had a bizarre and scary dream and woke up to an extremely heavy feeling on my chest. My arms were pinned to my chest and I couldn't move. I tried to yell for my mother but again I couldn't talk. I tried to tell myself it was just a dream and I attempted to go back to sleep but I couldn't. It felt like someone was intensely watching me. I couldn't take it anymore, so I went down into the living room and asked my sister if she had anything happened to her recently. She said that she woke up one night and it felt like someone was pressing down on her chest. Every night she felt like someone would touch her and that someone was always watching, and that's why she started to sleep in the living room. When I told her what happened to me she wouldn't even let me go back to my room.

When I woke up this morning, I went up to my room to get ready for school I had a strong feeling that someone was watching me. I don't know if I should be scared or just accept whatever this is but I am definitely scared. The only places that things ever happen are on the second floor of our house. If you have any advice with what I can do it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ariel

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, arielb670, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

michrobe (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
This spirit sounds angry. It is violent. If it shook your sisters bed it's probably looking for attention. Have you seen anyone you don't know in your strange dreams. He/she might be showing themselves in your dreams because it is easier for them to manifest themselves in your dreams. I'd want the house blessed!
twilightzone94 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
ive had that happen to me and I have read some of the comments. I know some people say its cause your tryin to wake up and your brain is whatever but when it happened to me the first time I was talking to someone in a dream and I thought I was awake cause everything was the same. I told the person to leave me alone cause I wanted to go back to sleep. So I tried to go on my side when I felt something pull me back down and hold me there. I don't remember what really happened except I finally willed myself to get up and weirdly it was 3am. Lol anyone explain that?
arijesi (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I am the case manager for a local paranormal investigating team. If you truly feel threatened, we can do an investigation for free in order to find some answers to your phenomena.
Jess D.
Www.myspace.com/spi_nh
Souheganparanormalinvestigators.com
😉
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
After reading through the comments I had a little bit more to add. As for seeing a doctor, I strongly agree with this. If it is a problem such as Sleep Paralysis and it is becoming a consistent problem, there may be other problems involved, like Sleep Apena (in which you stop breathing for a shot time). And while most people will have it once or twice in their life, a recurring problem like that can be very dangerous.

Also, take a step back and look at your life as it is right now? Has things been very stressful lately? It could always be a stress related problem, causing some sort of problems in other areas of your life, including your health. If you are having problems, talk to someone, there are plenty of people out there who can help.

Finally, I have to strongly advise against having a Medium over at your house. For starters, bringing people like that over to your house to fool around in affairs such as that can flair up activity and upset spirits in the area. Further more, there is a huge industry for the Paranormal and many Mediums could be potential frauds. Any Medium asking for a exorbitant amount of money should be asked to leave your home immediately.

Regardless of what your problem may me, or how you fix it, I dearly hope you do. Sleep is a important aspect of all life. And feeling safe in your own home should be given to everyone.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
I am not going to say what it is, but I am going to give you several options. The first being Sleep Paralysis. When you go to sleep at night, your brain will go through several stages of sleep before entering it's final stage. At this stage in sleep, your mind will disconnect from your body so you do not hurt yourself.

Sometimes, you will wake up and your mind has not had enough time to re-connect to your body. This is known as Sleep Paralysis. You will not be able to move, or talk or anything. While Sleep Paralysis occurs, your brain is still considered to be in "sleep mode". And while in sleep mode, can actually project images from dreams into your vision. Imagine if you would, those cheesy red and blue 3D effects glasses you used to get. The red being reality and the blue a dream. Sometimes during Sleep Paralysis, the red and blue will get mixed together, sometimes in a horrifying combination.

Some people believe that Sleep Paralysis is actually a protective instinct that the body uses when evil spirits are near by. When they sense they cannot frighten you, they move on, and your body will finally release from Sleep Paralysis.

Other cultures yet believe it to be a "hag" or other kind of spirit or creature. Some believe it is a sign of a approaching tragedy or accident. Others believe it is a evil spirit.

As far as feeling like someone or something is touching you, there is another condition known to cause this sort of reaction to your skin or body. It can be anything from a sensation of ants on your skin, to a full blown grab or touch. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of this condition. But if I recall, it can be treated with medication.

I am the kind of person, who is not going to deny or approve anything. I cannot tell you what it truly is. But I do think people should see both possible sides before doing anything.

On a side note, I strongly advise that you do some serious investigations into what it could be, before you take any actions. Trying to cleanse a house or perform any sort of other activates of that nature can actually upset spirits in a house and cause them to become more active then they may have been in the past. Sometimes the best alternative is just to let your guests know that what they are doing to you, you do not like and would appreciate it if they would stop.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Well I'm not sure what it is. I sure doesn't feel pleasent. I hope others help you here. I ebjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Ok listen very close. Anytime you "wake up" and feel as if you can't move, you are not really awake. Do you understand? Trust me on this. If you are ever actually awake you will always be able to move. End of story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
If it makes you feel better and gives you peace of mind to cleanse your house and say your prayers by all means do so but it sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I used to suffer with it all the time, it's a sleep problem-try consulting your doctor. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
DaWebbyMan213 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Am I just being stupid, or did you not actually tell us what the dream was about,? Please reply to this comment.

Trust in the lord forever:)
PedJun (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Hi there.
This is a subject that always gives me some creeps, specially as I had some experiences that even today upset me to think about it, as I still tryto categorize them as a nightmare... But I know they weren't.

Anyway, about your case, I don't know the circumstances but try to follow the indications that other members gave you. Also, I usually pray the Saint Anthony responsory. As I know it works against bad forces, it never let me down.Seriuosly.

The Responsory in Honor of St. Anthony

If you ask for miracles,
Death, error, all calamities,
The leprosy and demons fly,
And health succeeds infirmities.

The sea obeys, and fetters break,
And lifeless limbs thou dost restore;
Whilst treasures lost are found again
When young or old thine aid implore.

All dangers vanish at thy prayer,
And direst need doth quickly flee,
Let those who know thy power proclaim -
Let Paduans say - these are of thee.

The sea obeys, etc.

To Father, Son may glory be,
And Holy Spirit eternally.

The sea obeys, etc.

Pray for us, blessed Anthony,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:
Almighty God, you have given St. Anthony to your people as an outstanding preacher and a ready helper in time of need. With his assistance may we follow the Gospel of Christ and know the help of your grace in every difficulty. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Pedro from Portugal
arielb670 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Thanks for all your help... I tired the sleeping on my side and about 10 minutes ago I woke up on my back and it was all happening again... I am considering trying the sage at his point... Thanks again for all you help:)
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
I agree with ghostchaser489 a sage cleansing has worked for me before when bad spirits start their stuff. Also I have learned an old Latin term for purification
"LIBERA NOS A MALO" (deliver us from evil)
Works when said out loud and with your whole heart. They don't seem to like this very much and usually go away. I have taken up the study of old latin I find it interesting and very handy as a lot of old documents and books regarding spirits and hauntings are written in the old latin language. Hope this is helpful to you.
Blesse be to all
Zukismom
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Sounds for all the world like sleep paralysis (Old Hag). Try sleeping on your side.
nickielouise123 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Ariel, I too have had similar experiences myself and I know it is scarry but the best advice I can give to you is to go into your room one night and tell the spirit to leave you alone.
It seems crazy because you'll probably be terrified of doing this but remember... Ghosts and spirits are fuelled by fear that is why most people who don't believe in them don't have any experiences.
If this doesn't work, bring a medium to your room (if possible) so you are aware of who/what this is? You may end up just understanding why it is there or maybe more... G'Luck and keep strong girl:O)
❤
Canyouseeme (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Thats good advice ghostchaser but don't forget ariel is still in school so doing that when her parents are not there may be difficult.

One way I would advise would be to try to speak to the entity when it happens and if the pressure becomes to much or your to scared to shout get off me... This has worked from some other stories I have read on here.

Other than that to try what ghostchaser said, tell your parents again and try make them believe you, also to keep a record of when it happens incase there's a pattern.

Another alternative would be to stay downstairs for awhile and every so often sleep in your bed and see if it happens again.

Good luck ariel

P.S. You didn't say how long this has been going on for but if its been happening awhile... Maybe looking up the houses history?

A entity is on earth for a reason and a lot are trying to contact us.
ghostchaser489 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Sounds like a hag of some sort, for sure. My advice would be to buy a bundle of sage and go through the entire house with it lit like incense, starting at the front door, and go in a clockwise direction. As you move, and the smoke spreads, speak affirmations of peace and love and light being the only energies allowed to enter the space. If you have a back door, end there. You can also do this for bedrooms only, it's equally as effective. Sage bundles can be bought in most natural medicine shops... If not you can find them online. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: