You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotels and Death Spells

Real Ghost Stories

Hotels and Death Spells

 

First of all, hotels seem to be some of the most haunted places in the world. I have been in, not a lot, but a few. If you have visited a haunted hotel, post it in a comment. My story begins in an old Motel in Scotland. We were on our way to visit a friend named Sarah. My mom stopped at a hotel and registered us in for one night. When we got to our hotel, I got very cold, and started to cough.

Later on that night, I had a dream that my mom and I were huddled in the bathroom. A ghostly girl could be seen through the door (it was one of those see-through doors from an old hotel). She hovered and went to the bathroom. She chanted odd spells and words I didn't recognize. I saw the knob turning and then woke up.

I breathed heavily and turned on the light. There was nothing to be seen. Later on that morning, my mom said I had gotten a coughing fit during the night. She said she was really worried about me because my forehead was warm. When we checked out of the hotel, I got better right away.

Post your comments.

Other hauntings by Kirby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Hi kirby, I have been in a haunted hotel once. It was in Alaska. (We checked in cause we went fishing in a town called Seward. Well when we went in we ate, talked and went to bed at 10:00 to say the least...? Moving on, and at the last minute (We stayed for a day cause it was storming and pouring "Hale" -Ice- down) And at the VERY LAST Minute my older brother went to get some stuff we almost forgotten, some on or some thing thew an object at him. And no one was in the room, and we asked the lady and she said she was in the office taking a phone call.
Liked Your story by the way!
~~Eclipse 2000 ❤ 😆 be 😁
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Hey kirby I read the story about you in love with a ghost, (sorry I forgot his name) but I think that is so sweet.
Anyway back to this story maybe some girl did die in the room that you stayed in and she was (not trying to be a jerk but...) trying to kill you the way she died. And plese email me at sqweeky1297 [at] yahoo.com ok?
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I have no idea what was happening.
After doing some research, I found out that the building was once a weekly meeting place for Wicca practicers. 😕 So I'm hoping that might explain some of it...
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Hmmm...pherhaps a demon? Did the spirit cast a spell on you? That's kind of spooky!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Dear Kirby and "Guys" (Shane and Martin),

Sorry Kirby, it was a question asking you, "if this may have been a dream in need of an interpretation?" This was after all your dream experience, and I can respect your interpretation of it as being a ghost, if that is what you believe. Who am I to argue. And...guys...are we all in hot water now? ;)

Blessings Kirby
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Well Kirby, I didn't think the gender was worth a whole field in the profile page, but if it's important to you, you can always mention it in your bio section.

PS: "they" is me.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Tis alright Shane. ^-^ I'm just angry they don't put gender things up there with our info...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Sorry Kirby, didn't realize you were a young lady. Won't let that happen again, promise. :)
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Shane
I don't really think so... Oh, and another thing. I'M A FEMALE.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Good thinking Athena, I would never have thought to follow that line of logic. That is exactly what it could be. I would bet if Kirby did a little research into dream interpretation he would get the answers he is looking for. They say dreams are a way for our subconscious to communicate with the conscious mind. Excellent!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Dear Kirby, Do you think the girl was a ghost contacting you in a dream or could this have been a dream in need of an interpretation? Why do you think the girl was chanting odd spells? Is this dream, this girl and her chanting symbolic (meaning it means something) to you. Sometimes we do not feel well when we travel and find ourselves much better the next day after some needed rest. What do you think your dream and experience meant?

A few notes to travelers as follows: Before you make hotel/motel reservations do some research first, and ask others you know for trusted personal recommendations. You can ask to see the room before you reserve it for the night. You can always move to another room the next day or just move on down the road to friendlier accommodations without uninvited ghostly freeloaders. ;)
alexa gomez (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
do you have anything about ghosts in the state turkey and what they do to people
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
Something must have happened in that hotel, which strange occurance does so happen. Might have been a ceremonial area, evil incidents or events in the which lingers and marked its territory. That is how it works.
Take Care
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
that sounds more like a demon than anything else! Be careful with that!
cristal (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
That is scary if I were you I would never go to another hotel ever. It was probably the devil or something trying to get you out or something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: