You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Woman's Voice And My Step-dad's Brother Henry

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman's Voice And My Step-dad's Brother Henry

 

My name is Jessica. I am now 19 years old, and this is my first story.

My mom and dad divorced, but were separated, when I was about 4 years old. My mom met my stepdad when I was 3 and was moving in with him by my 5th birthday.

We moved into a brand new house, we were the first owners. Just to jump ahead a bit, we lived there as a family for about 10 years.

My mom was having a field day in this new place, decorating, moving the furniture in while my stepdad was at work. We moved in the first week of August. I know the exact date as my stepdads birthday is August 4th. My mom, me and my older brother went to the animal shelter and bought my stepdad a cat for his birthday. So it seemed like we were living the life. Everything was superb, or at least we thought so. Everything was calm for the first few years of living in this brand new. The bills were caught up; the family was stronger than ever. My mom and stepdad had just bought a new mini caravan; you know the ones before there were doors on both sides. We were all doing great. I am telling you these stories as my mom told them to me. She said the life was great in the beginning.

Well it all really starts when I started 5th grade in this new place. If you think 5th grade, 10 years old, we moved in right before my 5th birthday, so it took almost a decade to start its talent.

My mom had a strict bedtime routine for me and my brother and for school. Eight o'clock every night, we were on a schedule, even on weekends. After all I was 10 and he was 12. I remember I had a canopy bed with pink minnie mouse diney sheets. I didn't have a ceiling fan then, the only air coming in and out of my room was through the air vents on the floor or when the door would open or close.

The top of my bed always swayed, it was almost like air was being forced through, kind of like the fabric of the canopy but that is really nothing. My bed would sometimes jolt by itself, and that would creep me out. I had a very weird bed. After all my parents bought it for me at a yard sale. An estate sale. We bought my brothers bed from the same sale and he would sometimes complain of the bed moving. When we got our first family computer we had the COMPUSERVE internet service in 2000. I was 10 and my stepdad was a truck driver so he would always work late. Usually it was just me, my mom and my brother home. Well eight o'clock came around and like clock work my brother and I settled into our beds.

One night in particular, I heard a woman's voice coming from what sounded like my closet. I immediately thought it was my mother who liked to stay up late playing internet games until my stepdad came home. So I got out of bed and I went into our living room and I asked what my mother had wanted from me, why did she call my name. She looked all confused, and she said something along the lines of, "hmm... I didn't call you, go back to bed!" So, knowing in the back of my head that yes I did hear a woman calling my name, I reluctantly went to bed.

My mom had a stillborn in 1999, and immediately got pregnant again with my brother Ben who will be 9 in Feb. 09. He was born 02/02/2000 at 2:22 am he weighed 8lbs 2oz, born on Tuesday at 22 inch long. He was a great joy to my family. Ben was my stepdads first and only birth child. He is still overjoyed to this day.

When Ben was almost 2, my stepdad's brother, Henry I think his name was, passed away (this will have relevance later on in the story)! My brother Robert went to live with my dad and stepmom in 2002. So late at night it was just me and my brother and mom, until my stepdad got home.

Well my mom had just sat Ben and me down for dinner. Now across from the dining room table is a hallway which leads to my room at the end of it, the bathroom is to the left and Ben's room/ Roberts's old room to the right. Ben was sitting in his high chair directly in front of the hallway, my mom put his little plate and kid proof fork in front of him, and he dug in. He put his head up and looked into the hallway; he then tilted his head like a dog does when you do something weird in front of them, ha-ha! Ben told my mom who was sitting to his left that he saw daddy in the door way. Then as if he looked for a second time, he turned his head to my mom and said "no mommy, that's not daddy, but it's a man who looks like daddy in the doorway of sissy's room" me being sissy! (Sissy=Sister)

My mom and me looked at each other the same time then leaned over to look in the doorway. Then out of nowhere Ben started cracking up laughing, he squirmed around as if he wanted out of his high chair. So my mom picked up his plate, and let him down. He went straight to the hall way and switched the hallway light on, and stumbled over to the doorway of my room. He reached his hands up high and started giggling. Me and my mom were shocked at what were seeing.

The next day Saturday my brother Robert had come over from my dad's house. My stepdad received phone call saying that his brother Henry had died. The caller was Joe's sister Mary. I guess Mary had asked Joe that if he had any pictures of Henry, to bring them up to her house, because they were putting together a slideshow for Henrys funeral. So Joe and all of us started going through his shoe boxes and looking for old photos. Ben was not about to count himself out, so Joe opened up a photo book and there on the first page was a picture of Henry. Joe wanted to look through the album before taking any pictures out. When Joe flipped the page, Ben shuddered, hold on Daddy, Ben turned the page from page two to page one and he started laughing. So we know how it is when babies laugh, we all joined in the laughter and Joe asked Ben "son what is so funny?" Ben said "daddy I know this man, he is the man I saw last night in sissy's doorway". Well that sure stopped the laughter. Me and my mom quickly turned to each other and shook our heads in shock. We told Joe about the night before and how Ben just was cutting up laughing in the doorway of my room.

Its freaky what babies can see what we cannot see.

So that was the highlight in 2002. There are so many stories to tell about each year in that house.

Like the footsteps we always heard and how I would never be in that house alone, and for some reason I always wanted my little brother to sleep in my room at nights.

Robert moved back in, and instead of the boys sharing a room, I had Ben's toddler bed put in my room and we shared it. Also my brother loved having his space.

Well this is a long story. I have so many more to tell from 10 years to now 19 years old, from Florida to Michigan. I now live in Michigan with my husband Ryan. I will get them here I promise.

Thank you for reading and wait for my next true stories to come.

Other hauntings by JessicaWishon1989

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessicaWishon1989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I as, Rhodes here are looking forward to more of your stories. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Thank you for sharing a very intresting story with us Jessica. It has been one of my favourites that I have read in the previous few weeks.

It will be nice to read some more experiences from the paranormal side of your life.

Take Care.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Very interesting story, Jessica. It's amazing what kids (especially babies) can see that adults do not. Thanks for sharing these experiences.
trunks13 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
I have never had anything like that happen but rather I hear voices call my name asking me to help them and save them but when they ask they imediately start laughing or taunting my name. They would basically say my name then laugh and repeatedly do this whether I'm awake or sleeping or outside or indoors and they follow me. This started my first semester sophomore year which was august 2008 and its been going on every since. I'm a second semester now as of january 2009 and I'm 20. I call on jesus,pray, and read the scriptures and I can go to sleep a little peacefully as I feel warm after calling on jesus name. Nothing else happens other that and feeling like something is on my back when I sleep. It makes me feel like I can not get up. But anyway very creepy and interesting stories I would definately want to hear more. Also babies are more intuned to paranormal things than adults are, so 2 years old all the way to 7 maybe some kids still have it even as their adults other just loose it all together but can still fell paronormal things like when something is wrong in their house or seeing shadows etc.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Thank you for a very interesting story Jessica!

I'll be looking forward to reading your next experience.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Hi Jessica,
Thank you for your story, yes, babies are incredibly gifted when it comes to seeing paranormal stuff! 😉
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: