You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Trouble In An Abandoned House 2

Real Ghost Stories

Trouble In An Abandoned House 2

 

Finally the Finish to Trouble in an abandoned house. Sorry it took so long to post it but the site was overloaded with submissions. But enough chatter on to the story.

About a week after my first visit I returned to the abandoned house, probably at one of the worst times I could have undertaken the adventure, Halloween. I went back to the house with my brother. I knew the spirit was waiting for me, I could feel him watching from the windows. Sure enough as soon as I stepped in the back door I heard a baby begin to cry and I felt the cold hands brushing across my neck. I laughed and said "I am not afraid of you." He grabbed me and tossed me into the dining room I landed on my back and slid into the middle of the floor all the wind knocked out of me. As I lay there gasping I could faintly hear my brother yelling.

Above me I could see the dark outline of a man bending over me. I could feel his hands touching me all over and hear his voice whispering "you should be" I finally caught my breath and just grinned at him. I placed my hands on the ground and pushed myself upward. Once I was on my feet I pulled my amulet out of my shirt. The spirit hissed when he saw it and drew away from me.

My amulet is a Moonstone blessed by several different religions as a talisman against Evil.

I wrapped my hand around the stone and deliberately stepped towards the Spirit. He hissed in rage and began trying to tear the amulet away from me. He jumped on me and knocked me to the ground causing me to let go of the amulet but it was still on its chain around my neck.

He sat atop my chest smacking me and clawing at me and screaming. I protected myself the best I could and continued to chant "by the power in my amulet I command you to be gone. In the name of all that is good leave this place forever and return to the world of the dead." The more I chanted the angrier he got. A wind filled the room whipping my hair against my face and sliding me across the floor towards the back bedroom. I couldn't get a grip on anything and was spun into the room. As I came through the door I saw the floor of the closet glowing a sickly red color. The wind was coming from the closet. The Spirit was still clawing and biting at me trying to rip the amulet off me.

I got one hand up grasped the amulet and broke the chain. I slammed the amulet into the things forehead and chanted louder. Suddenly the wind began to be sucked back into the glowing floor.

As it went it took the spirit with it. He wrapped a hand around my ankle dragging me towards the closet with him. I knew if I touched that glowing floor I would be lost forever.

I dug frantically at the floor trying to find anything to hold on to. I caught a flicker of movement from the door to the dining room I glanced up to see a young woman standing there. She ran across the room grabbed my hands and pulled me back. When she couldn't free me she stepped forward grabbed the mans wrist and said " he already has my children I won't let him take you." there was a bright flash of blue light and when I could see again the hand was gone from my ankle and the glow was gone from the floor.

As I stood up my brother rushed in. He gasped and said Gods Bless you look like you had a fight with a large rosebush and lost!" I was covered from my head to my ankles with scratches, welts and bruises. When I asked my brother what happened to him he said something blocked the door and kept him out of the house.

As I left the house the ivy around the back door briefly gripped my arms and throat and I heard a woman's voice whisper "thank you we are finally free" then the vines let go and I walked away without looking back.

I got wondering about the house last summer so I went back to see it. When I got there I discovered nothing but an empty lot. A couple of the firemen were outside so I walked over and asked them what happened. They told me that about a year after I had been in the house last it caught fire and burned to the ground before any one saw the fire.

Maybe someone else can explain how a house right next to a fire station can burn without anyone seeing until it was too late. Two of the firemen told me they saw things dancing in the flames. Things that looked like young women made of fire and other things that looked like lizards.

Other hauntings by AmberMoonPriestess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmberMoonPriestess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dio (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
Thought I'd put in my two cents. We all like facts, right?

I'm a long time friend of that particular neighborhood. I'm well aware of the house that used to be next to the fire department. It was DEMOLISHED. It did not mysteriously burn down. They had to tear it down because it was infested with rats and was basically becoming a nuisance and hazardous due to kids from the neighborhood breaking in, and transients and vagrants using it as a crash house. The cops had even been called because vagrants were getting into fights outside on the porch.

The fire department used to use the house as storage and they were the ones who took care of the yard. A friend of mine had seen the inside before they tore it down, and the place was pretty much gutted. No cabinets, no fixtures, nothing. Just garbage and hyperdermic needles and other fun items that one would find in a typical crash house.

Never once, in my entire time involved in the area, had I heard, sensed, or experienced anything spiritually unusual about the place.

I still frequent the area, and I help out at one of the businesses next to the lot. The empty lot has no bad energy or anything unusual that I can sense.

Funny how any house that is vacant or condemned is automatically thought to be "haunted". **shrug**

Not that I'm discounting the entire thing. It *could* have been haunted, though I highly doubt to the extent that was described in this particular story.

Sometimes it helps to get more of the dots to connect to the whole picture. Hope this helps!:)

Great story telling, by the way!
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
flame

I was definately short on info. I did track doen the owner of the house and she told me how it was growing up there and with her permission will be posting some of her famlys experiences.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
dancing

*shrug* whatever, if there's one thing I have learned in my absence it not to let doubters bother me. Some of us are more Psychic than others jusy like some are fatter or thinner, and I refuse to waste my energy trying to open someone elses eyes to the Truth.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
codove

Well for one thing we were trespassing, it was an abandoned house.

Secondly this happened several year ago I know several of the Firmen have retired since.

Also just going by the types of reactions I have been getting do you think anyone would risk ruining their career by admiting to seeing anything.
codove1 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
OK I am back no one at the fire dept. Said they seen any thing in the flames nor did they hear about you or your date with a demon. I am not saying your fibbing but no one was able to agree with you on many things and they said that if someone was in there they was trespassing. And they don't recall finding a homeless person dead in there. But thanks for your ghost tales.
codove1 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Never mind I have it from your first post. I have checked out the SLC newspapers and nothing about any one passing away at that addy but will talk to the fire dept later today I get to go to the city shopping wahoooooooo. Chat when I get back. Thanks ❤ ❤ ❤
codove1 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Hello Amber I was wondering the addy to the house that your topic is about I use to live is SLC and I will be headed there with my brother soon. He is a fireman so I am sure he could talk to the fire dept. That is next to the lot where the house was. I would like to visit the lot while my brother goes fishing for info please and thank you.
dancingmist107 (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
i don't believe you. I can tell this is fake. The other one I can believe but not this one. 🤔 🤔 🤔
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
i wonder what happened there at that house, what did the lady spirit mean when she said he had her kids? If I were you I would try and find out what had happened here. You may not have the proper protection. I'm not saying you are lieing or anything in that manner. But research is important when you do something like you did. I would have never taken the chances you did. Be carefull you may not win next time love and peace to you ❤ ❤ ❤
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
surya

Some are healers some are ummm well a bit on the darker side of things but I am learning more everyday.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I did not say anything about traditional!

Learning from people as well, I hope they are healers.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
surya

I am learning about magick and crystals from people as well. (I do believe I said that before but...)

I just do not follow a set "traditional" path.

I know enough not to get myself or others in trouble but I do not know everything.

I use what works for me in the ways it works for me, just because it is not "traditional" does not mean it is wrong or dangerous.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
I would suggest you go and learn about the power of the crystals and witchcraft if you want to damble in majik instead of taking your information from books and the internet sites. If we all did what you are doing, we would all be qualified holistic therapists don't you think! You are either born with the gift or you go and learn from a teacher born with it and even then a teacher may refuse to teach you as you don't have what it takes. As for the uses of the other crystals well what can I say...
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
zuki

Thank you for your belief and encouragement. You are right most people are lucky to go their whole life seeing the lighter side of the spiritual world but their is a dark side and those of us who see it battle it in small ways every day.

Even those who never see it battle it in small ways every day. Each time someone does something kind it weakens the badness.

And thank you for the reminder to keep myself strong things have been hectic this month and I have been neglecting myself.
Which I need to stop doing cause that's when things usually go wrong and I find something not nice.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
surya

I don't practice traditional witchcraft. What I know about crystals and witchcraft I am still learning. I do come from a family tradition but my teacher died when I was only 8.

I di not begin learning trsditional witchcraft until I was 18 and I have been learning from various books, people and the internet.

Stones speak to me through feelings and vibrations. I get a sense of like or dislike from them when I first touch them. If the stone likes me I can work with it if not thne I cant.

Moonstone is one of the most versatile stones I have found besides white quartz. I can use either for many things they normally wouldn't be used for, same with onyx and smoky quartz.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Amercian Witch magick & www.all-that-gifts.com. So you practic witch-craft. Interesting. What do you actually know about crytals other than what this book has taught. Is your moonstone a tumblestone or raw mineral? You have not told me how your stone communicates with you? For you to use it the way you did. I am curious!
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
I feel your story has a strong truth to it.
I am sorry some are not seeing the strength in your heart. Not all hauntings are mists and flickering lights, some are down right dirty and vicious demons, dark entities that were not good people in this life and continue their dark ways in the spirit realm. Most people are fortunate enough to go their whole lives and never have to meet up with any of the violent darkness that is Evil incarnate. I commend you for fighting this in your own way. There is no hand book for fighting evil. God gives you that ability some people have a lot of ability some a have a little. Just stay strong and pick you battles carefully. We cannot lose a warrior like yourself.
Blessed Be
Zukismom
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
surya

In my last post I listed 2 different places I had found moonstones being listed as for protection.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
DeviousAngel is correct in what he is saying about the Moonstone, However I would like to know how and when the stones changes?
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
kalesse

No problem I am still learning some things myself and I would rather have someone point out a mistake such as you did than let me go on with the mistake unfixed.

Thank you for pointing it out.
Kalessehuine (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Alrighty, I was just checking! I'm nosy that way. 😆 Thank you very much for answering me.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Kaless

Yes I realized that after I had made the statement. I was in the wrong month for the equinox.

The path I follow is predominantly Shamnism which has a different set of holidays. I don't know much about other pagan holidays I am still learning those.

I do know Halloween was originally All Hallows Eve and the history of where jack o' lanterns, and masks and costumes and other things came from.
Kalessehuine (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
I was reading the comments to this story, and read something strange in one of your comments, AmberMoonPriestess. You said that the date for Halloween changes because it falls on the Fall equinox. The fall equinox is on either the 21st or 22nd of September. Our American Halloween originally comes from the Celtic end of harvest/death celebration. It was also the end and beginning of their calender years. Their New Years, essentially. That date is sort of hard to pin down. Most of the time is thought to be October 31-November 1, or November 30-December 1. The research differs on this on. Anyway, I hope I have not offended you. I am simply very confused, especially since you seem to be some mix of pagan religions. Thank you for listening to my babbles.

Gods all bless, Kally
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
according to the book American Witch magick for the Modern Seeker "the moonstone is mystical. Carrying it will bring protection and holding it in the palm of your hand will ease stress and tension."

The website www.all-that-gifts.com states Moonstone is believed to be protective for women and babies

Www.sobrietystones.com lists the moonstone as a good stone for psychic power.

Just some info on moonstones as protection, am trying to be helpfull in research for those of you who are interested.

As I said earlier tho there are just some stone I don't connect with and so substitute others.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
devious

I know moonstones arent normally used for protection and I don't usually use them for that the one my amulet is made from just seems to hold power well and is extremely good for focusing power.

I use a lot of things for different purposes than they are usually meant at times. Sometimes it just depends on what's around when I need it. I am very good at improvising especially when it comes to stones there are some types I just do not connect with at all so I use other stones in their place.

I don't mind the legitimate questions and yes I can tell those who do research things before they ask questions what is bothering me is the outright disbelief that what I say is a lie because its "similar to a ghost story on the web or a movie" or as you put it "I think the skepticism isn't because we don't believe that this could happen; I think it's that a lot of people here who are spiritually attuned realize that most of these things DON'T happen to people, even once in a lifetime. You would think that if there were spirits with this much power, more people would come in contact with them such as you have."

To answer this MOST people don't stand their ground against a spirit if they feel strong emotions of hatred or anger or violence coming from a spirit. Most sensitives run away from situations where they would have to face anything dangerous.

I do respect the power of spirits and you can call me arrogant, stupid, insane whatever you want I stand my ground because I know I can face down almost anything, yes some day I will find something stronger than I am but until that day comes I will continue to seek out the entities no one else will deal with.

Some people are called to be soldiers defending their country I feel I have been called to fight as a soldier in a different kind of war. For if nobody stands up to evil then evil will win. I feel it is my Gods who give me the power to face any spirit and laugh in the face of evil.

I know the power a spirit can have I have almost lost my life dealing with one because my faith wavered for a moment. I know people who have been haunted to death or who have been killed in other ways by spirits. But to me most spirits are "mere" spirits and "simple" ghosts who just need a helping hand with unfinished buisness or else don't realize they have passed on.

Perhaps I will post a few more stories so you can see what I have dealt with.

Maybe the more people learn of what I have seen the more they will believe.

But sadly some people live so strongly in the light of their reality they can't see the darkness around them.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I think Surya is curious because white moonstone is used for physical and emotional healing as well as spiritual and mental awareness. I haven't heard it used for protection against evil before. That isn't one of the normal properties of moonstone, no matter what the color.

Also, I want to say something. The questions that the people here are asking you aren't to attack you or make you seem like an idiot, it's because we are having a hard time making heads or tails of these experiences. The more details we get, the better for us to do our research, which you can tell we've been doing by how we've broken down the details of your stories. I do not have a personal vendetta against you, nor do I think anyone else here does. If you noticed, I commented on other stories of yours without any sort of negativity.

I've heard of some really unusual experiences that aren't unbelievable, regardless of the fact that they go outside the "norm". I think the skepticism isn't because we don't believe that this could happen; I think it's that a lot of people here who are spiritually attuned realize that most of these things DON'T happen to people, even once in a lifetime. You would think that if there were spirits with this much power, more people would come in contact with them such as you have. A lot of spirits don't care whether or not you believe in them; they just appear to people when they feel it necessary.

There also seems to be a certain arrogance to these stories that make others feel hostile (I could just be speaking for myself here). Many people here respect the power and effect that spirits have in people's lives, and you often word things as if they are just "mere" or "simple" spirits that have no effect on you no matter how scary or physically powerful they are. Unless someone who experiences these things is completely detached from their emotions, it's not common that someone could have these situations come up and maintain a sane, semi-normal life.

Blessings,
DA
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
troyarn

If you noticed the number 2 by the title it should tell you this is the second half of the story, in part one I give the address of the house.

Thats the problem tho nobody does the research they just asume my experiences are untrue because they are different.

Once again the house was located next to the firestation on 900 south and 1100 east in salt lake city utah.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
surya

Yes I am positive it is a Moonstone. Since I have gotten it I have noticed a boost to my power when I use the stone as a focus, I can also store power in the stone and it holds the power of a blessing very well.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
whitebuffalo

Its not you personally its the overall negativity that's wearing my patience very very thin.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Wow, AGAIN with the tone...
Have I DONE something to you that I just can not remember?
I will find my answers elsewhere... No help on THIS page.
"Doors close, look for an opened window."

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: