You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hostel And Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Hostel And Dark Figure

 

Honestly, I am not the one for believing in things without seeing them, or at least experiencing them myself. What I am about to write about is something that made me believe in spirits, if not ghosts.

It was December 2002. I was at that time studying my Bachelors degree in IT from Dehradun (a hill station in Uttaranchal). I was staying in the hostel of my institute and as all hostels have their own ghost stories, mine was no different.

The night in question was particularly freezing. It was around 2a.m. In the morning. Me and my room mate were studying for the upcoming exams. Late night studying had become a habit. We were not allowed to keep any food in our rooms and we had to go to the mess in case we felt hungry. This particular night we were both hungry, so we both got out of our quilts and locked the room on our way out.

The mess was about 40 to 50 metres away and to reach it, we had to walk along a line of old barracks that were now being demolished for some purpose. These barracks had tin roofs and as we were walking along them, it sounded as if someone was walking on the tin roof. Both of us were scared to death but neither of us showed (that male ego!). Again we heard the treading and my friend could not stand it anymore, and he started running. I saw him going round the curve and then the barracks blocked my view. I couldn't hear his feet on the gravel path either. I sort of ran-walked to the curve and what I saw, sends a chill down my spine to this today.

My friend's body was levitating in mid air, about 4 inches above ground. He lay (or floated) face down. I could barely make out another figure in the darkness. To me it looked like an outline of a small child (girl), wearing a frock or something of the sort.

The last thing I remember is everything fading out. I regained senses maybe what seemed like after an hour or so. The first that came to mind was to pick my friend up from the path as he was down on the ground now. I felt as if all the energy has been sucked out of me. I was trembling with weakness. Somehow I managed to get my cell phone out. I called the first number on the dialed list. I remember mumbling something over the phone.

I woke up next day in my room. My head aching like anything. Both me and my friend were on bed rest for a week. We never did know what happened or why.

If anyone can help in anyway by giving information or anything else on what it might have been, please do so. I will be grateful.

Other hauntings by Shiva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shiva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shiversdownmyspine (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
i agree with canyouseeme that you may be having feeling very tired and that is the cause you were maybe imagining things in your head as for your friend I really don't know how to explain it.
mysteryw14 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
dude I really think you are making this up
No offense to you or the believers
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Hi ask your friend wether any child died in there family are who was close to him recently to the incident or some long time before the incident. Some times souls try to take there loving ones along with them or try to meet there loving ones and some souls take care of there liked persons your friend should decide of what kind it was. If no death was happened in his family no need to worry just ignore it I promise nothing will happened even you go there again. The souls roam all the places and some souls fix some places just like us which they like. Any have to get that proved fix some cameras and spy cams may be you may get some pictures of it if you dare. I took some pics like this try them.

God bless You Thanks for the post. ❤
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
I do understand your hesitation, I think most if not all of who have shared their experiences face the same feelings that you have 😊. So Anil was the one who carried you both home? Did either of you notice any strange marks the next day? Or have there been any after-effects from the encounter? Have you been able to do any type of research into the experience; if so what were your findings?
I hope you find that the vast majority of people on this sight really want to help. But if you feel the need you can always get my e-mail from my profile and contact me that way. I look forward to your reply. God bless. 😊
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
well shiva you can look up my profile stories because I too got same kind of expereinces in hostel even... See them but some what different I think that OUR INDIAN HOSTELS ARE HAUNTED?

ANY WAY
MY BLESSINGS,
KIRANCHANDRA
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hi Jamak,
Thankyou for this zeal that you have shown in my experience. Well, actually the hostel did have some previous happenings worth talkin about. But I wanted to check the response I get here. Because many a times me and my friend have been laughed at. Hence, I hope you will truly understand my hesitation in putting my other experiences here.

Further, the person I called was my batchmate Anil. The last dialled number was his as we were discussing some points earlier that night. He had no clue of what happened, all he saw was us lieng on the gravel path. When we woke up we were inside our quilts and it was broad daylight. We must have slept through the night after being carried back to our room.

I hope I have covered all your questions Jamak and if I havent, you are most welcome to any clarifications you might need.

Godspeed S.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
You said that the hostel had a history of encounters, were ant of the stories you heard similar to your experience? Who was it that you called? Did they provide any further clues of what happened that day? Were they the ones that helped you get back to your room? When you both woke up were you in the same places as you were when studying for the tests (i.e. Same seats as when studying)? Please keep us updated. God bless.
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Thanks a lot for giving me a logical reason of that happening. I did some research about the history of the area as well. It seems like the hostel was made at/near an old garveyard for Muslim people. Maybe this or maybe something else could have been the reason. Anyways, it did not happen again.

Warm regards,
Shiva.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
This sounds to me very much like those UFO abductions 😜, really don't know, but sounds like it!, hope you never encounter something similar ever again 😉
Canyouseeme (1 stories) (14 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Interesting story shiva

Im not trying to say this didn't happen but staying up late studying will make anyone tired and maybe the lack of sleep at the right time was the cause of this.

Waking up the next day and being tired is a good sign of this.

Other than that, this is obviously your first sighting and with you staying in a hostel... It should have its history, now I take it your not there anymore with that being 7 years ago but you could look into the hostels history about someone dying etc. And hopefully you, ll find something.

Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: