You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Occurrences At Home - Help

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurrences At Home - Help

 

When I was four we moved from an apartment in New York City to a house upstate. When we first moved in it was kind of funny.

One night my sisters and I were all sleeping together we heard someone walking up the stairs, so my big sister says to my little one "Why's Alex coming upstairs this late?" I was sitting in the same room as my sisters and I said "Uhh...I'm right here." So my sister says "who's is that then?!" we knew it wasn't my parents, they were working. We just ignored the sound that night, we kind of figured it was an "energy" at the time and seeing as it wasn't being malicious we decided to let it stay and not investigate further.

Another night both my parents me and my sisters were all upstairs sleeping, when we heard what sounds like a 100 pound television that was dropped on the floor, then the sounds of children running around laughing. When we all got up in the morning, we didn't speak of it until I brought up." I heard a sound last night." so then everyone else admitted to hearing the same crashing and children sounds. (We live very close to a graveyard, not close enough to where this would feel like a haunted house but close.) My mother who used to be a nun took me to the graveyard with her. We came across two tomb stones that were all crooked, they were of two children. My mother straightened them, and then she brought some flowers to place on the graves. The ghosts were in no way malicious or threatening to us. But the interesting thing is recently I found out a little bit about my house. Basically we built the second floor to our house; previously we bought the house with only one floor. I also found out that the house was owned by a woman and two children. I haven't found much else but it leads me to wonder how these children died and what happened to the woman.

Two years ago, whilst I was in the kitchen my mom cooking at night, some baked goodies; I heard the faintest and most beautiful voice I have ever heard. It was so soft and honestly I am not religious but I felt that if I would have heard the Virgin Mary that would have been her voice. It sounded like it came from the dinning room (next to kitchen) and all it said was "Marina..." nothing else (Marina being my mom's name.), I looked at my mom and said did you hear that? And she heard the same thing. It makes me wonder what is up with our house.

I never feel afraid upstairs in our house. My only explanation to that is that it's the part we built and no one has perished there (except my dog who died outside and I hear him walking around sometimes but he is a kind spirit I know that.) However, when I come downstairs I feel kind of watched not afraid but watched. This feeling of being watched gets really bad when I go to the basement. It feels like very bad things have happened down there and I should stay out.

One time my sister and I were alone in the house upstairs and I heard someone playing with the door in the kitchen that went down to the basement. At first I thought it was a burglar. But oddly enough my dogs weren't barking. They were instead standing at the door whining, it was as if there were someone there they wanted to come in. I called the cops and my sister went downstairs and talked at the door (As if to scare off what ever was there.) but nothing it was still shaking when she was talking at it. When the cops came, the sound just stopped. They looked outside no footprints, nothing, the door wasn't tampered with. It was just a freak experience but it never happened again.

My mom had this house blessed by a local priest a while back (about 8 years) the house felt safer then. Could it be that the blessing is wearing off? Not sure what to do.

Also on a side note when I feel afraid or like I'm being watched I am able to conjure this extremely cold feeling that feels like I'm wrapping myself with a wet cold sheet that has little needles in it. Then I feel like I can conjure whatever is watching me away.

Not sure if I could get some feedback on what's going on, or if I should seek help about my tingling feeling.

Some suggestions would be great, I will be checking back!

Many thanks

Alex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alex9494, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
alex... The next time that you see or feel or hear anything like this that you can't personally explain... Try talking to "IT" try asking "IT" if "IT" needs help! Try to get as much info out of it as possible! That's the only thing I can really say! I'm not faithful to my religion of being southern baptist, but I do pray, and it feels like after I pray everything feels as if it has been lifted! I know your not religious, but a prayer here and prayer there wouldn't kill you! Remember god will do anything to get you on his path, so just because you have cursed the name of the lord before, god is very forgiving, and if you need him, he will be there to help you! Just try okay! And simply say to "IT" if its unholy or there to hurt you, you command it to leave in the name of god! And god will take over! There's a difference in being non religious, being an agnostic and being an atheist! I hope your not one of the last two! Sooo... Please just give it a try!

Bless you,
Jessica ❤ ❤ ❤
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Alex, When I was growing up my bestfriend in Jr. High lived in a house that was haunted by a woman named Catherine that had lived and died there in the 1940's. I stayed at her house quite often on weekends and there was always the banging in the kitchen at night and things pulled out of cabinets. This even went as far as hurting her mother. She was in the bathroom cleaning her ear with a Q tip and something hit her arm so hard that the Qtip actually burst her eardrum. Catherine and her daughter had both died there but you never heard the little baby just Catherine. I seen her in the downstairs bathroom mirror behind me once. Scared the crap out of me. My friend said they never had any trouble until they moved the staircase from the from hallway into the other side of the dining room, that is when it all started. Maybe your ghost family liked things the way they were before you built the 2nd floor and are letting you know they are still around. They can be very annoying and scary I would just let them know you don't mind them being there just no more scaring everybody
Zukismom
Alex9494 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Not sure what they're staring at but it's nice to know that at least they're like my little guardians (Chihuahua ftw!)
Alex9494 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Haha. I'm not religious but the thought is appreciated anyways. I have dogs they bark rarely at what I consider "nothing" but they look at things outside of my room sometimes with a face that says this "If you step in here god help you but I'm going to bite your butt off!":P
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Hi Alex, liked your story, unfortunatelly not much I can tell you but to pray hard everytime you have this bad "vibe"...cheers, 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: