You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Collection Of Little Things That Happened

Real Ghost Stories

Collection Of Little Things That Happened

 

Of all the stories I have read mine isn't that good since my story is a compilation of all the different little things that happened.

Well the first time I found something strange is about 10 years ago. I was 6 or 7 years old and I stood up every weekend around 8 o' clock to watch a cartoon on television.

One weekend I was awaken by my dad around 12 o' clock and he asked if I had seen the show.

"No, my alarm didn't go off" was my answer and my dad said that it did go off, that he heard someone putting it off...

That was 10 years ago and I still haven't figured it out. Alarms, I was sure of that, were on had been put off during the night.

Things like that happened 6 times and the last time was last week. This could be explained by malfunctions but I still think it's strange for 5 clocks to have the same malfunction.

Well one time an alarm went off while there weren't any batteries in the clock. It was a new clock and we just used it for decoration and on one morning it went off...

Anyway, enough with the clocks!

Every morning I am home alone for 2 hours before I go to school. And 2 years ago I was searching for some books in my room and suddenly I heard someone cough in my parents' room. To be honest I was scared out of my wits because I knew I was home alone.

I went to my parents' room to check it out but nothing was out of the ordinary so I just went to school after it and never really gave it a second thought.

And yet, the thing that scared me the most happened 3 years ago.

Me and my parents were sitting in the living room when the doorknob of the hallway door went down (like someone was opening it) went back up with a lot of noise and the cabinet door (of the cabinet which was the closest by the door) went open (that cabinet door was locked by the way).

My mom went to look in the hallway but saw nothing. I was so scared that the moment it happened, I practically jumped on the lap of my dad who was sitting next to me...

Around that period something else happened too.

I was sitting in the bathroom drying my hair. When I saw two feet standing in the hallway (I saw two black spots by the play of the door and identified it as the feet of a person standing by the door) and thought it was my mom.

I yelled "you don't have to listen to what I am doing".

Then my mom came out of the bedroom (the thing in the hallway was gone...) and she asked "what did you say"?

The only thing I said was "nothing-I found it already" (I tried to make it look like I was searching for something).

I never told my mom about that, only told a friend and her answer was I don't want to be home alone in your house.

My mom had some strange experiences too. She was sick and stayed home from work. She was having a bath and suddenly she heard the toilet being flushed through. She was alone in the house...

And last week (I don't know the date...) around 5 o' clock in the morning she heard someone cry "Aah," it hurts (and more stuff like that).

She thought it was me because I had a dental problem at the time but I was asleep.

Well my grandmother always tells me a story that happened to her when I ask about ghosts. This happened 20 -18 years ago.

My grandmother slept in the living room because she was sick.

An uncle who she had constant fights with had passed away a couple of months before.

In the middle of the night she woke up and looked at the kitchen (the door was always open cause we couldn't close it anymore) and saw him standing there. She was still angry with him, stood up and went to the kitchen.

When she was there she looked at him and opened the back door and yelled " I thought I was finally relieved of you. You bullied me enough when you were alive and you don't have to do this while you're dead. Get out!"

Well believe it or not she never saw him again.

Well she always says that she could have dreamed it but the fact that the back door wasn't locked the next morning makes her believe otherwise.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakygirl1411, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
a simalar thing happened to my aunty...
One morning she was sitting outside and looking into the china cabinet, and asked where is my cup? (the door was also locked) and they searched everywhere for it, then a few days later it turned up in the kitchen.

The thing is I know its all true, because things like that happens a lot at my auntys house, because my uncle Brent contacts them a lot since he has passed away, and the other day we went to the graveyard to see my great grandpa's stone and we came home with the draws open, and all the pictures faced down.
star2006 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
i moved here from the us to belgium cause I married a belgian. And I looked at a video which I should have never cause I think the clip was made in the netherlands. And the woman said she had someone around her place and I jumped when I saw how fast I seen that person from upstairs to the downstairs. And she was around here for a while but left cause I ignored her.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hello and thank you for sharing your experiences with us! It sounds like you had a multitude of activities going on. In your grandmother's case, it sounds like an intelligent haunting because it was someone that she knew who physically appeared and seemed to react to her words. In your family's case, a majority of the activity seems to be residual. The feet in the hallway, turning off the alarms, opening the door... Things like that point to either residual hauntings (repeated actions of things that people do in the house due to high atmospheric energy concentrations) or a potential poltergeist that's being noisy and bothersome just to get a rise out of you. If you ever feel scared, speak out loud like your grandma did. Just say, "please leave me alone! I don't mind if you're here, but if you're going to try and scare me, go away!"

Blessings,
DA
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi Freakygirl, don't you think it's about time that you develop your ability? Those may be signs that your spiritual awareness is awakening... Look at your Grandma, she's too brave so she was able to drive away the entity that showed up. You can do that too by learning to be more brave... Ghosts like it when you're the scared-type, so be brave, Girl and develop your gifts!
freakygirl1411 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
I know the history of the house.
My parents built it 15 years ago. The only thing that may be interesting is the fact that the ground where it's build on was the garden of castle ribaucourt.
From what I can find on things that happened around the castle, nothing special happened but my grandmother told me once that on the end of world war 2 the forester was murdered somewhere on the grounds
(but grounds were so huge back then so I don't know if it was even close to where I live...)
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Thank you for coming back Freakygirl and responding.

Actually I DO understand why you chose not to say anything to your mom-sometimes we all choose to be quiet about certain things.

Hope to have you back with more stories to tell.

Thank you
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Very good collection of stories, Freakygirl. I had to laugh, though, about how well your grandma got rid of her ghost. If there were more people like her around a site like this might not be needed! Thanks for sharing these with us.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
forgot saying
My blessings,
Kiranchandra
This is my profile tag so you do create it
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
self horrror collection huh? Kidding yar. Thanx for sharing and looking for your big big things. Kidding yar... 😜
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi Freakygirl,

Liked reading your experience, thanks for sharing. Seems like you have stayed in that place for a long time. Try and find out a little bit about the history of the house.

Regards & Prayers
Logan
freakygirl1411 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
I had a clear view of the door knob and saw that it went down because if your sitting in the sofa you sit right in front of it.
For the second question: I actualy don't really know why I didn't told her (maybe because I was a bit shocked at the time I don't really remember why) but my mom really doesn't like the idea of having ghosts in her house
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Freakygirl thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I wanted to ask you something about the experience with the door knob. You said the knob went down and then up as if somebody was trying to open the door. Did you SEE the knob do that or just heard it? Where were you sitting at the time-I mean did you have clear view of the hallway from the place you were seated?

Well one more question if you don't mind. Why did you choose not to tell your mom about the feet you saw that day? You have already said she had had her own experiences as well as other members of your family so she must be a little acquainted with the idea of ghosts.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Thank you for sharing your recollections... What a temper of your Grandma, Ha!:)
Be well,Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: