You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghost's Playing With My Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost's Playing With My Lights

 

Lately my parents have been yelling at me for leaving my bedroom light switched on. But the problem is that I don't leave them on.

This started last year. I was getting ready for school when I heard someone whisper my name. I thought it was my nana but she was downstairs and when I asked her, she said she didn't say anything. So I started to get freaked out. Since then my lights have started to do what they do now. When I leave for school I switch them off and when I come home I get yelled at for leaving them on.

A few weeks ago I was straightening my hair in the bathroom. I had switched off my bedroom lights. I then heard kids laughing followed by a woman's voice saying, "Come on now kids don't go in there." I thought it was my nana watching T.V so I went to check but the T.V wasn't on. I went in my room to see if my T.V was on but it wasn't but my light was on. This freaked me out a lot.

What happened last night scared me even more. I have a bunk bed. By my bed I have a touch lamp on a shelf. When I went into my room to show my friend something the touch lamp was on. You have to touch it hard because it is broken and I haven't used the lamp in a long time so this really scared me.

I have tried to tell my mom that I don't leave the lights on but she does not listen.

So if you have any idea of what might be happening please tell me.

Other hauntings by IlikeNumbers123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IlikeNumbers123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rozalin (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story.

Personally, I don't think that this is a negative spirit/group of spirits. I think they just want your attention, either that, or they don't actually notice your world and think they're alive still.

Also another thing, called "Residual energy"? (excuse my spelling) can have effects on things in our world. Usually electrical objects, such as lights.
And if you don't know what "Residual energy" is, I'll explain. Residual energy is said to be a type of energy that records events that have happened in the past, into the fabrics of buildings and objects.

Though like I said before, this doesn't seem negative at all. So chasing it away with a Priest or something seems very cruel on my end. As far as your Mother goes, get some proof for the lights. Leave a camara recording, take photographs before you leave. Show her the lights "off" before you leave for class.

Take care,

Lea.
penelapea (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
try commanding it to stop or if it escelates then what you do is get a priest in it usually works
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Perhaps a benevolent spirit, probably more of a prankster than a threat. Try communicating with it, my mom had one in her old house that turned the lights and water on and she demanded that it stop and it did.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi, I think you have a poltergeist in your house to tell you the truth, because they usually move things about for fun, but it does get very annoying and scary!

Princess123 x ❤
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi IlikeNumbers,

Thanks for sharing. I think you should try asking the presence to stop doing it. If its just messing with you it will most probably stop it, unless its looking to get your attention.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: