You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Hush Little Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Hush Little Baby

 

I have always heard that babies see things different from adults. And the reason I think people believe this is because at an early age, babies don't know how to lie. They always tell the truth. The reason I think babies can see this stuff is because they can't really be expected to tell it to the media.

My little sister, Amy Isabella, acts like she sees stuff all the time. It creeps me out how she knows things. Now before I begin this story, let me get a few things out of you head. She doesn't watch any scary shows. She watches Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, shows like those mentioned. She has never watched anything that I watch or anyone else. She can't read so she couldn't have got this from a book. Also we are not like most families. We don't gather around the campfire and tell scary ghost stories. We hardly ever communicate except when eating at the table, and even then we just talk about the school day and work. That's all. Well now this is how the story begins.

I left my bedroom door open as I needed to use the bathroom. I got out and my little sister was no where to be found. We looked everywhere. I walked into my room and franticly looked in the toy box, in the shelves, everywhere she could possibly get to. Then I look around after hearing a tapping noise. I then heard a groan and a whimper. I looked at my closet door and saw my little sister's hand clawing under the crack at the door trying to get out. I ran over opened the door, and picked her up.

"What happened little Amzie?" I said, (I call her Amzie instead of Amy) "The lady put me here," She said, looking around. She whispered, "I wasn't supposed to tell." I chuckled. I thought she was kidding. "What lady?" I asked. "The one with the long dress and the long gray hair. She said for me to stay in here and never get help," She was still looking around when she said this. My eyes widened and my smile faded. No one in this house ever wares dresses or skirts and no one has gray hair.

"Did she hurt you? Did she touch you?" I asked panicking. "She just saw us jumping on your bed. Then she floated over and picked me up. She didn't even open the closet door. She just walked threw it and dropped me and went out".

Something she said really caught my attention. She said she "floated over". What did that mean? "Amzie, when you said she floated..." "She had no feet. She was a little off the ground." Amzie said.

I looked around and saw nothing but I suddenly felt I was being watched. Amzie dug her head into my shoulder. "She said to put me down," Amzie said, crying."Who did?" I asked, getting scared.

"The lady behind you," She twitched in my arms, "She said I'm in trouble and she says so are you."

I turned around and saw nothing. But I did feel a presence. "Don't put me down," she said in a whisper so low I could barley hear it, "I don't want to go back in the closet." I slowly walked out of my room, with her close in my arms. We were home alone. "She followed you," Amzie said. I held her tighter.

"Hush little baby don't say a word," I started singing to her and rocking her back and forth as I was sitting on the couch. "She's sitting beside you" Amzie said in an alert tone of voice. "Mama's going to buy you a mockin bird," I kept singing. "She's smelling you," Amzie said in a voice so low it was creepy." And if that mocking bird don't sing," I had my eyes shut and I was as stiff as ever, "Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring." "She's touching you," Amzie said. I felt my check get cold, "She touching your face."

For the next few hours, we were home alone. It was dark outside and the lights were off. Then they came on and the door opened and closed. Amzie looked out the window. All I saw was a car go by.

"She left. She got in that car," Amzie said. I then felt everything go back to normal. It got warmer, and I didn't feel like I was being watched any more. "We're safe." We both said.

Ever since that day, Amzie has been saying she has seen that woman and the same things happen then she's gone. I have learnt to keep Amzie in my arms at all times and to sing to her, and the spirit goes away faster. But why was she here? I don't know. No one has ever lived in this house but us, and we have never harmed any one. Why her? I don't know.

Please help.

Other hauntings by imyoproblm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, imyoproblm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
This one is quite creepy, to say the very least!:) Whatever happens, look after your sister... It seems the spirit is going after her, probably because the spirit considers your sister vulnerable. Great post, sweetie!

Also, people, I don't think it's fair to judge her family. We don't know her parents. They are probably in the other room resting after a long day's work and she may just be sharing her room with her baby sister hence the focus on the two of them. I agree with Fragmaster and Dalton. This site is for sharing ghost experiences, which is exactly what she did, NOT for talking about rights or shortcomings. Just saying.

Peace! Blessed be ❤
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
To Elawton or what ever your name is Why don't you keep to yourself? 1. This is not your family 2. I highly doubt it is against the law. Unless the media is getting even stupider 3. They also said they are not like most families. Just wanted to say that. I also agree with Dalton.
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
to elawton1980: We a here to talk about ghost not to judge education. Sorry I had to say that

Imhereforyou: Did you tried to record voices, put your recorder on a table, to be sure that every sound is not from the mouvement of the recorder. Ask them some things like: "What's you name, why are you there, who are you, when did you died?"

Then listen to your record, if it's respond, you'll hear it like a whisper...

Hope this helps

God bless you! 😊
elawton1980 (13 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Hi. I don't know how old you are, so maybe my question is incorrectly directed, but why are you expected to sit with your sister ALONE from the time you get home from school until nine at night? Even if you're fifteen or something, that is a huge burden for your parents to be placing on you, and an inappropriate one. I understand that you love your sister, but I don't think that you should be used as daycare. Especially since you've told your parents something is going on that's frightening your sister (and you), as an adult I think that they are being highly irresponsible. I am twenty-nine. I would never leave my little girl alone with someone under the age of eighteen for hours at a time everyday. It may even be against the law to do so. You seem very responsible and kind, but your parent's behavior is strange and dismissive. Do you have any relatives or older friends that could intervene? I mean, even if you weren't experiencing a malevolent spirit, your parents' actions are suspicious.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Shades of Evil Dead! It's quite interesting to note the coincidences here.
Zay (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
That is really really crazy! The scariest part in my opinion was when you wer singing to your lil sister and she starts saying stuff like "she's touching you, smelling you" ahhhh so so creepy!😨
bUbbLez03 (1 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Reason Why Kids See Super Natural Being Is When Were Newly Born. We Get To Use 100% Of Our Brain. And Part Of That Lets Us See Super Natural Being. The 100% Gets Lessen Everytime Our Parents Or Other People Tell Us That Its Impossible To See Them Bec. They're Dead Or They Don't Exist. Or Whatever. Well, You Get My Point Right? 😉
maecille (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
ok when chidren are young they can see things that adults or older children can't because no one has taught them it is wrong that is why a lot of children have imaginary friends. Except sometimes those "friends" arent imaginary we just can't see them when she gets older chances are it will stop as she becomes aware of the fact that this is not socially acceptable. I saw them when I was a child and to this day I can still tell you when something is not how it should be and I have witnessed some very odd things but I don't see them anymore not through my own eyes anyway. If this is still happening try putiing a video camera in the room it most often happens in and around the time it usually happens. You never know whta youll see. That is how I see what most people can't 😊
imhereforyou (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
ugh... Thanks sylviessweeties but I don't really get what that had to do with this and ugh... It didn't make much sence. If your trying to post a story then make one that's not on comments. And if there is a point to this that has something to do with my story... Please prove your point... ❤
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Locke started crying a lot like he was scared one day when he was a baby on his dads birthday in 2006, well his scared cry turned into a big smile when I went to him and he was looking in a corner laughing. He was born on the day his dads nanna Sylvia Poyner died. The lady as to whom I his mommy are named after. He was born at 5:20pm and his big sister 2:05pm. Ut the 20 in front of the 5 and you have 2:05m Lilikes birth time. And my dad said he wuld have the cord wrapped aroudn his neck a few days before he was born rapidly and naturally, the cord was wrapped around his neck twice when being pushed out, midwife told me to stop pshing, his cord was cut by dad and he was born healthy! And his name means Forest. And my dads nannas name and my name as his mom means Forest Maiden. And ne day he hugged thin air a few weeks ago and says I love you! He has taken a while to talk is a good problem solver and follows instructions well, hes a very happy loving sweet sensitive child with big blue eyes and very long eyelashes and blonde hair.
imhereforyou (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
My parents leave home right when I get home from school so I have to watch my sister. They work until about nine at night. I have told them but they just think amzie is just making all this stuff up and for me not to care. But they don't get that its not that simple. Amzie has told them to but they don't htink its true. I have told them, shes never lied, why would she lie now? And why lie about this? And they say this is children for you. So I just don't know anymore. Please keep posting! ❤
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Goodness, if that ever happened to my sister (she's 2) I wouldn't know what to do... 😢
I do hope that these things stop happening to you all.
Do your parents know this is happening?

God Bless You
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
that is very creepy, but I do believe everything you say your sister saw.

All I can say is when things happen keep singing and I'm not sure if you're a religious person but pray and ask God to protect you both and protect your sister with all you got
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
I need something clarified please, where are your parents? You don't mention them at all. Does your mother know what is happening at home? Have you told your mother. Surely your little sister would have said soemthing to her mother or even cried for her at some point.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
I am so sorry for the fear that you and your sister are experiencing. You said that no one had lived in the house other than your family, how new is the house? What do you know about the history of the land that the house is on? This is very confusing, you/your sister said that the spirit/entity left in a car that passed your house. This sounds like this spirit/entity is more a wandering one rather than one that is connected with anyone/thing in the house. Are you sure it leaves? Has this happened while your parents are home? I strongly suggest that you let your parents know what is going on. They need to take whatever action is needed to protect you and your sister. Please please keep us updated. God bless.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
I agree with KURLZ, you might want some help with this thing. For one she seems to be attached to your lil sis and possessive to the point she may harm her to prove to you who's boss. She may be a woman who was a really bad mother and that's how she treated her children when she was alive and thinks all children should be treated that way. I would get some outside help from a local priest,pastor,clergyman of some type.
God bless you both, keep singing to the little one.
Zukismom
imhereforyou (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
p.s. This is my new account...:) don't get confused... Keep posting please!
imhereforyou (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Thanks for posting guys! This happened again today, its getting so scary. I feel so bad for her that she sees these people. It scares me that they are real... Bless her. I, too, think she has a gift. And she prays before bed, before a meal, when she gets up, and w=after watching a tv show... So I really don't know what else to do. Thanks for your help anyways.!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Hi!, you know, I would recomend you to teach your little sister to pray and to ask their Angels or Jesus (whoever your beliefs), to come and protect her, 😕, All the best.
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
You might consider bringing an outsider in on this one, you never know what you could be dealing with, but it sounds like it could be bad.
Angelofmusic (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Heya,
I am just reading this story and I am sccared out of my wits! Poor you and your poor sister!😨 I have a little brother who something similar has happened to me and him, but he seems a lot younger than your sister. Children DO see things unknown to adults. And they don't take into conslation that no one will believe them. They literally CANT lie! Lol
Your instincts are your best weapon. If this spirit feels bad then go with your gut feeling. However, this spirit may feel connected with you sister, a goos relationship, but may be a little possesive.
Either way, If this gets out of hand you should definately confront the woman and tell her what you think.

The Angelxxx ❤
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
You should get an MP3 recorder. Then if someone or something is seen by your little sister, start you recorder and ask some questions like "Who are you? What do you want? Do you need help?" Questions like that. Your sister look like to have this gift. You can prove to her that she's not crazy. Your MP3 recorder can get some EVP (electronic voices phenomenon) that can prof the gift. Very nice story! I don't think that the entity she saw is bad. Write again!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Wow! Whoever or whatever the entity is, it sure sounds malevolent to me!

Do you know anything about the land your house is on? Were there any older buildings on the site?

My gut reaction is that this--thing--really seems to hate children. How awful for your little sister to be put in a closet and forbidden to get help--that sounds just plain sadistic and cruel to me.

I wonder if this critter is a remnant of a child caregiver who really loathed the children she was supposed to take care of.

I've said over and over that I don't claim to be psychic, but I will share the impressions I get from posted experiences, and these are the ones I get from your story.

Please keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: